Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those pesky calls supposedly from Microsoft

Options
  • 27-09-2014 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭

These calls see to be on the increase again. I've had a couple and have taken to keeping a whistle by the phone to blow out the caller's eardrums. But a friend of mine, who is not knowledgeable, got a call in her holiday home in France yesterday and fell for it as her laptop has been running slow. She only has dial up internet (yes, it still exists!). Basically, she was told, when she went online, to click on the Windows icon (I think she has Windows 7) and type in a code. She did this and now wonders what will happen if she goes on line again - is her security compromised?

She didn't give bank details, so I suspect she just needs to clear the cache to make sure none of her bank details are hanging aound.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement