Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw food diet

• 27-09-2014 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm moving back to Ireland from abroad. I have my three dogs on a home made raw food diet given to me by a dog trainer. I've 3 big active dogs. 2 Rotties and a Sibe. I'm struggling to find places in my home town in Kildare who can give me what I need.

Their diet is:

Raw Chicken carcass
    Raw Chicken wings
    Sardines
    Egg
    Apples
    Carrots
    Omega fish oil.

While I can get most on this list the chicken carcass continues to allude me. I'm sure many of you have your own raw food diets so I'm wondering does anyone know where to get Carcass or indeed a suitable replacement. I use to give them beef brisket but I found the bones didn't break up in their stomachs properly for me to continue using it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

www.dogsfirst.ie or www.slaneypetfoods will be able to sort you out. Are you in kildare town?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ACD

For chicken carcass you'd probably need to find a butcher that bones their own chicken, they usually give it away for free. As a replacement I think chicken necks would be great, you could get them from the suppliers mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lee_Torre

I'm glad to see more raw feeders, it's the absolute healthiest diet for dogs and the poop isn't even half as stinky. You reminded me to add some fish into my dogs diet. Ever feed your dogs green tripe? My dogs have always gone NUTS over the stuff!

Advertisement