Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online log out time too short

Options
  • 27-09-2014 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I would like to point out that it is incredibly frustrating to try to send a detailed message through your online secure messaging service, only to find that by the time you hit "send" you have been logged out and just wasted another few minutes of your life due to banking.

Also, the system will happily log you out without warning, but always requests "are you sure you want to log out?" when you actually DO want to.

You need to disable the automatic logout when using the secure messaging service, or include a countdown timer warning how much time is left before you have completely wasted another few minutes of my life on the BOI site.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The automatic log out time is set way too short in general, not only in relation to the PM service. Often, I will want to consult other financial sites while keeping 365online open to cross-check information.  Again, I'm not looking for platitudes or workarounds - please bring this suggestion to the relevant dev teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi IanMcLeish and Red Alert,

Thanks for your posts.

We'll ensure to pass on your comments and feedback to our Development Team for review. We are aware that the automatic log out time was extended recently. Although, for security, it is not possible for this feature to be disabled we'll ensure to pass on your suggestion regarding a countdown timer.

@ IanMcLeish if you should need to send a particularly lengthy message, one option would be to type this up in Word or similar application and then copy into the message box.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement