Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Applecare - Yay or nay ?

• 26-09-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭

Bought two 15" retina MacBooks for work. Didn't opt for the applecare on them as funds were very tight at the time & have them about a month now.

Is it worth or recommended getting them ?

If so, are there ever any bargains to be had ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Unless you need the telephone support, not really. You’re protected under consumer law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭squonk

With MacBooks I'd say it's worth it. That being said, my MacBook was a 2006 model with removable battery and mechanical hard drive. AppleCare paid for itself there when I ran into issues with the charger, the drive packed it in another time and the battery packed it in another time. The battery was a real weak point on that generation by the looks of it. I went through several. I'd say it's well worth I tif you can afford it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

Probably in a position to pay for it in a couple of months. you have the year, right ?

Know anyone who'd insure them ? I tried gadget insurance.ie but they don't do business insurance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Still some stock on apple.ie for the 6+..
    saying 5-7 business days delivery while the UK is still 3-4 weeks.

Advertisement