Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Colt GL 99 Clutch

Options
  • 26-09-2014 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

Hello folks. Mitsubishi Colt GL 1999

My clutch is squeaking a bit when I press it in, a little bit stiff. It doesn't make this noise all the time though, just the odd time. Also, I have to let the clutch out nearly all the way for gear-change. I was wondering if it's starting to go - on it's way out ?. This car was fully serviced in february last.

I have been driving this same car for 4 years now with little to no problems. Was just wondering the tell-tale signs are of a clutch on it's way out. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

sriffness pushimg the pedal down might be the clutch cable, it might also just need to be adjusted if it is a cable clutch. It may also be a worn clutch so I'd say drop into your local mechanic for him to have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

sriffness pushimg the pedal down might be the clutch cable, it might also just need to be adjusted if it is a cable clutch. It may also be a worn clutch so I'd say drop into your local mechanic for him to have a look

Yes, it's a little stiff. Is it expensive to adjust the cable if that's all it is ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

if it's just an adjustment then it shouldn't be expensive. I'd say just drop into your local garage and have a chat with the mechanic.

Advertisement