Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota auris or Hyundai i30

• 26-09-2014 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi I need a bit of advice , I want to change my 11D ford fiesta (30 000 miles ) to a 141 Toyota auris or Hyundai I 30 ? Which car would b better ? Also I went to a garage and I got 5000 for my car which I thought was a bit little ? I was hopping to get around 8000 . Any help is much appreciate it . Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

5000 seems a bit low alright.
    Tough choice, the Auris isn't the dog it once was. I'd probably still pick the Hyundai as long as its a 1.6 CRDI, If its a 1.4 CRDI there's little between them except warranty length and equipment in the Hyundai's favour and slightly more edgy styling and interior on the Toyota.

What spec/engine is on either car?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭spring21

1.33/ 1.4 petrol . Thanks for that . Any thoughts on A1 ? I tested one this afternoon and really drives nice but it's quite small , smaller than fiesta even .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wouldn't bother with an A1, its basically a Polo, and nobody will be impressed by it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€5k for a 2011 fiesta? Unless it is a complete shed they were taking the proverbial pi$$. You would get a lot more than that by selling it privately.

What about the Kia Ceed? It's the sister car of the i40 though the spec of the petrol models is lower:

media?xwm=y&id=84eb2d8a-6f50-478c-9ef9-3433dda1f101&width=400&height=300
    http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/KIA/Ceed/1.4-TX/74414092297327430/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cauchioli81

Sell yourself your one, i'd say.
    it worth the effort.

Everyone is saying I30 is good, so if I were you, would go for that.
    With Diesel and trying to get with the good specs.

Which is same as I will do when its time, i am currently holding an Yaris 2002 and dying for a new car, but mechanic said just dont, as mine is driving well and NCT is coming in 4 months...

So i will built up some cash before change it, rather than finance it all and pay for life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement