Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Féileacán Mór

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Brackets ordered for mounting camera:

K13-460_VIRB3.jpg

One for under the saddle like this and another for the handlebars.

Gives MCOS an excuse for getting out now too. "But I have to go!! Sean needs me to remote operate the camera!!"

Note: red ordered to match the jackets / Fenix 2 SE & gloves ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

My jacket is blue :(

My jacket is blue :(

Don't worry my headlamp is blue to match your jacket. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

AKW wrote: »
    Don't worry my headlamp is blue to match your jacket. :)

My bike is blue

To control the camera with the Fenix 2 SE I have to be within 3m. I just tried explaining to Caz..

Caz "why have the camera facing backwards?"
    Me "cool clip of the bikes behind and the fun offs!"
    Caz "offs?"
    Me *points to bruise on thigh* "yeah tree and rock hugging at speed"
    Caz *looks at Zoe feeding* "your Daddy and his friends are awful eejits aren't they choochie coo"
    Zoe *burp* *fart*....
    Caz "how will Sean control it if it is behind him?"
    Me "the idea is I control it with my watch!" *demonstrates enthusiastically as if on the bike..*
    Caz "So Sean is in front of you?"
    Me "Yeah, but I need to be within 3m so I'll be stuck to him.."
    Caz "What if he falls? Can Sean not control it with his own watch ?!"
    Me "don't worry Sean is the Jedi of MTBing, I couldn't be in safer hands :)"
    Caz "Didn't you come back with a busted ankle after ye'r last race ?"
    Me "Is that the doorbell? I think my mum said she was calling...*runs away..*

My bike is blue

To control the camera with the Fenix 2 SE I have to be within 3m. I just tried explaining to Caz..

Caz "why have the camera facing backwards?"
    Me "cool clip of the bikes behind and the fun offs!"
    Caz "offs?"
    Me *points to bruise on thigh* "yeah tree and rock hugging at speed"
    Caz *looks at Zoe feeding* "your Daddy and his friends are awful eejits aren't they choochie coo"
    Zoe *burp* *fart*....
    Caz "how will Sean control it if it is behind him?"
    Me "the idea is I control it with my watch!" *demonstrates enthusiastically as if on the bike..*
    Caz "So Sean is in front of you?"
    Me "Yeah, but I need to be within 3m so I'll be stuck to him.."
    Caz "What if he falls? Can Sean not control it with his own watch ?!"
    Me "don't worry Sean is the Jedi of MTBing, I couldn't be in safer hands :)"
    Caz "Didn't you come back with a busted ankle after ye'r last race ?"
    Me "Is that the doorbell? I think my mum said she was calling...*runs away..*

HAHA!!

Sounds about right :)

I've also screen grabbed this to post at Zoe's 21st :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I've also screen grabbed this to post at Zoe's 21st :D

I'm sure by then she'll be completely sick of the story of how her dad was fiddling with his watch on his mountain bike while trying to stay within 3m of the guy in front, and that is how they ended up joined together for life in that unusual position :pac:

No idea if I did anything last week bar eat popcorn and Aero :(

Another hectic week and such broken sleep its not funny. Delighted in one way not to be either doing or at the DCM expo, but missed the craic all the same.

Wife & kids away to Skigo on Friday so had plans to MTB and run until joining them on Sunday evening. Ended up closing for the Sunday & Monday so travelled up Sat evening. Arrived wrecked. Wriggling, kicking, tooth grinding daughter kept me awake after landing in the bed at 2am so Sunday was a right off, weather was attrocious.

Ended up getting out for a while on Monday with the kids along the riverbank at Dooley Park on the bikes. Discovered a nice idea for a long weekend / challenge some time:
    20141027_105325.jpg

Back to Galway Monday night for work and finally got around to doing my VICE penance last night. Made the classic mistake of lighting a fire underneath myself by doing a S&C session Tuesday morning and then squat jumps last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Skigo? Sister town to Sligo, but with a higher elevation....I'm guessing?? ;)

Haha is the low blood sugar!! :)

Good man!

• Advertisement

Going backwards :(

Seems the only way I can motivate myself to organise time to train is when I'm motivating others. Bringing back the Tuesday trail runs, introducing a new Zero25k group on Wednesday morning and a 10k group on Saturday seems to be the only way to ensure I get out and train otherwise I find something else that 'needs' doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

So the sub 40 10k didn't work. The handing over of 100 notes for testing didn't work. Sounds like some HTFU & SIU princess is required.

You won't really benefit from going out with the couch groups will you?

pgibbo wrote: »
    So the sub 40 10k didn't work. The handing over of 100 notes for testing didn't work. Sounds like some HTFU & SIU princess is required.

You won't really benefit from going out with the couch groups will you?

Ah not giving up, likely to end up working at Clarinbridge than running at it to be honest. Balancing 7 days a week at work and still having time for the family is key (obviously).

At least when I have a group to bring around I tend to stick to the timelines rather than allowing work get in the way and I'll usually stick something on before or after for myself.

Not ideal, but some silver lining.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Ah not giving up, likely to end up working at Clarinbridge than running at it to be honest. Balancing 7 days a week at work and still having time for the family is key (obviously).

At least when I have a group to bring around I tend to stick to the timelines rather than allowing work get in the way and I'll usually stick something on before or after for myself.

Not ideal, but some silver lining.

Thanks to be Christ I can put the fedora back in the closet - after that interval session I thought my goose was cooked with that sub 40!

Can you swing a long run on saturday mornings - I quite enjoy running around Oranmore and its near enough to get away with the extra travel time that the missus hates.

catweazle wrote: »
    Thanks to be Christ I can put the fedora back in the closet - after that interval session I thought my goose was cooked with that sub 40!

Can you swing a long run on saturday mornings - I quite enjoy running around Oranmore and its near enough to get away with the extra travel time that the missus hates.

Oh I'd be up for that alright. What time suits you? Once I can get to Maldron for a shower by 9:30 to be back for 10 that'd be cool.

Oh I'd be up for that alright. What time suits you? Once I can get to Maldron for a shower by 9:30 to be back for 10 that'd be cool.

Won't be a weekly occurrence unless you can go a little later, she likes to get her run over first thing at the weekends but I am sure I can get her to switch every now and then or meet you for some of it. Won't be able to do it this weekend regardless, it's the father in laws anniversary so I am going to try and go for the bike ride on Saturday as I would expect Sunday my time will be limited

Hi AKW. :) Apologies if you've already addressed this in your log, but I'm wondering if you've any races/events lined up for the next year? Any targets? Or a particular focus? Or are ya just havin' some good clean fun? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Hi AKW. :) Apologies if you've already addressed this in your log, but I'm wondering if you've any races/events lined up for the next year? Any targets? Or a particular focus? Or are ya just havin' some good clean fun? :)

Some messing about, races leading up the Beast and the Beast.
    72 hours next year :D A dress rehearsal for ITERA 2016

Dory Dory wrote: »

I've a few races alright Dory, the sub40 goal will be parked as flat out with things & developments in work. There's a half marathon coming up which I'll run around, not much of a racer really and found some gra for running this year as a pacer. I'll do pacing gigs through the early part of next year and mostly MTB and orienteering events this winter for fun and practise.

As MCOS says Team Triharder is my long term goal. I'm already dreaming about the Beast and reviewing the notes we made as a team :)

Outside of main goals (Beast is THE goal for me) doing events like the Endure 24 again next year and being part of a Galway Challenge will keep me happy.

It's a time constraint thing mostly. You'll be chuffed to hear my kids are brilliant swimmers at (almost) 5 & 6. The little lad is fiercely competitive and swam 4 lengths of the pool (20m) at the weekend because his sister did 3!! :) She has a beautiful backstroke too so I will be getting my ass handed to me in the pool in no time too.

I should be out training not doing things like Team #TriHarder AR but then there is a long game at hand here.

The good news was in chatting at home about Team Irish AR who are in Equador at the moment, it was casually asked if I would love to do that kind of thing. I just as casually responded that "Equador is a long way away and sure, there's plenty on our doorsteps."

Seed sown ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

I've a few races alright Dory, the sub40 goal will be parked as flat out with things & developments in work. There's a half marathon coming up which I'll run around, not much of a racer really and found some gra for running this year as a pacer. I'll do pacing gigs through the early part of next year and mostly MTB and orienteering events this winter for fun and practise.

As MCOS says Team Triharder is my long term goal. I'm already dreaming about the Beast and reviewing the notes we made as a team :)

Outside of main goals (Beast is THE goal for me) doing events like the Endure 24 again next year and being part of a Galway Challenge will keep me happy.

It's a time constraint thing mostly. You'll be chuffed to hear my kids are brilliant swimmers at (almost) 5 & 6. The little lad is fiercely competitive and swam 4 lengths of the pool (20m) at the weekend because his sister did 3!! :) She has a beautiful backstroke too so I will be getting my ass handed to me in the pool in no time too.

No clarinbridge 10k then? Right on your door step and all

No clarinbridge 10k then? Right on your door step and all

Literally on the doorstep!

If I'm not working I'll be there and if I'm not working at it I'll be running. One of our sponsored events.

I'll also do Sixmilebridge the Eddie Murphy Memorial half marathon and Fields of Athenry. But these are participation rather than races.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Literally on the doorstep!

If I'm not working I'll be there and if I'm not working at it I'll be running. One of our sponsored events.

I'll also do Sixmilebridge the Eddie Murphy Memorial half marathon and Fields of Athenry. But these are participation rather than races.

Gonna have to get Gibbo to pace me round Clarinbridge so.

BTH wrote: »

Just come in before and buy everything so I don't have to work at it and I'll pace you to a sub 38min 10k if you want. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Just come in before and buy everything so I don't have to work at it and I'll pace you to a sub 38min 10k if you want. :)

The only place I'll be spending money is next door to you.

You're having a laugh right? I've only run 7 times since CPH. You on the other hand.......

The only place I'll be spending money is next door to you.

No no no no you have it all wrong!!

Let Mrs BTH shop in there and you 'pass the time' here :D

No no no no you have it all wrong!!

Let Mrs BTH shop in there and you 'pass the time' here :D

Knowing the prices that other shop charge he'll be in looking for sponsorship :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goalscoringhero

Chiming in a wee bit late, but I'd also be interested joining in on Saturday mornings - my route usually is Frenchfort - Oranmore - Maree - Clarinbridge - Moneymore - Frenchfort. Quite elastic and easy to adjust, a few short cuts possible. Happy to try something new.

On the Tuesday evening trail runs: are you heading out this week? And what time are you leaving the Colga pitches? The 1 week full board padding needs to be addressed.

• Advertisement

Chiming in a wee bit late, but I'd also be interested joining in on Saturday mornings - my route usually is Frenchfort - Oranmore - Maree - Clarinbridge - Moneymore - Frenchfort. Quite elastic and easy to adjust, a few short cuts possible. Happy to try something new.

Not late at all seeing as we havent gone out yet - once again I am doubtful for saturday though, as she has informed me she is going up to Dublin with the girls on friday.

What part of you cant have a social life until after June 28th does she not understand :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement