Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car fire, Unidentified body

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

If its common knowledge that cars are drifting there every night and drive like rally cars back into town, then what are the Gardaí doing...???

No revenue to collected out of this i assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I have no idea why the Garda won't take a spin out. Its a simple place for 2 Garda cars to corner a group. I'm sure there's clips on YouTube of what goes on up there.
    Whatever goes on at the landfill is nethier here nor there in regards to the accident in the link, these roads are mainly used by locals so there's a good chance he could be a neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Anzac_11

That's just sad, I feel for people who had someone that came in late this morning. They must have worried badly. Also my heart goes out to the person and their family who suffer this loss.
    As I have no idea what happened there, I'm not saying this terrible accident was caused by drifting. But on another note, I agree corsav6, there should be more done about the drifting. I personally think, if someone is found doing that, they should have their car confiscated. When they do that, the car turns into a lethal weapon. A danger to everyone.

http://www.herald.ie/news/dna-used-to-identify-dad-killed-in-car-blaze-30626449.html

An update to this tragic accident. I passed by the scene a few times and its easy to understand how he crashed.
    A young lad in his late teens or early 20s died in a crash in the same place around 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

washman3 wrote: »
    If its common knowledge that cars are drifting there every night and drive like rally cars back into town, then what are the Gardaí doing...???

No revenue to collected out of this i assume.
    corsav6 wrote: »
    I have no idea why the Garda won't take a spin out. Its a simple place for 2 Garda cars to corner a group. I'm sure there's clips on YouTube of what goes on up there.
    Anzac_11 wrote: »
    T But on another note, I agree corsav6, there should be more done about the drifting. I personally think, if someone is found doing that, they should have their car confiscated. When they do that, the car turns into a lethal weapon. A danger to everyone.

Well I don't know where this landfill is and how the place looks like, but my understanding is that it's somewhere in the middle of nowhere, far from any people living nearby.
    And therefore I see completely no reason for Gardai to intervene there.
    Those lads need place to have some fun, and if they are doing it far from anyone without disturbing or endangering other people, then I see no reason to disallow it to them.
    Returning from there on back roads in rally style is different thing though, and should be stopped.

• Advertisement

CiniO wrote: »
    Well I don't know where this landfill is and how the place looks like, but my understanding is that it's somewhere in the middle of nowhere, far from any people living nearby.
    And therefore I see completely no reason for Gardai to intervene there.
    Those lads need place to have some fun, and if they are doing it far from anyone without disturbing or endangering other people, then I see no reason to disallow it to them.
    Returning from there on back roads in rally style is different thing though, and should be stopped.

No, its on a main road between Newport and Castlebar. I agree that they need somewhere to go and there a plenty of isolated spots not very far away, but they get moved on by gardai from these places instead.
    The reason they use the landfill entrance is because its under Westport gardai jurisdiction which is 15 miles away and obviously too far for them to travel.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

CiniO wrote: »
    Those lads need place to have some fun...
    If they want to drive a car in a manner that's not appropriate for a public road, they should sign up for Mondello track days.

Advertisement