Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this appropriate behaviour from a TD?

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Did it have anything to do with the man is questions vote on a hospital that I was replying to? Cos that was in here too.

Realistically, they are the only party of a size that could form part of a government (that aren't part of the considered "established" that have already been in power) so I think its legitimate to mention them in discussions.

Again, attempt to detail thread. (or are you trying to claim the victim was a member of SF?)

Stick to the topic at hand .

Title of OP "is this appropriate behaviour from a TD"?

Simple yes or no would do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Again, attempt to detail thread. (or are you trying to claim the victim was a member of SF?)

Stick to the topic at hand .

Title of OP "is this appropriate behaviour from a TD"?

Simple yes or no would do

So whats the relevance to his vote on a hospital?

So was the relevance to his vote on a hospital?

What are you even blathering on about ffs:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

SuperOito wrote: »
    He tried to hustle Feighan out of the way. Feighan pushed back, somewhat excessively, sure, but he nor anyone is in any position to be outraged. You can't expect to push TD's around without retribution.

What did he expect to happen? If' he's that old an frail he shouldn't put himself in those situations in the first place.

He's not that old and frail though from the looks of it. I'm guessing 60s or 70s

Imagine if he decided to give Feighan a knuckle to his nose in response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

So was the relevance to his vote on a hospital?

Wat?

What are you even blathering on about ffs:confused:

Presumably if you read my post where I mentioned SF you read Mikom's post that I quoted and was replying to where he talks about Frank Feighan voting against retaining services at the hospital? I was asking what the relevance of that (Mikom's) post was if SF are off limits.I thought it was quite clear tbh.

And again, why try to rush the car when he could have delivered it by lots of others means or waited for a proper opportunity to hand it too him other than to cause a scene like what ended up happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

He was trying to be clever. He had his back to him but you could see a slight turn of the head to make sure he knew who was behind him. Then, elbow out, back back back.

Classy. Clever work by a sly bully.

Presumably if you read my post where I mentioned SF you read Mikom's post that I quoted and was replying to where he talks about Frank Feighan voting against retaining services at the hospital? I was asking what the relevance of that (Mikom's) post was if SF are off limits.I thought it was quite clear tbh.

Ah ok.

Got ya now.

So your thoughts on the TD elbowing the ribs of yer man? Appropriate behaviour for an elected official during a public event?

And before you attempt to tell me he was only defending himself. At no point in that video does the victim harass, jostle, or manhandle anyone.

In fact. If you care to watch it through unblinkered spectacles, you'll note the man who was elbowed was standing on the kerb before Feighan even came near him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Had the guy behind not steadied the pensioner, he probably would have fallen, he could have broke a hip, or banged his head.
    Yeah, had that happened, he'd have been rushed off to A&E.

oh wait...maybe not!:D

• Advertisement

Ah ok.

Got ya now.

So your thoughts on the TD elbowing the ribs of yer man? Appropriate behaviour for an elected official during a public event?

And before you attempt to tell me he was only defending himself. At no point in that video does the victim harass, jostle, or manhandle anyone.

In fact. If you care to watch it through unblinkered spectacles, you'll note the man who was elbowed was standing on the kerb before Feighan even came near him.

He tried to rush the car of the leader of the country and got shoved back, big meh from me.

Your thoughts on why he didn't wait for an appropriate time for a proper discussion or to hand him the leaflet other than to cause a scene or get a reaction like he got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He tried to rush the car of the leader of the country and got shoved back, big meh from me.

Your thoughts on why he didn't wait for an appropriate time for a proper discussion or to hand him the leaflet other than to cause a scene or get a reaction like he got?

I didn't see him "rushing" the car at all in that clip.
    He was waving a piece of paper in the air and asking the Taoiseach if he was going to answer questions.

Imagine if the old guy had responded to the elbowing like this old guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP4DZLRxslk

What point on the video does he 'rush' the car?

How many mins/secs in, just so we're singing from the same hymn sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

Bit of a meh thing one thing I do no is if ir had of been yer man elbowing the TD like that he would be locked up so realy should be the same punishment realy enda has plenty of bodyguards and gardai around id say so a TD should not be involved in this if he'd of elbowed me like that he'd have no teeth left tho gladly put out my hands for the cuffs afterwords

That video is embarrassing, the FG TD's actions are disgusting, but the general atmosphere and the behavior of the morons seen in the video are just the worst epitome of small town Ireland. That starstruck auld codger in the white coat swinging her camera around like the second coming of Christ has arrived. Fúcking hell.

I thought the auld wan in the white coat was Mary O'Rourke for a moment, she's the one doing the "whoo whoooo" thing, ****ing eijit

• Advertisement

Let's be honest. Roscommon hospital does not need an A+E department. They have Sligo to cover Boyle etc. and then Athlone to cover south Roscommon.

