If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW WEBSITE FOR RICHERSOUNDS IRELAND

Options
  • 26-09-2014 1:41pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

we have just put up a new site! ( many years overdue :o) - over the next few days it will feature the full range of Richer UK products - it already has about 90% of the full range and we will also add our own exclusive products which Richer UK don't stock.

We know there are some 'quirks' still on the new site but we really wanted to do a soft launch sooner rather than later so if you do see any errors please do PM or email me ( johnmc@richersounds.ie) - we would love your comments and we will try to correct the errors asap.

One of the major changes is that on the Euro site prices will include delivery to the ROI for the 1st time - we are going to run with this for a trial period, previously courier shipping was charged for instance at £12.99 for separates - this has now been reduced and built into the Euro pricing - as ever we will monitor the shipping and if it is more economical for a Customer purchasing a bundle to charge a flat rate we will reduce the shipping charges locally.

On TV we will offer the 5 year warranty on all TV's to ROI residents and we are introducing free delivery and install on a range of 4K Ultra HD TV's ( within a 50 mile range of central Belfast & central Dublin initially) if you are outside the free install range we will contact you and agree a discount wherever possible.

Thanks for your patience and the many Boardies who contacted us over the years about our old site to offer help, suggestions, advice or just to say how crap it was :D.

The site you will see today really is just a baseline we have lots of other features ready to go that we will roll out as soon as we are sure the basic architecture works and there is no smell of burning.

Keep us posted and thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

PS: I'm in a great mood today after finally getting this over the line ( and seeing Kate Bush Live on Wednesday) so feel free to mail or PM me if you are looking for the best poss discount this weekend :)

PPS: Thanks a mill to Joe, Ed, Roy & the Guys from Cefasoft for lots of hard work getting the site live and of course to our own DaveMc who many of you know....

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Looks great - best of luck with it

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Looks great - best of luck with it
    Thanks Hyzephyr - much appreciated :D

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭kooga

even more impressive is that the october catlogue is up a day earlier than the uk site.

Well done guys............looking forward to keeoing an eye on the clearnace section (being from cork!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Would you have a price for the [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SONY BRAVIA KD55X8505BBU?[/font]
    and also is there any word on 2015 4k range yet?
    Not sure wether to hang on a few months or go for the sony,looks like an excellent TV.Thanks in advance

The 55X8505 is available at €1599.99 including delivery and is an excellent TV at that price - we are starting to see details of the new Sony / LG / Samsung ranges coming through but from initial signs the new ranges will be significantly more expensive than the outgoing models ( which is pretty much the norm)

Keep us posted if we can assist and thanks for the post,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Boardies,

we have just put up a new site! ( many years overdue :o) - over the next few days it will feature the full range of Richer UK products - it already has about 90% of the full range and we will also add our own exclusive products which Richer UK don't stock.

We know there are some 'quirks' still on the new site but we really wanted to do a soft launch sooner rather than later so if you do see any errors please do PM or email me ( johnmc@richersounds.ie) - we would love your comments and we will try to correct the errors asap.

One of the major changes is that on the Euro site prices will include delivery to the ROI for the 1st time - we are going to run with this for a trial period, previously courier shipping was charged for instance at £12.99 for separates - this has now been reduced and built into the Euro pricing - as ever we will monitor the shipping and if it is more economical for a Customer purchasing a bundle to charge a flat rate we will reduce the shipping charges locally.

On TV we will offer the 5 year warranty on all TV's to ROI residents and we are introducing free delivery and install on a range of 4K Ultra HD TV's ( within a 50 mile range of central Belfast & central Dublin initially) if you are outside the free install range we will contact you and agree a discount wherever possible.

Thanks for your patience and the many Boardies who contacted us over the years about our old site to offer help, suggestions, advice or just to say how crap it was :D.

The site you will see today really is just a baseline we have lots of other features ready to go that we will roll out as soon as we are sure the basic architecture works and there is no smell of burning.

Keep us posted and thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

PS: I'm in a great mood today after finally getting this over the line ( and seeing Kate Bush Live on Wednesday) so feel free to mail or PM me if you are looking for the best poss discount this weekend :)

PPS: Thanks a mill to Joe, Ed, Roy & the Guys from Cefasoft for lots of hard work getting the site live and of course to our own DaveMc who many of you know....

Looks good, but no Mobile optimized version?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Looks good, but no Mobile optimized version?

Also, the categories at the top aren't click able from a Mobile device (using 2014 moto x)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Any chance on getting a price for the Panny 55" Cx802B e2800 Harvey Norman ,e2790 Panasonic store,all with a 5 yr warranty and supposed to be rolling out a cash back offer next week.You have it on the UK site but no mention on the Irish site.

ben101 wrote: »
    Any chance on getting a price for the Panny 55" Cx802B e2800 Harvey Norman ,e2790 Panasonic store,all with a 5 yr warranty and supposed to be rolling out a cash back offer next week.You have it on the UK site but no mention on the Irish site.

- but let me have a look at it in the morning and I will come back to you!

Thx for the opportunity to quote

Atvb
    John mc

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ninjakettle

Hello - 

On the hunt for a bargain 32-40 flat tv.  Any open box, ex display units you may have for clearance?
    Failing that - can you recommend one?

Thanks,
    John

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hello - 

On the hunt for a bargain 32-40 flat tv.  Any open box, ex display units you may have for clearance?
    Failing that - can you recommend one?

Thanks,
    John
    Hi John, thanks for your post

Do you need smart functionality/3d/4k??

If you're looking for something new on a budget, you could look at the Hisense screens, a 32" and 40" - Great little TVs but not smart models, for the price
    32" - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201385-ltdn32e130tuk.aspx @ €269.95/£179
    40" - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201386-ltdn40e139tuk.aspx @ €349.99/£239

Up from that there is the panasonic TX40C300B - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201409-viera-tx40c300b.aspx at €399/£299 - a decent improvement in picture for an extra €50

For Clearance/ ex display models -

Ex Display
    Panasonic TX32AS600 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200541-viera-tx32as600b.aspx - smart at €399/£379
    Samsung 32H6200 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200781-ue32h6200.aspx - 3d Smart at €499/£349

Open Box
    Samsung 32h4000 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200579-ue32h4000.aspx - at €299/£199 + Delivery
    Panasonic TX39AS650 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200446-viera-tx39as600b.aspx - at €539/£349 + delivery
    Blaupunkt 40/148 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200612-40148.aspx - €299/£249 + delivery

Have a look at the models above, and if you have any other queries or anything else catches your eye, drop us a message/PM

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ninjakettle

Thanks very much Brian - i went with the ex display panny in the end!  Thanks to RS for sorting me out.  
    J

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

No Probs, glad to help. 

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hi,

I'mlooking for a bargain 32" TV.If possible Smart TV. 

What would you recommend?

Any open box, or ex-display units you may have for clearance?
    Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

yabadabado wrote: »
    Hi,

I'mlooking for a bargain 32" TV.If possible Smart TV. 

What would you recommend?

Any open box, or ex-display units you may have for clearance?
    Cheers
    Hi Yabadabado.

At the moment the only 32" smart we have that is Ex-Display would be the 32CS510. Very little movement on its price though. I could offer at £310.00.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201256-panasonic-viera-tx32cs510b.aspx

Best value for money at the moment would be the 32J5500 priced at 379.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201281-samsung-ue32j5500.aspx

Let me know what you think.

This discussion has been closed.