Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useless postman

Options
  • 26-09-2014 5:52pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭

I moved house last year and its become quite apparent that our postman sucks. I live in an apartment block where access is needed to enter the lobby where the post boxes are, but that doesnt seem to be an issue (every day at least one apartment gets some post).
    Over the past year, I have gotten several letters for other apartments in my block, letters for apartment numbers not in my block, and letters for entirely different apartment blocks.

Its at the point now where I simply dont trust anything being posted to me. Ive ordered contact lenses 2 weeks ago, and no sign of them. They have previously been delivered to me, but not this time. Im walking around half blind here. :pac:

Im certain if im getting other peoples post, other people are getting mine. What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Complain to An Post about getting other people's mail http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Customer+Service/Customer+Charter/Feedback+and+complaints/
    Complain to the sender about not receiving the lenses, they will have to complain to An Post about mis-delivery or loss of their shipments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No being smart but have you contacted the postmaster and complained to him? It works wonders, I believe.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

No being smart but have you contacted the postmaster and complained to him? It works wonders, I believe.

yeah. Made a complaint to them 2 months ago, when a letter of ours arrived opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

yeah. Made a complaint to them 2 months ago, when a letter of ours arrived opened.

Was the complaint about opened post or incorrectly delivered post? Either way follow it up with further contact, as nothing else will solve the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I moved house last year and its become quite apparent that our postman sucks. I live in an apartment block where access is needed to enter the lobby where the post boxes are, but that doesnt seem to be an issue (every day at least one apartment gets some post).
    Over the past year, I have gotten several letters for other apartments in my block, letters for apartment numbers not in my block, and letters for entirely different apartment blocks.

Its at the point now where I simply dont trust anything being posted to me. Ive ordered contact lenses 2 weeks ago, and no sign of them. They have previously been delivered to me, but not this time. Im walking around half blind here. :pac:

Im certain if im getting other peoples post, other people are getting mine. What can I do?

This isnt in an area in D4 by any chance is it? The same used to happen in our apt block. I mean, almost every day you would see letters on top of the mail box that were for a different block

• Advertisement
Advertisement