Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Féileacán Mór

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

AKW wrote: »
    I learned from the best ;):D

Tis but a scratch.

Ya get your own party piece :D

Glad to hear it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

When your wife posts this you know you have a convert :D

https://twitter.com/EdelConroy1/status/603472226655043585

#TriHarder

Unexpected threshold session yesterday evening to follow the morning planned session.

9.5k averaging 4:24/km while hanging at the back as I trailed observing footstrikes of Speedgolf Rob the current world champion speedgolfer and Mr G the local speedster.

However I sandbagged the finish, letting on that I was suffering and pipped them all to the 'line' :D :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Mr G the local speedster.

However I sandbagged the finish, letting on that I was suffering and pipped them all to the 'line' :D :cool:

title changed hands last night so. plaque up in the shop?

Waiting for the evidence from the speed camera in the village :D

• Advertisement

2 months to go.

Tick tock!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

So your wife running faster than you....
    Her plan to crush your marathon pb...

Just putting that out there. You going to raise your game too? :)

tunney wrote: »
    So your wife running faster than you....
    Her plan to crush your marathon pb...

Just putting that out there. You going to raise your game too? :)

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!!!!! :D:D Hilarious.

She got some shock when I asked her about her plans for 10k today.

"Is today not a rest day?"

"Nope. 10k easy today, 6k tomorrow and 18k on Sunday"

"Oh!"

:)

Tuesday - Saturday:
    Run sessions as per the Experienced Plan though on Wednesday I did a double day as there was a run with SauconyUK in the evening which turned out to be a fairly lively tempo run for me.

Do no harm! :)

Sunday:
    We were originally planning to go camping in Lough Key Forest Park on Saturday evening as we have to be in Cavan on Monday. We ended up deferring until Sunday morning for departure so as Edel did her 18k I packed the camping gear and prepped the van for departure.

1st Procrastination was leaving my run until we got to Lough Key.

By the time we got the tent pitched the kids wanted to explore a little so 2nd procrastination was to wait until we'd had dinner and put the kids down before I went exploring the trails.

3rd procrastination happened shortly after having a BBQ and settling the kids (VERY excited) in their 'bedroom' when the local neighbours started playing rockabilly and rebel songs. The only dry pitch was in the middle of a triangle of 3 caravans 20m apart and they insisted on shouting back and forth.

That was the end of that and we all hunkered down to endure the off key singing and back and forth until well after curfew at 11pm.

"Sure I'll do 18 early in the morning before the kids awake."

Yeah right!! 6am the birds started and the kids were awake.

We decided to pack it up, quick breakfast and to loudly ringing rendition of "Let it Go! Let it GOOOO!!" we left at 8am for the trip to Cavan.

Arriving home in Galway after driving in horrendous conditions I message Dave asking if I should squeeze in the session or skip. He said skip but not again! :)

Phew!! :)

All told, a busy enough week, reasonable amount of training, one missed session and a ton of driving; gotta be happy with that result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Its a nightmare camping in Ireland with loudmouths! Our continental cousins are in bed quiet by 10pm, a much nicer camping experience. A rule of thumb I've found in Ireland- pay through the nose for the most expensive campsites, they usually have less drunken dickheads.

• Advertisement

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Its a nightmare camping in Ireland with loudmouths! Our continental cousins are in bed quiet by 10pm, a much nicer camping experience. A rule of thumb I've found in Ireland- pay through the nose for the most expensive campsites, they usually have less drunken dickheads.

Good to know.

Did notice that on hols last year in France. Stayed in a campsite and it was eerily quiet at night. Perfect!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

ah dont say that ! camping with small kids for 5 days in august, up north though, hopefully different up there :rolleyes:

woody1 wrote: »
    ah dont say that ! camping with small kids for 5 days in august, up north though, hopefully different up there :rolleyes:

Doubt you'll get too many rebel songs being sung at the top of the voices ;)

Looks like my triathlon days are not over yet :)

I knew I should have been quicker getting rid of the TT bike, no chance of changing it now. Mrs. AKW also planning on going long so interesting training year ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I knew I should have been quicker getting rid of the TT bike, no chance of changing it now. Mrs. AKW also planning on going long so interesting training year ahead.

Wow, now that is going to take some family life balancing. A winter of mountain biking and swimming then after you crack the 3:15 at DCM :D

The good thing about this cross dabbling of AR and Tri is that you will have learned that there are valuable training opportunities between 11pm and 6am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Now now Sean we all know you will chicken out and end up manning a pop up shop on the day down by the race start ;)

catweazle wrote: »
    Now now Sean we all know you will chicken out and end up manning a pop up shop on the day down by the race start ;)

I'm turning Oranmore into one giant triathlon mall, have my advisors and marketing team on board :D

What a sh1t week.

Started with IT issues with Chrome taking down the complete shop system and finishing with me burning midnight oil and having a happy face plastered on while my website has corrupted after an upgrade.

Nothing done since Wednesday, was actually looking forward to doing the 5 x 2 yesterday, will require an easy run this evening to destress. Long weekend of biking, swimming, climbing, trekking, biking, kayaking ahead as Secret TriHarder Training Camp planned. Think I'll take the frustrations out on the hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Sorry to hear that Sean, must be a nightmare for the shop.

It happened to a friend a few weeks ago, she downloaded a plugin from the Galway City Council website and it crashed everything :rolleyes:

Enjoy the destress run, they're the best kind :)

Thanks Neady, shop up and fine on Tuesday website down but I have the BEST hosting company in the world right around the corner LetsHost.ie

A quick message on Twitter asking for help and NO ticket, NO call centre, NOTHING except the head honcho calling around and digging right into the problem. Operation code is PEBKAC and he is currently restoring from their databases.

AWESOME!!! :D

Forget Challenge I will be Tweeting about them for ages to come :D

• Advertisement

Lots to say.

Good bit of ground covered, I'm sure when my grieving is done I will ping a summary on the website, for now though a moment's silence please for a fallen comrade...

Lost%2Bphone.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I hope it was insured.

Sounds like a cracking session was had based on Mikes report. :cool:

Nope, no insurance. Never lost a phone in my life, sure the damn thing is rarely out of my hand! :)

It was a cracking session. Not too much to add to what Mike & Kate had to say

https://flow.polar.com/training/analysis/112997962#

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

It was lost in the line of duty, doing what it loved, tracking a savage training session, I'm sure it was happy until the very end ....... either that or it got sick of going on those mad jaunts and jumped ship ;)

May it go to smart phone heaven in the sky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Nope, no insurance. Never lost a phone in my life, sure the damn thing is rarely out of my hand

Will you claiming the title of first amputee to take part in The Beast?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Neady83 wrote: »
    It was lost in the line of duty, doing what it loved, tracking a savage training session, I'm sure it was happy until the very end ....... either that or it got sick of going on those mad jaunts and jumped ship ;)

May it go to smart phone heaven in the sky :)

wait. is this about Sean or his phone?

http://triharderar.com/2015/06/as-they-used-to-say-before-triharderar-a-lot-done/

It's taken a week to get this sorted, report from the training night /day in the linky above.

Not a lot to add from what MCOS and CM have already said, just the files. Been a busy work week so not much done at all, travelling to Sligo tonight and Dublin tomorrow morning. Hopefully a chance to get a run in tomorrow at some stage and a loose plan in my head to head up to the leadmines on monday. Well, the gear is packed anyway.

The big update from last weekend will go on the team website.

Suffice to say this week was a wash. A bit of bother with my knee and general fatigue meant I did nothing until this morning. Awake early so up and out for a lovely slow, easy dawn trot around the neighbourhood followed by 3 hours of putting a trampoline together for the kids.

Hopefully they will wear themselves out and sleep the night through!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

If they're anything like my fella the trampoline only energises him more.

Hope the knee is nothing serious

• Advertisement

Cheers P. Lot of ankle twisting that lead to the right knee tightening up or at least the soft tissue around it. Not too bad today, once I got moving. Foam rolling and lots of massage loosening everything up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement