Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one constant hard disk noise

Options
  • 26-09-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just came home with Xbox one from Argos and this mofo I making constant hard disk noise.

Even after power off I could hear of clicking away

I m ****ing fuming.

According to the Argos policy it is excepmt from their 30 warranty.

Just looking to see if anyone had this problem and what they had to do to get it replaced?

****in MS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Well got on to MS there via chat and tried a few trouble shooting steps which didn't work unfortunately.

He gave me a reference number and said I should be able to return it tomorrow and get a replacement.

My only concern is Argos clearly state their 30 day money back guarantee doesn't apply to the Xbox One. I am hoping as its a fault and I just want a replacement and not a refund is OK.

Always seem to be bringing stuff back whenever I make a big purchase.

I ll update on what happens for anyone else who runs into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Well got on to MS there via chat and tried a few trouble shooting steps which didn't work unfortunately.

He gave me a reference number and said I should be able to return it tomorrow and get a replacement.

My only concern is Argos clearly state their 30 day money back guarantee doesn't apply to the Xbox One. I am hoping as its a fault and I just want a replacement and not a refund is OK.

Always seem to be bringing stuff back whenever I make a big purchase.

I ll update on what happens for anyone else who runs into this.

30-day only applies if your bringing back a working item for a refund.

They should simply swap it out for a new one there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Just got off the phone with the store and guy was spot on and said just bring straight in and they ll give me another.

Thought there would be hassle with what's wrong with it and send it away for repair or some crap.

Let's hope the next one is OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is it this same problem, rather than hdd noise? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057295529

Advertisement