Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Féileacán Mór

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

What size would I be in these shoes?
    Would they suit my gait?
    Can you get them in?

http://goo.gl/Xdwmnk

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

don't forget to ask for a discount...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

tunney wrote: »
    What size would I be in these shoes?
    Would they suit my gait?
    Can you get them in?

http://goo.gl/Xdwmnk

Them's right premium shoes boss!!

Date night last night. Does cycling 5k each way count as 'training'?

Anyway nice meal & pint in Paddy Burkes. Got to try out my new lamps on the way back through the woods so yeah 'training' ;)

Retested V02 this morning and moving in the right direction up 2 on last week to 60 and HRV is back in balance with a solid 10. Into the pool for a swim before work.

All is good. :cool:

AKW wrote: »
    Date night last night. Does cycling 5k each way count as 'training'?

Anyway nice meal & pint in Paddy Burkes. Got to try out my new lamps on the way back through the woods so yeah 'training' ;)

Retested V02 this morning and moving in the right direction up 2 on last week to 60 and HRV is back in balance with a solid 10. Into the pool for a swim before work.

All is good. :cool:

Edel is so lucky.

• Advertisement

tunney wrote: »
    Edel is so lucky.

Haha we cycle through the woods to the pub :)

Haha we cycle through the woods to the pub :)

Like I said. Riding in the woods.

So Friday was the morning swim, long day in work till 7:30 PM and a bike home.
    Saturday bike in and run session home. Warm up and 10x1 minute on/off and trot the finish kms to the house.

Felt sluggish but not doing much speedwork so bound to be tight and lacking fluidity. Strong headwind didn't help either. No need really for speed but it will bring strength which is most important.

Almost forgot a small weights and push ups session before breakfast!

All good, day of Sunday and plans for a 3 hour bike with Mrs AKW.

Cracking day for it. Got a window of almost 4 hours on the bike today. We headed down into the Burren over Corker, up Corkscrew Hill and back to Ballyvaughan via Carran direction on the way back.

Kept the nutrition light only a Tailwind and JackOatBar for me until we grabbed a coffee and scone in Ballyvaughan.

The entire return section was into astiff easterly headwind so we practised rolling through each km to give each other a break.

92k, 690m climbing and avg of 24 . 2kph.

Off to the pool with the kids for the afternoon :)

Not a bad week all told. Two more biggish weeks and then to think about being rested and fresh.

Up this morning with an easy run (9.55k / 145 AvgHR / 5:06) to the pool for a shower followed by a quick(ish) 880m swim, shower and into work.

Commute home this evening is pedal power and fingers crossed for a bit of time on the turbo as picked up The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies yesterday :D

• Advertisement

Always good when you need to drill an extra hole into your belt. Been a while.

:D

depends which side of the old hole it is on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

You need to check your calendar - tomorrow isn't Friday April 24th! :pac: :D

pgibbo wrote: »
    You need to check your calendar - tomorrow isn't Friday April 24th! :pac: :D

Accidental whoopsie to see who actually reads the email ;)

Do I win a prize?????? ;)

Meant to be a busy week training turned out to be busy in many other ways.

Tuesday was football time again in the evening. Great craic and I can see myself getting drawn into it more :D ended up as another day off training.

Wednesday was attrocious! Awake half the night (Tues-Wed) to the point Mrs AKW was leaving me in bed rather than dropping the kids to school. Car battery was dead so I was up, dressed and behind the wheel of the van in about 20 seconds to run them in and get back home to get the car started. No pool session before work for the first time in a while :(

Wednesday night - bed early as just tired out.

Thursday morning up early doors and out on the bike. Mrs AKW insisted on opening up so I got best part of 4 hours in the saddle, plenty of climbing and even some barefoot (or socked) trekking as I ran out of road up in the hills :)

Presentation tonight for the 5k series launch so no run, but maybe something later....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Oh 4 hours on the bike before work, great going :)

Neady83 wrote: »
    Oh 4 hours on the bike before work, great going :)

Was cracking!! :D

Didn't realise until I was back that there was a huge fire up where I was only yesterday evening. Funnily enough I noticed that the gorse was burnt back a few weeks ago in the same area but the ranting on Facebook about the windmills and arson and so on is hilarious.

AFAIK these are controlled bracken fires to reduce the risk of forest fires and are not the work of arsonists. But the high horse brigade is alive and well :rolleyes:

Might see you in Athenry tonight. Hoping to pop across

pgibbo wrote: »
    Might see you in Athenry tonight. Hoping to pop across

You doing the series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Was cracking!! :D

Didn't realise until I was back that there was a huge fire up where I was only yesterday evening. Funnily enough I noticed that the gorse was burnt back a few weeks ago in the same area but the ranting on Facebook about the windmills and arson and so on is hilarious.

AFAIK these are controlled bracken fires to reduce the risk of forest fires and are not the work of arsonists. But the high horse brigade is alive and well :rolleyes:

Oh I'm glad they're controlled, I was wondering what was happening with all the pics appearing on social media with no explanation and they're taken in such a way that the turbines look like they're being destroyed :rolleyes:

Neady83 wrote: »
    Oh I'm glad they're controlled, I was wondering what was happening with all the pics appearing on social media with no explanation and they're taken in such a way that the turbines look like they're being destroyed :rolleyes:

Usually are controlled. When you see the heather and bracken burned off and the forest right next to it untouched I'd be fairly sure that is the case. Better to have a managed fire than one out of control.

The comments about the wildlife are laughable though, has no-one seen the fire scene in Bambi? ;)

After a bit of hit and miss training over the weekend, I've been a bit under the weather with a lack of energy and feeling run down so just looking at diet again. Must start keeping a food diary as I think something is not agreeing with me (and it is not cake!! Paul ;) )

Went orienteering with my little boy on Sunday, just the two of us so it was good fun. The set up was different in that there were various map formats of racing available. We opted for the Star Memory race where you start at the start, check a map fragment, run to the control and back, check the next segment and so on. Key is remembering the Box number and control ID so you stamp the correct CP in the right box on the card.

Anyway we'd fun with the little legs being run off him and in the results it turns out he beat me by coming second. His comment was "happy he beat daddy" but disappointed to not win overall!! What do you say?! :)

I was then handed a new card and told to try the Norwegian map race. Start, run to the first control, punch in and read the map segment that was there for the next control, run to next, punch in and check map segement and so on... I had a good time but unfortunately either missed a control or mis-punched a control.

Again the lesson for me is slow down to make haste.

Running home last night felt like I was under huge pressure (like gravity had multiplied) and I baled taking an offered lift home after 3k.

Early to bed and feeling not much better for a decent night sleep I ran in this morning, mind over matter to be welcomed into work by a truck bearing my new toys!! (Tandem kayaks in army camo)

Looks like "training" tonight will be practising paddling on the kitchen floor :D

Been quiet enough on the log, but tipping away over the past couple of weeks. Been busy with work so something has to give way and can't afford to not train :)

So the new kayaks arrived and were played with, the first outing was with the 4 of us piled aboard (Mrs AKW at the bow, myself a stern and the juniors in the middle) it is technically a 2+1 but junior sat in my lap for the first paddle on the water at Renville.

I took the boat out solo yesterday on one of the local rivers. It was mighty craic altogether and right after I got home I looked at the maps to trace the river right back to Loughrea, so a big training run lined up.

http://triharderar.com/2015/05/having-a-splash-in-the-new-kayak/

This is 'taper' week for the Coast2Coast. The biggest thing is sorting and packing.

I've inventory done and mapped out transitions, anticipated timings for legs and food plan roughly done out.

Big shout out of thanks and appreciation to Mossy for stepping into the role as support vehicle driver. He will also be the Twitter master for the weekend providing updates for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

That's a tough task for mossy! Don't know if one person by themselves could compete with the social media presence of akw! ;)

joey100 wrote: »
    That's a tough task for mossy! Don't know if one person by themselves could compete with the social media presence of akw! ;)

wait till you see the offers on gear over the weekend

:)

mossym wrote: »
    wait till you see the offers on gear over the weekend

:)

Oh CRVP forgot about that bit!! :)

fa2561b6ad4567d05eb1044912f1e734cf1766cbdd0f196484850a9ea8b2f81c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

So, just how cold were your wet legs in that video??? :eek:

• Advertisement

Dory Dory wrote: »
    So, just how cold were your wet legs in that video??? :eek:

It wasn't my legs that were feeling the cold!!! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement