Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

No coverage at home

• 26-09-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

This is a strange one.. A week ago i have just suddenly lost my coverage at home on my iPhone it works fine outside the home and i tryed a new sim card from a different network and still no coverage at home

Anyone experience this or know what it could be?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Have you tried another phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

MarkR wrote: »
    Have you tried another phone?

Na i cant do that. How could it be the phone if coverage works putsode the home it sucks

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Na i cant do that. How could it be the phone if coverage works putsode the home it sucks

I know it's awkward, but it's the first thing support would ask. There could be some sort of interference / lack of coverage in your house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

How could it be the phone if coverage works putsode the home it sucks
    Look at it this way: if the problem is not the phone or the sim, it has to be your home. if it worked last week in your home then the problem can't be your home either, so therefore there is no problem at all & it's all in your head!

It's best to rule out all possible problems no matter how likely or unlikely they may be. it's the only way to get to the root of the problem.

What model iPhone is it, who's your provider, what other troubleshooting have you done, do you get a signal indoors at a window, is 4G enabled or disabled? etc etc

Give people something to go on & they might be able to help, rather than have them make suggestions only for you to say that you've already done that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Did you update your iPhone to iOS 8? It's out just over a week and people have been having issues with wifi and coverage.

There's a new version of iOS 8 out now to patch those issues, if you think that might be the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Could be your network doing work on a nearby mast, or maybe there's a fault. Or have you put a new case on?

Dades wrote: »
    Did you update your iPhone to iOS 8? It's out just over a week and people have been having issues with wifi and coverage.

There's a new version of iOS 8 out now to patch those issues, if you think that might be the case.

Yes ever since ios8 thanks for advice cant be in my head op because it literally says no coverage.. Rang meteor changed sim so yeah i wreckinhg it has got something to do with ios8 when i rang meteor and asked them if they had any other calls about it they said no so i didnt know what else to do other than put my phone up for sale but ill try this new update thanks

After the update still no coverage :(

Advertisement