Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6 - AppleCare+ or gadget insurance

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

was going to get Applecare, buying it online, but it wont let me..

says it needs additional item to be purchased and then rejects it.

You have to ring them if you already have the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So you ring apple and they check the imei number if you already have the phone, is there much involved in the process? I take it they check imei numbers etc?

So you ring apple and they check the imei number if you already have the phone, is there much involved in the process? I take it they check imei numbers etc?

They check that and run a diagnostic on the phone. All in all it took me about 30 mins from start to finish to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Don't forget for anyone with an Ulster Bank Ufirst account you get free iPhone insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

naasrd wrote: »
    Don't forget for anyone with an Ulster Bank Ufirst account you get free iPhone insurance.

Free? Don't you have to pay an annual fee for one of those accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Kagawa

F34 wrote: »
    It covers two years from date of purchase. Unlike applecare which you could buy within the first 12 months applecare+ has to be purchased within 30 days.

Don't think you can extend it beyond the 2 years.

The person in the apple store in Belfast told me that the time has been extended to 60 days now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just got a delivery of the applecare plus booklet. I take it automatic enrollment is really automatic and I don't have to do anything else when the phone arrives. There's no instructions otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Free? Don't you have to pay an annual fee for one of those accounts.

Nope. Not me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I just spent a bit of time on the phone to Apple trying to get Applecare, after calling the number on the ie version of the Apple site (1800 92 38 98).

Turns out after doing my diagnostics with an American and then talking to a second guy to get payment details that I was buying Applecare in the US. Obviously both of us were a bit concerned that this probably wasn't the best way to go, so we didn't complete the process.

Did anyone here get Applecare over the phone - and if so - what number did you call, who did you speak to, and what country did you buy your Applecare for?

Also, do CompuB sell it?

I bought it over the phone and the number I rang was 1800 804 02 and I spoke to someone in Cork

Link to page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Dades wrote: »
    I just spent a bit of time on the phone to Apple trying to get Applecare, after calling the number on the ie version of the Apple site (1800 92 38 98).

Turns out after doing my diagnostics with an American and then talking to a second guy to get payment details that I was buying Applecare in the US. Obviously both of us were a bit concerned that this probably wasn't the best way to go, so we didn't complete the process.

Did anyone here get Applecare over the phone - and if so - what number did you call, who did you speak to, and what country did you buy your Applecare for?

Also, do CompuB sell it?

1800 804062 to Cork
    I rang in relation to an iP5 for battery replacement.
    She did the AppleCare on the new one as well.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Thanks guys. I think I tried that first number from the site but it was missing a digit (at least my office phone thought it was). Looks like kaiser has the right one.... will try it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

naasrd wrote: »
    Nope. Not me.

Great deal so.

Advertisement