Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth fisheries and the rye

Options
  • 27-09-2014 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Was wondering what's the fishing like on the river and the 2 lakes the small one and the coarse lake used to fish here often and caught my pb at the time in the river a nice 2 lb browny he is still swimming in there!!!! (I hope)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Never fished the river but I've been to the lakes a few times over the years, found out this year the trout fishery was gone so I gave the coarse a go. Seeing as I was there on one of the hottest days of the year I probably can't give too fair a critique, but in six hours I took in only one fish that would even warrant talking about and didn't see a whole lot in the way of activity in the water. Again though, I'd say the sublime heat played a large role in that. The carp lake seems to be doing good business though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Boyne fisher

Cool fished the small lake for 10 mins one day and caught a carp and was fishing big lake and said I'll fish the small lake before I go and got him

Advertisement