Athlone doesn't have an A&E though

Person living in Athlone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

Demonique wrote: »
    I thought the auld wan in the white coat was Mary O'Rourke for a moment, she's the one doing the "whoo whoooo" thing, ****ing eijit

What was she doing with the camera blessing everybody lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

In your own time there now horse, point out at when the ould lad rushes the car

Maybe then point out where Frankie pushes him instead of elbowing him

Or just admit you're spouting bollox, which ever is easiest.

There's a freudian thing going on with a lot of posters, its always about the shinners even when it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

why are people calling john mcdermott a pensioner?

this is said individual that was elbowed by frank feighan

rossie1977 wrote: »

Looks pensioner enough to me. What age is he?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

rossie1977 wrote: »

in all me days i've never seen a more hardy looking young fella on a flyer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

sjb25 wrote: »
    What was she doing with the camera blessing everybody lol

trying to be smart and get photos of the "scumbags" hassling poor Enda no doubt, a nosey auld bint type who'll have these wonderful blurred out images to pass on, if she even managed to have the camera on at the time that is!!

Bull****. The guy tried to shove forward and got shoved back. Too much PC shyte about not being able to deal with people in the manner they attempt to deal with you. Your position is irrelevant: you don't become a target for every one with attitude just because of it. This old guy got what he needed. He should **** right off.

I'd love to hear the reactions of the 'PC brigade' on here if the shoe was on the other Foot.

"he elbowed a TD :eek:?, imprison him immediately, boil his head, have him hung drawn and quartered "!

Been some PR week for the Taoiseach. Gotta hand it to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

Keep it civil folks, report any posts if you think they breach the charter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,511 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I'd love to hear the reactions of the 'PC brigade' on here if the shoe was on the other Foot.

"he elbowed a TD :eek:?, imprison him immediately, boil his head, have him hung drawn and quartered "!

As I remember it when Joan Burton was hounded out of Dundalk by the baying mob and when TD's offices were invaded by the thugs there was much triumphalism in these here parts from their fellow travellers.

As I remember it when Joan Burton was hounded out of Dundalk by the baying mob and when TD's offices were invaded by the thugs there was much triumphalism in these here parts from their fellow travellers.

Was Joan Burton elbowed 5 or 6 times in the stomach?

If not, your post has no relevance whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,511 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Was Joan Burton elbowed 5 or 6 times in the stomach?

If not, your post has no relevance whatsoever.

Then neither has your "shoe on the other foot" hypotethical scenario.

Here's the (obviously stock) reply I got from Frank via email.

They literally scanned a letter and emailed it to folk, of which I assume I was one of many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They literally scanned a letter and emailed it to folk, of which I assume I was one of many.

Let's hope the people in his constituency remember his actions when he's asking for their votes again.

Well at least he admitted he was wrong and apologised.
    Sometimes we all act a little hastily but we have no right to assault anyone.
    I think Mc Dermott will accept that and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Seems fair enough to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

That letter would get a D in the junior cert.

I am shocked and appalled. Shocked and appalled. Disgusting.

That letter would get a D in the junior cert.

I am shocked and appalled. Shocked and appalled. Disgusting.

Note the second line down.

No doubt he'll be attending some water meter protests. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I think Mc Dermott will accept that and move on.
    Doubtful. He has made a formal complaint to the Gardai and Feighan has said he is now consulting his solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

And people wonder why the term 'PC Brigade' essentially means nothing at all anymore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Phoebas wrote: »
    Feighan has said he is now consulting his solicitor.

Rasheed wrote: »
    There's no A&E in Athlone and even if there was, you've the north and South covered, what would you do with the likes of us living in the centre of the county?

How about Leitrim which has no A+E? We seem to get on ok. We can't afford to have an a+e everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

How about Leitrim which has no A+E? We seem to get on ok. We can't afford to have an a+e everywhere.

I understand that it's not viable for every sparsely populated county to have its own A&E. Problem with Roscommon is that as well as having no A&E, the roads are shiite to the next nearest hospitals- namely Ballinasloe, Mullingar and Sligo. Plus those hospitals aren't able for the influx of patients that Roscommon has so the patients from East Galway, Longford/ Westmeath and Sligo/ Leitrim are also being affected.

The closure of the Roscommon A&E, fair enough if that's what they thought was best. But improve the roads to the next hospital and increase the staff in that hospital to deal with higher numbers. (Try traveling in the back if an ambulance from Roscommon to Sligo and you ill. Feck it I wasn't even the patient and it was torture.)This hasn't been done and unfortunately I have quite a bit of experience with the above three hospitals both as a nurse and a patient.

To say its bedlam, especially Ballinasloe, is an understatement. And don't get me started on Galway if you have the misfortune of being transferred there. It's dangerously busy. The domino affect from downgrading a hospital is much bigger than just putting out the population of that area. But they'll keep telling us about the wonderful endoscopy unit we're getting and the rehab beds and made look like we're whining if the A&E is mentioned.

I think that Roscommon A&E will, most likely, never open again. I don't john McDermott or any other politician from the hospital action committee has a hope but I still think it was a wrong decision to close it, especially without making the relevant improvements to the other hospitals.

Advertisement