Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Dressed up and nowhere to go.......

• 26-09-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭

So, here goes....

I have been looking with interest at the numerous threads throughout the musicians forum over the years and have very much appreciated the advice given by the likes of Zendali and Muji etc.

Now, years later, I find myself in need of similar advice as I am just about to take the great plunge into the Dublin-centric world of the Irish Music Industry.

Firstly, getting to the chase: I am a song-writer and here are examples of what I write: <snip>

Great. But what now? I write like mad, every night. Home from work, up to the studio upstairs, switch on the gear, play the tune that I have been humming into the phone on the way home, stick it on to Garageband, on to the next tune.

Im about to get my ass into the studio with 4 other musicians, and record 4 tunes. Then, at least I will have the product. Problem is, Im not sure what to do next. How can I try and sell the songs, how can I publish them in the hope that TV/Film might be interested in them.
    How can I get one of the tunes onto local or National radio?
    Are the tracks any good?
    Are the tracks economically viable?

I have a fair idea of the Industry and am well aware that good tunes=income, but I am throwing the question out there. If you had written 40 songs or so, what would you do?

If you folks have time, have a listen. Youre advice would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭cordragza

I assume you mean the London-Centric Irish Music Scene

Advertisement