Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Night Show 27/9/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Jaysus this is really awful :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Shes crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Zip up your gob Twink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Rte just want to exploit her...and cut her off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Right, I'm out. Can takes no more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

She's Barking mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

It's not fair ....I'm missing the best bits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Brendan looks scared.

Well that was all very embarrassing. For him. For her. For us. For RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Haha RTE gold that was classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

David Agnew had a lucky escape.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Needs to be sectioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

What a sexy bitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Should have given her 20 minutes, bringing her on for 5 was a waste of time. For all the guests on tonight Twink's story was actually the most current.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

Should have given her 20 minutes, bringing her on for 5 was a waste of time. For all the guests on tonight Twink's story was actually the most current.

But she is such a "has been that never was".. (runs for cover)..;)

Some serious learning from that one tonight I'd say RTE.
    Now take corrective action! That cannot happen again. Cutting two guests off :confused: "we've ran out of time" "we'll have ye back on, we'll have you back on".
    Woeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'd say they cut her off before she said something libellous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I do agree with her about animal welfare being a big problem with this country.

Although the way the interview was handled with Twink was somewhat of a farce to say the least. I didn't like her tone at the end of the interview either, very patronising to watch on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I feel sorry for her, she really has lost it. The next time we see her she might be wearing a tin foil hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Did she just say "Good people and Linda Martin whoever is watching this...." ?
    Since she looks kinda like a wrestler...
    I call for a Royal Rumble involving Twink, Louis Walsh, Linda Martin & Billy McGuinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Rte just want to exploit her...and cut her off

Reminds me of that "Donna and Joe" performance on The Podge and Rodge show...

• Advertisement
    M

Love/Hate, can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

That was dreadful stuff. I'd say Brendan was glad to use the excuse of having run out of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

duridian wrote: »
    Did she just say "Good people and Linda Martin whoever is watching this...." ?
    Since she looks kinda like a wrestler...
    I call for a Royal Rumble involving Twink, Louis Walsh, Linda Martin & Billy McGuinness.

I always had a feeling that herself and Linda were very good friends and only played enemies for the publicity.

M

amdublin wrote: »
    Now take corrective action! That cannot happen again. Cutting two guests off :confused: "we've ran out of time" "we'll have ye back on, we'll have you back on".
    Woeful.

Exactly, they had TV gold there for a good 15 minutes if they wanted it and threw it away, they are now showing a repeat of Imelda Mays show from last week, there's nothing in the rest of tonights schedule on RTÉ 1 that time would make any difference on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The problem with Twink is that she really believes she's a mega superstar and that we should all be bowing to her and that the audience should be lapping her up, but the sad thing is...she isn't a mega superstar.

She's a retired ol' Panto dame who happened to be a bit more well-known than the average Joe Bloggs.
    If she didn't take herself so seriously and name-drop and act like a diva, she might come across alright.

But she has a habit of bigging herself up. E.G "I sell thousands of newspapers" and telling the audience they're quiet...well that's cos they're laughing at you, Twink, not with you.

Glad you got your feckin' dog back, but c'mon, it's hardly newsworthy now, is it?

It's her own fault they ran out of time...she wouldn't get to the feckin' story about Teddy. Too busy talking herself up as usual.
    Egotistical ol' bint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Woeful.
    It's all Marty Morrissey's fault, he thought he was presenting Mr. & Mrs. and spent way too much time chatting up Mrs. Shefflin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

fussyonion wrote: »
    The problem with Twink is that she really believes she's a mega superstar and that we should all be bowing to her and that the audience should be lapping her up, but the sad thing is...she isn't a mega superstar.

She's a retired ol' Panto dame who happened to be a bit more well-known than the average Joe Bloggs.
    If she didn't take herself so seriously and name-drop and act like a diva, she might come across alright.

But she has a habit of bigging herself up. E.G "I sell thousands of newspapers" and telling the audience they're quiet...well that's cos they're laughing at you, Twink, not with you.

Glad you got your feckin' dog back, but c'mon, it's hardly newsworthy now, is it?

It's her own fault they ran out of time...she wouldn't get to the feckin' story about Teddy. Too busy talking herself up as usual.
    Egotistical ol' bint.

Can I thank this twice?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

her cousins the psychologist should probably give back his licence to practice after this loon on the loose, poor dog is right

Yeah what was all that business with Marty commentating from the CityWest Hotel?
    That was far too many boggers for my liking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

How does a sixty year old woman getvthose muscles?

@PetRabbitte: Tonight's episode of the #satnightshow was sponsored by the Customs team that seized the €80 mil of coke off the coast of Cork this week.

glad the dog is back but the poor wee fella in his dinner jacket didnt even get a look in!
    Yeah Twink was off her rocker but its not on cutting guests short like that. Could have been good TV - anything could have happened!! RTE's loss!

kneemos wrote: »

Possibly by waving her fingers aggressiely at any available camera

Good night folks. Tonight really escalated the entertainment at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

They should have extended the Saturday Night Show by at least half an hour, that was some great car-crash tv there. She's like the Crazy Cat Lady from the Simpsons only a bit more mental and incoherent :D

Yes. Serious question.

I'd like to know that for myself please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

They should have extended the Saturday Night Show by at least half an hour, that was some great car-crash tv there. She's like the Crazy Cat Lady from the Simpsons only a bit more mental and incoherent :D

What was she on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Yes. Serious question.

I'd like to know that for myself please.

[mod snip]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

What was she on about?

Good Question. Wish I could explain it better but the words were coming out somewhat randomly but it was something about her dog, the guards, the good people of Ireland, someone working in a hospital and fuppin baxtards.....or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

I got my 160 euro tv licence bill during week.
    On Fridays nights late late Tubridy proved for how many times he cant interview a politician without looking like a Jack Russell desperate for a walk.
    Kilkenny won the all Irelland for how many times-yes i'm jealous.
    But what,Twink loses her dog,it makes the headlines.Then on a premium Saturday night talk show her body and brain is taken over by a looney intergalactic
    Media hungry space traveller..

So my question is should I use the 160euros to pay my mortgage,gas bill,water bill,property tax,bin charges,house insurance,car insurance etc etc or
    continue to give it towards the inflated RTE superstar wages that produce this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

duridian wrote: »
    This is like a cross between George Hook
    and Jim Corr, with a dash of oestrogen

You have just cast the ultimate Friday Right Hook: George, Jim Corr and Twink.

But, cue AA Roadwatch, Traffic Police, Emergency Services, a specially-commisioned Rte Eye-in-the-Sky to broadcast the scene, and a statement from the Minister of Transport - whoever that is, now that Leo's left - aimed at calming the pulse of a disturbed nation,.........cos it would be car-crash radio.

Repeat of Connected on now if anyone interested.

delaad wrote: »
    You have just cast the ultimate Friday Right Hook: George, Jim Corr and Twink.

But, cue AA Roadwatch, Traffic Police, Emergency Services, a specially-commisioned Rte Eye-in-the-Sky to broadcast the chaos, and a statement from the Minister of Transport - whoever that is, now that Leo's left - aimed at calming the pulse of a disturbed nation.
    Pascal Donohoe - I've no idea either

Repeat of Connected on now if anyone interested.

Mind yourself there...tumbleweed's feckin big when it rolls by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

What age is she??????

She looks about 60. But surely she's not that yet??? (Her kids are still only in their early 20's aren't they?)

Wikipedia puts her at about 63. I personally believe she's a tad older.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ruby37

She looks about 83.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

If you were affected by the last interview on tonight's show - please, don't have nightmares.

wpid-img_21845129258622.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

I'm beginning to think that dog ran away.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement