Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

05 Toyota corolla hatchback 3 dr - how much?

• 26-09-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Thinking of trading in my corolla but how much roughly can I expect to get for it? There's 185,000km on the clock.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Try looking on Done Deal, Type in Corrolla 05 and add the same spec as your car ie manual or automatic/ petrol or diesel. This will give you a good idea what kind of price other people are looking for there corollas. Make your own mind up then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

depending on spec/ condition, NCT etc, between 2 and 3k i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AG123

Thanks. Was looking at a car today and when I asked how much for mine, he said €2000 - €2500...... Bit insulted!! I paid €5200 for it last year. Thats in or around what they were getting on done deal last year.

depending on spec/ condition, NCT etc, between 2 and 3k i'd say.

Really? Ok, maybe I was hoping for too much!

Mandygav wrote: »
    Thanks. Was looking at a car today and when I asked how much for mine, he said €2000 - €2500...... Bit insulted!! I paid €5200 for it last year. Thats in or around what they were getting on done deal last year.

well you are trading it in, so the dealer has to make a bit get his cut. cleaning/ servicing it/ warranty/ profit etc etc.

what colour is it? is it a terra, sol, t2, t3 etc? has it got much NCT or tax?

if it was a t3 or a sol with new NCT you could probably get in or around €4k in a private sale.

low spec, high miles, short test and the 2k offer is fair in trade in terms. you could still get more privately.

• Advertisement

It's black, 1.4 terra. NCT til April. Only serviced and new tyres on it. I thought I would get around €4000 for it! Thanks for your help.

you probably paid a little too much for it, terra is a bit dreery in them, but 3rd in black is a nice combo. i'd clean it up nice and advertise it privately for around €3750, see what happens. realistically play your cards right, bide your time and you'l get interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

€4000 to €3500 sounds like a fair price to ask on a private sale but as the last post said you will be lucky to get more than €2500 where a trade in is involved as the dealer will be able to offer a warranty etc.

you probably paid a little too much for it, terra is a bit dreery in them, but 3rd in black is a nice combo. i'd clean it up nice and advertise it privately for around €3750, see what happens. realistically play your cards right, bide your time and you'l get interest.
    €4000 to €3500 sounds like a fair price to ask on a private sale but as the last post said you will be lucky to get more than €2500 where a trade in is involved as the dealer will be able to offer a warranty etc.

Ok, thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why not just hold on to it another year and save on the depreciation hit your taking in changing it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sell it privately as you will get more for it, spec is low but 3 doors are rare but sought after.

Advertisement