Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pranks

• 27-09-2014 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭

For some reason my YouTube homepage is molested with videos of people conducting pranks on unsuspecting members of the public.

For the most part the assaults are perpetrated by juvenile Americans. I particularly enjoy watching the fails whereby the victim of the prank defends himself/herself usually with aggression and or violence.

The outcome is the same to all these videos. The perpetrator of the prank, squeals "dude it's a prank it's a prank!" in a high pitch tone. No, no it's not now OK because it was a "prank" all along.

Prepare to have your ass kicked. D*ickhead. Do you agree AH? Personally when I see the victims laughing at themselves after the prank "getting the joke" I feel physically sick, they look like fools.

Pranks are only ok if you know the person. Random strangers on the street invading your personal space is not acceptable, never was.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Cut the mothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

kneemos wrote: »
    Cut the mothers.

Hair?
    Toe nails?
    Lawn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Rolling a car, with no engine, down a hill into a mechanics shop. BEST PRANK EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Some of the stuff out there at the moment is pushing it a bit. For instance TrollStation stealing peoples cars and staging armed robberies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

What rhymes with pranks? ****? Banks? Manks? Skanks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

What rhymes with pranks? ****? Banks? Manks? Skanks?

Thanks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Some of the stuff out there at the moment is pushing it a bit. For instance TrollStation stealing peoples cars and staging armed robberies.

Dickheads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I got this made up and put it on a friends car . He drove from Dublin to cork and back one day before he notice it.

He was a good sport and saw the funny side of it.

That's not his number anymore by the way.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ngzc7d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

TheZohan wrote: »
    Dickheads.

agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

comic sans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

TheZohan wrote: »
    Dickheads.

I have a hard time figuring out how that's meant to be funny, it's like a step or two away from that happy-slapping ****e. Now this is a prank:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

There's some French (I think) guys on youtube who do ridiculous and elaborate pranks, one was a guy being drugged and waking up in a bath of ice with a big bandage on his side and blood plattered everywhere to make him think someone had removed his kidney.

They also did this:

which is going waaayyy too far tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Those Troll Station videos are just stupid, malicious and the lads in them are just dickheads and not funny at all.

Some pranks I've done or been subjected to:

-I'm an extreme arachnophobe. I'm terrified of all manner of spiders and eight legged thingies, so this makes me a prime target for spider-related pranks.

In the last house I lived in, I was sharing it with 3 of my friends. One morning, I was getting up for work. Walked down the hall, into the bathroom for my shower. Coming back out of the bathroom, still pretty wet from the shower and with only a pair of boxers on and drying myself with my towel... I spot the biggest, meanest looking, most awful spider sitting on the doorknob of my room.

I'm frozen. I'm in my boxers, in the hallway, at 7:30am... and I can't get into my room because this spawn of Satan has chosen to perch on my doorknob. Thinking of nothing else to do, I flick my towel at it and try to kill it and/or knock it off. I look over, thinking the thing will be gone... IT'S STILL THERE ON THE DOORKNOB! I 100% hit the damn thing... but it's still there!!!

Now I'm panicking, thinking I've pissed off the strongest spider in the world. Curious, however, I creep closer. It's then I notice that there is a white residue around each of the spider's legs. This is a very real, very big spider. But the thing is stone dead. And it has been super-glued to my doorknob. I hear the faintest sounds of giggling coming from down the hallway. BASTARDS!!!

-I'm very good with accents and impersonating people. So, one April Fool's Day, I "caught" two people out using my vocal skills.

A friend of mine who was going on a summer working thing to Australia was reduced to near-tears by an uncompromising Australian Immigration and Naturalisation Service officer, calling from the Australian Embassy in London, to inform him that due to an "indiscretion" that had happened at Oxegen in 2006 (and had been reported to the Gardaí). His visa for the summer had been rescinded, but if he wished to appeal... Of course, I hung up at a suitable stage with "Happy April Fool's Day, you bloody wallaby!"

A local barman and friend of mine was driven to distraction by a very insistent Indian takeaway driver who kept trying to deliver a takeaway to him.

-Replacing someone's entire mattress with a big pile of Argos catalogues. They were out on the drink. Waiting for them to come home for hours, hiding around the corner from their bedroom and just waiting for the reaction. "WHAT THE FÚCK?!" when they threw themselves onto the bed, looking forward to a drunken sleep. :D

-Having the front and rear licence plates of my car removed and replaced with ones reading 01-G-AY. It was clever because my car at the time was from Galway, so I barely noticed. I did notice when I left my car in a car-park to go shopping... and when I returned people were pointing and laughing at the car. I could have fúcking murdered someone...

-Saw an ad in the local newspaper for someone selling a three piece suit... but the description gave away that the idiots were actually selling a three-piece suite of furniture. Never one to be put off, I pretended to be drunk while ringing them inquiring about said suit. Asking if it was 48-long, what colour it was... and if it was suitable for a funeral. :D In fairness, they brought that one on themselves.

-Going into a garden centre and looking helpless... when an employee comes up and asks if I need help, respond in a loud and insulted manner "No, Jesus! I don't want to buy marijuana plants!"

-A friend of mine has an extreme fear and aversion to clowns. This one was too easy but it was very funny (for myself and the rest of the lads anyway). His family were away for the weekend, so he was house-sitting. Basically, just one of us got into a clown outfit (complete with freaky make-up and the big shoes and everything) and just stood at his living room window, waiting for him to walk past. The poor lad nearly had a heart attack, especially when our mate had taken poetic licence, and was also wearing a pair of vampire teeth and red contact lenses. I don't think our friend ever truly forgave us. We heard his scream from like 100m away, where we were hiding.

Harmless enough, wouldn't you say?

Also, that Spider-Dog video is one of the best things I've ever seen. It's simply genius. The music makes it, especially on the last one with the web and the tunnel. Absolutely hilarious.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Those Troll Station videos are just stupid, malicious and the lads in them are just dickheads and not funny at all.

Some pranks I've done or been subjected to:

-I'm an extreme arachnophobe. I'm terrified of all manner of spiders and eight legged thingies, so this makes me a prime target for spider-related pranks.

In the last house I lived in, I was sharing it with 3 of my friends. One morning, I was getting up for work. Walked down the hall, into the bathroom for my shower. Coming back out of the bathroom, still pretty wet from the shower and with only a pair of boxers on and drying myself with my towel... I spot the biggest, meanest looking, most awful spider sitting on the doorknob of my room.

I'm frozen. I'm in my boxers, in the hallway, at 7:30am... and I can't get into my room because this spawn of Satan has chosen to perch on my doorknob. Thinking of nothing else to do, I flick my towel at it and try to kill it and/or knock it off. I look over, thinking the thing will be gone... IT'S STILL THERE ON THE DOORKNOB! I 100% hit the damn thing... but it's still there!!!

Now I'm panicking, thinking I've pissed off the strongest spider in the world. Curious, however, I creep closer. It's then I notice that there is a white residue around each of the spider's legs. This is a very real, very big spider. But the thing is stone dead. And it has been super-glued to my doorknob. I hear the faintest sounds of giggling coming from down the hallway. BASTARDS!!!

-I'm very good with accents and impersonating people. So, one April Fool's Day, I "caught" two people out using my vocal skills.

A friend of mine who was going on a summer working thing to Australia was reduced to near-tears by an uncompromising Australian Immigration and Naturalisation Service officer, calling from the Australian Embassy in London, to inform him that due to an "indiscretion" that had happened at Oxegen in 2006 (and had been reported to the Gardaí). His visa for the summer had been rescinded, but if he wished to appeal... Of course, I hung up at a suitable stage with "Happy April Fool's Day, you bloody wallaby!"

A local barman and friend of mine was driven to distraction by a very insistent Indian takeaway driver who kept trying to deliver a takeaway to him.

