Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving House - eFibre

Options
  • 26-09-2014 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭

I was moving house last week and have been trying since Monday to get my eFibre moved. If you look on the eircom website you would think it’s a simple job, one phone call and that should be it. Yea right!!

I rang last Monday morning, spoke to 3 different people and eventually someone in the moving house team took all the details, told me their internal system was down but he has my details now and will input them first thing Tuesday morning and give me a call back to confirm it’s all sorted. Obviously I didn’t receive a callback.

With moving and unpacking I finally got around to chasing this up yesterday. Didn’t want to hold for another 25 minutes so decided a PM to eircom reps here might get it sorted – no response to my PM after 26 hours.

Next I went onto the live chat on their website, got told nothing she could do and to ring 1901.

Rang 1901 this morning, again speaking to 3 different people and someone in the moving home team took my details, read the notes on my account and saw who was supposed to ring me last Tuesday, said she would send him a mail asking him to ring me straight away, that was at 11.00am this morning, still no callback.

I’m not sure what more I can do at this stage, I am paying a monthly fee for a service I am not receiving because eircom cannot get their act together and switch the service to my new address.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Weetabix wrote: »
    I was moving house last week and have been trying since Monday to get my eFibre moved. If you look on the eircom website you would think it’s a simple job, one phone call and that should be it. Yea right!!

I rang last Monday morning, spoke to 3 different people and eventually someone in the moving house team took all the details, told me their internal system was down but he has my details now and will input them first thing Tuesday morning and give me a call back to confirm it’s all sorted. Obviously I didn’t receive a callback.

With moving and unpacking I finally got around to chasing this up yesterday. Didn’t want to hold for another 25 minutes so decided a PM to eircom reps here might get it sorted – no response to my PM after 26 hours.

Next I went onto the live chat on their website, got told nothing she could do and to ring 1901.

Rang 1901 this morning, again speaking to 3 different people and someone in the moving home team took my details, read the notes on my account and saw who was supposed to ring me last Tuesday, said she would send him a mail asking him to ring me straight away, that was at 11.00am this morning, still no callback.

I’m not sure what more I can do at this stage, I am paying a monthly fee for a service I am not receiving because eircom cannot get their act together and switch the service to my new address.
    Hi Weetabix

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I'm sorry to hear of the issues in arranging the account move however the best advice I can offer you is to contact eircoms moving house team on free phone 1901. Only the moving house team will be able to assist you with this request.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Hi Weetabix

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I'm sorry to hear of the issues in arranging the account move however the best advice I can offer you is to contact eircoms moving house team on free phone 1901. Only the moving house team will be able to assist you with this request.

Thanks
    Al

Thats great advice, i've already been talking to 6 people this week on that team and still nothing has happened, will try once more and will then be cancelling my Direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

So rang 1901 again this morning, 65 minutes mostly on hold and 4 people later I finally got talking to someone who could help. However she told me as part of the 'terms and conditions' I would be signing up to when moving house I would automatically be agreeing to another 12 month contract. No way am I signing up for another 12 months, so asked about cancelling contract straight away, €150 fee to do that, this is despite eircom not providing me with any service since I moved house and me wasting at least 4 hours on the phone. Safe to say I will never be signing up to eircom in future, it's saying something when UPC customer service are 100 times better then eircom, one 10 minute phonecall got my TV service moved to new address within 2 days.

Advertisement