Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this appropriate behaviour from a TD?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Yes, bollocks to murders and organized crime, that long streak o piss Enda Kenny needs more Gardai around him!

Well, yeah. To prevent a murder or another sort of crime against an taoiseach :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

As usual the good people of AH are incapable of actually watching things properly and coming up their own opinions rather than jumping the all-politicians-are-scum bandwagon.

No-one was attacked here, and no frail little old man was involved as the thread title misleadingly claims.

The TD was shoved into from behind by some-one he didn't see and shoved, as you or I or anyone else would if we are all honest about.

The old man was completely at fault I would have done the same to anybody encroaching on me in a threatening way.

We have been watching different videos it seems.

What I saw was a hand clutching a leaflet being placed on his shoulder.

Maybe, you should go to specsavers.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The TD was shoved into from behind by some-one he didn't see and shoved, as you or I or anyone else would if we are all honest about.

Someone he didn't see?
    Tbh, I'd look to make sure I was not shoving back someone I could do serious damage to.......... like a child, someone on crutches, someone in a wheelchair, an old lady pushed by someone else etc. etc.
    But then I'm not a psychopath.

mikom wrote: »
    Someone he didn't see?
    Tbh, I'd look to make sure I was not shoving back someone I could do serious damage to.......... like a child, someone on crutches, someone in a wheelchair, an old lady pushed by someone else etc. etc.
    But then I'm not a psychopath.

Nor am I. But be honest, in the heat of the moment there's no knowing what you would do.

I can make a good guess though that most of us, yourself included, would if we felt threatened react as this TD did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Rasheed wrote: »

Feighan got a lot of hate from the hospital crowd too, this wasn't his first tango with John McDermott and won't be his last.

Certainly looked to me as if there is history there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Eh, usually I wouldn't agree with the type of thing in the OP but he could have handled that a lot better. Elbowing someone is an attempt to hurt them, if he wanted to just get rid of him he could have pushed him back or something.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

He did see him and he knew that he was there, and what he was going to do when Enda got there. Frank Feighan and John McDermott (the TD candidate pushed) know each other very well at this stage.

• Advertisement

Nor am I. But be honest, in the heat of the moment there's no knowing what you do.

I can make a good guess though that most of, yourself included, would if they felt threatened react accordingly.

Yes, the day I wait hand outstretched at a car door for Enda Kenny would be the day I would elbow someone without seeing them.
    That's because it would be the day I lost my mind.
    Feel free to section me after.

Elbow child Frank Feighan voted to downgrade Roscommon Hospital having got elected two months after promising this:

“Fine Gael is determined that its plan to retain and enhance services at hospitals like Roscommon will finally put a halt to this much-touted reconfiguration plan of hospitals in the West which essentially amounts to downgrading by stealth.”

Wearing a tie, so, forever classy.
    Let's be honest. Roscommon hospital does not need an A+E department. They have Sligo to cover Boyle etc. and then Athlone to cover south Roscommon.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Excessive all right, he looked like what a kid would when its annoyed though I was expecting a frail, old, almost-dead pensioner by the way people have been referring to the guy who was elbowed.

That article is cringe with it's emotive writing, too.
    ceegee wrote: »
    "Man in his 50s pushes another man of roughly similiar age" probably wouldnt have garnered as many clicks.

The standard of journalism on that site is awful. The fact they were unable to figure out who the man involved was (despite the placards etc in the background) just shows they were more interested in getting their agenda across than actually reporting news.

theliberal.ie (a misnomer if ever there was one) is possibly the single worst "news" source out there in Ireland. It's little more than a conservative mouthpiece for the pro-life, anti-gay marriage crowd. It's The Journal for reactionaries and dinosaurs, basically. Shouldn't be at all surprising that the standard of journalism is dreadful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Roscommon isn't fictional?

Yes, the day I wait hand outstretched at a car door for Enda Kenny would be the day I would elbow someone without seeing them.
    That's because it would be the day I lost my mind.
    Feel free to section me after.

Well we aren't all as morally superior and perfectly mannered as you I suppose.

If I felt physically threatened by some-one I'd defend myself however I could , and I make no apologies for that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Let's be honest. Roscommon hospital does not need an A+E department. They have Sligo to cover Boyle etc. and then Athlone to cover south Roscommon.

Is the nearest A and E not in Ballinasloe? And you do realise that there's people living out in the countryside north, south, east and west of those towns?!

It seeems to me that an A and E department should be the last thing to go in a hospital - surely theres less of a problem with people having to drive >45mins to visit their sick relatives, or to go to a surgery appointment, than there is for an ambulance having to drive >45mins with someone in urgent need of care in an emergency?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Ego gone mad!

Check out @FrankFeighan's Tweet: https://twitter.com/FrankFeighan/status/514366641988444161

Wonder how much Frank actually donated this project. Doubt it was €5m.

Ego gone mad!

Check out @FrankFeighan's Tweet: https://twitter.com/FrankFeighan/status/514366641988444161

I don't think its a td's job to personally directly invest in public services. If he got the funding for the project (I don't know if I was him) then he has every right to publicise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

I don't think its a td's job to personally directly invest in public services. If he got the funding for the project (I don't know if I was him) then he has every right to publicise it.

Yeah but naming the building after himself is ridiculous tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I was expecting to see some fella of about 80 the way "The Liberal" was describing him, he didn't look that old and looked steady on his feet.

That said the TD was an ignorant asshole and deserved a shoulder back for what he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

As usual the good people of AH are incapable of actually watching things properly and coming up their own opinions rather than jumping the all-politicians-are-scum bandwagon.

No-one was attacked here, and no frail little old man was involved as the thread title misleadingly claims.

The TD wasn't shoved. We can all see the video. The TD went to open the door, yer man was in the way, so the TD shoved him back. Yer man tried to get around him and the TD had a complete mickey fit.
    Slightly worrying the amount of people that think this is normal enough behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

A 30 second video clip and some nonsense about pensioners when it's actually two TD's? So absolutely no context whatsoever then?

I'm just going to speculate that the fella behind him was trying to shove him into the car and drive off up the mountains with him.

The TD in front should've spun round and lifted the fcuker off the ground with a bunch of fives, laid him out on the flet of his beck!

Ego gone mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I'm not politically affiliated and detest all the crook elements obviously but why do some people's sole contributions to threads re same amount to nothing more than "All politicians are scum"? It's untrue for one, and brings zero to the discourse. It's Facebook level discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,511 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Cienciano wrote: »
    The TD wasn't shoved. We can all see the video. The TD went to open the door, yer man was in the way, so the TD shoved him back. Yer man tried to get around him and the TD had a complete mickey fit.
    Slightly worrying the amount of people that think this is normal enough behaviour.

Slightly worrying for who? Nobody said it was normal, maybe a dozen or so said it was understandable. It was not a normal situation as I understand normal. If you are only slightly worried you will probably get over it soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Already emailed him calling or his resignation. Urge others to do the same.

Mint Aero wrote: »

I emailed Luke Flanagan to ask him to resign for letting his protege attack the Taoiseach.

I emailed Luke Flanagan to ask him to resign for letting his protege attack the Taoiseach.

Good.
    Expect a personal response, rather than a Kidnappers letter cut-n-paste that has gone through FG HQ.

Mint Aero wrote: »

I'm sure he's ****ting himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

There's no A&E in Athlone and even if there was, you've the north and South covered, what would you do with the likes of us living in the centre of the county?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Why email anybody? Just wait at the bus stop and catch random people as they get off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Aren't these the same gangsters that were crying when one of their gaggle was man handled during the local elections? Double standards for Filthy Gael shocker. So what is new?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Rasheed wrote: »
    There's no A&E in Athlone and even if there was, you've the north and South covered, what would you do with the likes of us living in the centre of the county?

How many live in the area?
    Not everyone can have an A+E ten minutes away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

I can't even see kenny in that video.
    Can you point out at what point he was attacked? Or are you talking pure Fine Gael bolllllllox again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

The folk who reckon this is much 'ado about nothing' how would you feel if it was your own father/other family member involved?

I know if he put the elbow into my father like in that video, I'd break his two fcuking legs.

Publicly/privately. I'd not be too fussed tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

cajonlardo wrote: »
    Can you point out at what point he was attacked? Or are you talking pure Fine Gael bolllllllox again?

Who do you think that is getting out of the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

kneemos wrote: »
    Not everyone can have an A+E ten minutes away.

Fair point. What would you count as an acceptable time to be away from an A&E? Twenty minutes? Forty minutes? An hour?

I'm not talking about those that live in the wilds of Mayo, Kerry or Donegal either, just your average person in a medium size town for instance.

cajonlardo wrote: »

Kenny was in the back seat pulling strokes for a one Mr McNulty (probably).

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/taoiseachs-family-links-to-candidate-are-revealed-30619801.html

The folk who reckon this is much 'ado about nothing' how would you feel if it was your own father/other family member involved?

I know if he put the elbow into my father like in that video, I'd break his two fcuking legs.

Publicly/privately. I'd not be too fussed tbh.

Something tells me you wouldn't really. There's a lot of hot air being blown on this thread.

If my father or any other family member was stupid enough to do what this gentleman did I don't think I'd feel much sympathy tbh.

You can't deliberately shove into some-one or get in their way and expect no come back.

Something tells me you wouldn't really. There's a lot of hot air being blown on this thread.

If my father or any other family member was stupid enough to do what this gentleman did I don't think I'd feel much sympathy tbh.

You can't deliberately shove into some-one or get in their way and expect no come back.

Oh I would. Trust me. I would. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The main getting "pushed" is running in the election. he was trying to be an annoying ****e looking for publicity. he found it.

He's getting exactly what he wanted from all of this.

He was looking for a response and he found it. Got what he deserved in my opinion.

/also hate Frank Feighan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

You can't? That's news to me. Maybe I'd expect him to turn around and tell him to cop on, or just push him back, but the use of an elbow, as I've said earlier, is an attempt to hurt not an attempt to escape harm.

For feck sake, that auld fella was hardly even shoving him, and wasn't even near aggressive enough to warrant the TD responding in such manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Well they are Blueshirts and like their counter parts in Germany in the 1930s they act in the same manner.

mcko wrote: »
    Well they are Blueshirts and like their counter parts in Germany in the 1930s they act in the same manner.

Godwinned! Time to close the thread, it's been fun.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Yeh living in Ireland today is exactly like living under the third reich.

Sinn Fein were the party that collaborated with the Nazis.

• Advertisement

You're not seriously compared Ireland 2014 to Nazi Germany 1930s-1940s are you?

How exactly to our politicians compare to genocidal anti Semitic mass murders?

Ah sure that's the left.

Sinn Fein were the party that collaborated with the Nazis.

O'Duffy wasn't a member of Sinn Fein then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭LowOdour

That comparison is unfair on the genocidal anti Semitic mass murders

O'Duffy wasn't a member of Sinn Fein.

Russell was.

• Advertisement
Advertisement