Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 15 Boards Pro clubs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Might be on this evening for a bit. Will give a shout if I do get myself online. Been plsyingnsome general pickup games to get my stats up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Arciphel wrote: »
    No it won't work if you already have it. So for instance when I gave someone an item and then tried to gift it to them again, it says that they already have the item. So I would say you an't buy it yourself again either...

The bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

What time we about lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Soby wrote: »
    What time we about lads ?

Ive just joined and am on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I'll be on after the United match at about 10 if people are around, we had a great few games last night so hopefully we can keep it going tonight.

• Advertisement

Hardly anyone on now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

On now lads if anyone wants a game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Few of us on now after the united game if people wanna join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Dunphy will be on in a while

After three games last night I had to take myself out, couldnt string a pass or hit the target...Shocking stuff. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Any for some clubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭donnyb28

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Any for some clubs

I'll be on in about an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

K, im just gonna do some skill games or something,, send me a message when your ready, Rossi-IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Ill be on in few minutes id say. Cant watch my roma much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Few on now lads, let's get another 10 man team going!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Found some of the games last night not the best, we never got into our stride and didn't play cohesively as a team. Some bad habits were then coming out, not playing our positions and three or four people trying to play striker, leaving the midfield empty save for the one or two guys who are disciplined enough to play their position, and too much dribbling going on instead of plsying quick, simple passes to get around our opponents.

I think maybe we should quit to the lobby after each match so we have s chance to swap positions. I was playing as ST last night for a few games but would've preffered to play DM to give the lads a dig out, meanwhile people who wanted to play ST ended up abandoning their positions and the whole thing got very unbalanced.

You wouldn't get analysis this good from Brian Kerr!

Genuine question, and not having a pop at anyone (I can't, I'm cr@p! :pac:):

When the (not human controlled) goalies kick it out, does someone be controlling them or is someone calling for the ball? Just strikes me that any time a high/long kickout is taken (or even a high ball is played through) we never win it, or very rarely anyway. Notice a lot of other teams keeping it on the deck, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Games were poor last night all right, players all over the place. I think we should quit to the lobby as well. If someone is just going to play as an extra striker or midfielder when they should be a defender then I'll gladly swap from my place to go back and defend (poorly cos I'm crap at defending). I'd rather that than every time we lose the ball seeing one defender and 6 lads chasing back. My player is only 76 rating anyway so might have better players to put further forward. As long as we get that sorted before the game starts we should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

That's why I stopped playing after a couple of games on Monday could see the bad habits creeping in (players bombing forward leaving us short) and I noticed a couple of times when the better pass was on to play it forward a couple people play it back so they can get themselves into a better position to hopefully score rather than setting up someone else to score.

Gonna ruin the game for everyone if it keeps up.

Always agree with going to lobby after every game, every time I do it I end up missing a game because some people just dont. Can we write this in the handbook so?

Also, what view do you all use? I dont use Pro myslelf I prefer Tele but with a far out view, might be why Im missing sitters :D

I agree with blaming people for roaming positions but if players want to dribble/shoot/pass or run we cant maon about this, this is taking it a step too serioulsy and taking the fun out of it. Im all for having people stick to positions but telling them what they can and cant do? Lets not start that please.

And just to clarify I dont run with ball, if I do its very rare I prefer to either pass or see my shot go to row Z or fall over is plan C!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Just a quick question I was in the club but it seems im not anymore any idea how that happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

Wow, **** just got real in here! :)

I wasn't on the other night so didn't witness any of that, but here's my two cents anyway. 

I've no problem with guys going on a dribble (although I don't think an "anti dribble" stance was being stated in the previous posts) - so long as it's done at a reasonable time/place. I've not experienced any of the ass-hat behaviour in our club that you get in the drop-in games, where some guys will just dribble and shoot every-single-time they get the ball. This behaviour more often than not resulting in the wannabe Ronaldo eventually losing the ball after trying their tenth step over. If guys are good enough to beat a player and score, then do it! If you try and beat a player and lose the ball, that's no biggie for me either, but if you're constantly taking guys on and losing it or not passing to guys in better positions then that just becomes boring for everyone else.

In terms of positions, I think we need to communicate more. I have an 84 CDM now and I would happily play defensive mid in every single game - I'm happy to sit and (try to) mop up when the other team tries to catch us on the break. If other guys want to do that, that's fair enough too, we can swap around.  But if guys last night were really just essentially playing striker when they weren't assigned that position, then that's not good. I assume it was born of getting stuck in a position game after game that they didn't want? Maybe that has to be our "rule" - after every match, you have to quit to lobby.  

Realistically if 4 players are on then no need to quit game but if we have anyone as Centre half or full backs I think its only fair that we swap around. I wouldnt be bothered being a midfielder/striker/winger for 5/6 games. Id be pissed off being a full back for 5 games. Think thats the point people are making..

Wasnt on last night either but if someone is ****ing about it will be said on mic :D

agree with blaming people for roaming positions but if players want to dribble/shoot/pass or run we cant maon about this, this is taking it a step too serioulsy and taking the fun out of it. Im all for having people stick to positions but telling them what they can and cant do? Lets not start that please.

And just to clarify I dont run with ball, if I do its very rare I prefer to either pass or see my shot go to row Z or fall over is plan C!

I'm partial to the odd bit of a run with the ball. Nothing too silky, I'm not one for the stepovers or anything, but my guy is quick enough and has a decent shot so when I see a gap I give it a whirl. Sometimes I do end up looking like a spanner though :pac:, and I do try to apologise immediately (with a few curses thrown in). If someone was to call me out on that, I'd have no problem.

I agree with most lads here about staying in position though, found it frustrating once or twice to have lads in the way and taking balls off me when they should have been further forward or central. Lads continually calling for cross-field and high balls is a bit frustrating too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just wanted to weigh in here myself. Now I'm guilty of this too at times, but when we're playing with CPU players, some of the pass calling is absolutely ridiculous. You see wingers and strikers calling for the ball when it's being passed around our own third of the pitch, and it pretty much guarantees possession being lost and being left open to a counter-attack. I will fully admit to being at fault for this at times, but it's just a really bad habit that we need to cut out, and some are worse than others for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Any game I've played I think everyone more or less stuck to positions and was fair with the ball. Haven't experienced any issues that have been outlined today but agree that more communication could be better to increase the fluidity of play. Like Wolfy I have no problem sticking to a position and allowing the strikers to take the goals (it's not something that interests me) as long as the choices people make benefit the team rather than self conscious decisions.

What camera view do ye lot use?

Think we are going over the top a little, if we are stopping people caling passes or running the length of the pitch or shooting on sight the fun is going. WHats next giving out that a player fouls too much or gives away a last minute penalty? or missing a penalty (STE Im loking at you) :D

As much as its frustrating to see someone lose the ball after 10 stepovers its all part of the game. Im very **** at it, but if people start moaning because a person loses the ball or does something stupid its game over. (I agree if they take the piss though)
    Its a game afterall, only point I think is harsh is people not allowing others a chance at other positions.

Make love not war people :D

Now there is enough for two teams maybe we should create a second team? One for the fun and craic and one for more serious play?

Dunno, Just an idea..

There's rarely more than 4/5 on at a time in my experience, don't think there's a need for splitting, could cause rifts. Remember what happened the Judean People's Front. :(

• Advertisement

Is it posisble to play teams against each other? :D:D
    Would love a bit of rivalry

Advertisement