-Replacing someone's entire mattress with a big pile of Argos catalogues. They were out on the drink. Waiting for them to come home for hours, hiding around the corner from their bedroom and just waiting for the reaction. "WHAT THE FÚCK?!" when they threw themselves onto the bed, looking forward to a drunken sleep. :D

-Having the front and rear licence plates of my car removed and replaced with ones reading 01-G-AY. It was clever because my car at the time was from Galway, so I barely noticed. I did notice when I left my car in a car-park to go shopping... and when I returned people were pointing and laughing at the car. I could have fúcking murdered someone...

-Saw an ad in the local newspaper for someone selling a three piece suit... but the description gave away that the idiots were actually selling a three-piece suite of furniture. Never one to be put off, I pretended to be drunk while ringing them inquiring about said suit. Asking if it was 48-long, what colour it was... and if it was suitable for a funeral. :D In fairness, they brought that one on themselves.

-Going into a garden centre and looking helpless... when an employee comes up and asks if I need help, respond in a loud and insulted manner "No, Jesus! I don't want to buy marijuana plants!"

-A friend of mine has an extreme fear and aversion to clowns. This one was too easy but it was very funny (for myself and the rest of the lads anyway). His family were away for the weekend, so he was house-sitting. Basically, just one of us got into a clown outfit (complete with freaky make-up and the big shoes and everything) and just stood at his living room window, waiting for him to walk past. The poor lad nearly had a heart attack, especially when our mate had taken poetic licence, and was also wearing a pair of vampire teeth and red contact lenses. I don't think our friend ever truly forgave us. We heard his scream from like 100m away, where we were hiding.

Harmless enough, wouldn't you say?

Also, that Spider-Dog video is one of the best things I've ever seen. It's simply genius. The music makes it, especially on the last one with the web and the tunnel. Absolutely hilarious.

I'm sorry but this is clearly an anti prank thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

YouTube is saturated with gob****es doing these pranks but it pays off because they get easy views. A lot of them are probably set up too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

donald trump got pranked into retweeting a pic of fred and rosemary west

http://gawker.com/donald-trump-retweets-heartwarming-photo-of-serial-kill-1640273021

"my parents who passed away always said you were a big inspiration"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

I must try this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this is clearly an anti prank thread

I think we're fairly pro-prank, just not assholish crap passed off as a "prank"

Links234 wrote: »
    I think we're fairly pro-prank, just not assholish crap passed off as a "prank"

Yeah, I think once it's not overly malicious or hurtful, there's nothing wrong with a quick practical joke every now and then.

Once it crosses the line into just being an out-and-out dick... that's where even I have a problem with it.

Sometimes, practical jokes are actually hilarious because they are so witty.

But, as I said, I draw the line at getting overly hurtful or malicious. They're just cruel. You want a prank whereby even the person being pranked can have a good laugh at it afterwards.

• Advertisement

I disagree with the aforementioned previous 2 posters posted before me. It doesn't matter how small the prank is, it's every dick dick and harry thinking they can have a laugh at your expense. It's not on.

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I disagree with the aforementioned previous 2 posters posted before me. It doesn't matter how small the prank is, it's every dick dick and harry thinking they can have a laugh at your expense. It's not on.

Tom, Dick and Harry, surely? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

1. I have a friend who has a phobia of crisps, yes you read that correctly, crisps.One rather drunken night we decided to put some crisps in his pillow case. We didn't hear the crunch as he lay his head down, but we heard the scream. He kept his room locked after this.

2. Another drunken night I received a phone call from a friend pretending to be the electricity company. He informed me that there was a fault and they would be turning the electricity off in 30 minutes to fix it. He asked if i wouldn't mind going round to all the neighbours and if they were still awake (this was 1am on a Sunday morning) to let then know. Of course having had a beer or 10 I duly obliged and managed to inform 4 households that the electricity was about to be turned off. I still get a slagging for this one.

Advertisement