Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working people "should" live in dormitories

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 152 ✭✭Crusades

Foxmint wrote: »
    You don't beat the corrupt by joining them

Like I said before, I'll be first in line when the corruption cease fire is declared.

And no, I won't call corruption because I won't get promoted, find myself being "managed out" or I could risk losing my job by firing accusations around. There is no whistle blower mechanism in place where I work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

He'd be better off in McDonalds then working in the hospital. McDonalds are a good employer and he could work his way up.

He'll still be doing that same job in the hospital in many years when his back gives out from mopping floors. And the contractor would drop him in a second

mikemac1 wrote: »
    He'd be better off in McDonalds then working in the hospital. McDonalds are a good employer and he could work his way up.

He'll still be doing that same job in the hospital in many years when his back gives out from mopping floors. And the contractor would drop him in a second

Sigh. And around we go again.

So his replacement should also be denied a basic standard of living while those who contribute little if anything are housed in luxury?

thejournal.ie/thornton-heights-housing-scheme-opening-1663347-Sep2014/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Foxmint

Crusades wrote: »
    Like I said before, I'll be first in line when the corruption cease fire is declared.

And no, I won't call corruption because I won't get promoted, find myself being "managed out" or I could risk losing my job by firing accusations around. There is no whistle blower mechanism in place where I work.

That's not an excuse for turning corrupt yourself. You're fooling no one but yourself.

Since when did you have to "work your way up" to be treated with dignity and as a decent human being ?

• Advertisement

That's not an excuse for turning corrupt yourself. You're fooling no one but yourself.

Please explain how I am corrupt?

Before you do that, think about what magnitude of corruption you think I engage in vs. the magnitude of documented corruption that has gone on in the recent past.

How am I corrupt?

The I'm not corrupt, I just go along with them excuse. lol.

Since when did you have to "work your way up" to be treated with dignity and as a decent human being ?

It will help him afford his lifestyle. He has a job and is clearly a hard worker and most comments here are not judging him

If 9.50 per hour was a super wage this article would not exist
    Sigh. And around we go again.

So his replacement should also be denied a basic standard of living while those who contribute little if anything are housed in luxury?

My post has nothing to do with the workshy citizens spending their life on welfare. There are other posters who posted about that if you want to quote them

The I'm not corrupt, I just go along with them excuse. lol.

If you want to make corruption accusations, off you go. Put up or shut up.

Please list the law(s) that I have broken.

It will help him afford his lifestyle. He has a job and is clearly a hard worker and most comments here are not judging him

If 9.50 per hour was a super wage this article would not exist

Ah yes, it's a "lifestyle choice" to expect a decent standard of living from an honest week's work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭NGC999888

Ludicrous misogynist rubbish.

Women these days pay others to rear their children. They work as hard now (if not harder) than they ever did. Please don't try and insinuate that rearing the next generation of taxpayers isn't work.

Seriously, You are all over the place in your arguments.
    As someone said, just like a politician :)

How much tax does your guy on €9 per hour pay?
    Very little I would guess.

If you want to make corruption accusations, off you go. Put up or shut up.

Please list the law(s) that I have broken.

You just admitted you collaberated with it every day of the week.

NGC999888 wrote: »
    Seriously, You are all over the place in your arguments.
    As someone said, just like a politician :)

How much tax does your guy on €9 per hour pay?
    Very little I would guess.

He's paying tax. He's contributing to the system.

However people who have never worked get to live in luxury.

You just admitted you collaberated with it every day of the week.

How so?

What laws have I broken?

Again, put up or shut up.

Ah yes, it's a "lifestyle choice" to expect a decent standard of living from an honest week's work.

It's a choice to rent a flat on your own. Plenty of workers who earn far more then him share with strangers.

What's the solution Crusades? Should the HSE hire him directly for 15 euro per hour and give him a pension and entitlements. Brilliant, do it :). And now he's earning more then graduate nurses on 22k per year despite 4 years training

How so?

What laws have I broken?

Again, put up or shut up.
    I see ineffeciencies and waste every day of the week where I work (public sector). You don't get promoted where I work by saving money or pointing out where your manager is wasting money.

So you go along with the waste of taxpayers money, instead of speaking up against it, which makes you no better than a collaborating leech on the taxpayer as well. You don't have to be caught breaking a law to be corrupt or collaberate with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭NGC999888

He's paying tax. He's contributing to the system.

However people who have never worked get to live in luxury.

So we are back again now to kicking people on welfare out of their houses to give those houses to low paid workers.
    While it might be popular, it will never happen.

Next you'll be asking for the retired to be kicked out of their houses to give to your guy too. Or have you already suggested that one too?

So you go along with the waste of taxpayers money, instead of speaking up against it, which makes you no better than a collaborating leech on the taxpayer as well. You don't have to be caught breaking a law to be corrupt or collaberate with it.

I am forced to engage in low level corruption. I don't do so out of choice.

You're sitting there with a hailo over your head saying you'd sooner be an unemployed hero than an employed coward? Yeah f*cking right.

That's what happens when you live Ireland - the Wild West of Europe.

Now what laws did I break?

I am forced to engage in low level corruption. I don't do so out of choice.

No is forcing you to do anything, you're making money off the taxpayer while turning a blind eye, which makes you no better, and the very reason all the corruption exists and thrives in the first place.

So we are back again now to kicking people on welfare out of their houses to give those houses to low paid workers.
    While it might be popular, it will never happen.

Next you'll be asking for the retired to be kicked out of their houses to give to your guy too. Or have you already suggested that one too?

I don't think people on welfare should be denied a basic standard of living either.

There is a very strong dole culture in Ireland - that needs to change.

All I'm doing is highlighting the perverse system that has developed in this country - a system that prioritises those who contribute nothing over those who contribute lots.

I made a list of suggestions as to how to fix this in an earlier post. Practical policy changes that can be made that wouldn't cost very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

This thread is just going round in off topic circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

All of the housing problems began when women were encouraged to enter the workplace. Now its assumed that both of any couple will be working to afford where they live. This drives prices up. Single people compete with double incomes for the same accommodation. Stop women working and your problem is solved OP. Good luck with that too.
    You might rephrase you post so it doesn't come across as being bigoted

Stop women working and watch incomes (personal and national) drop at least 30%.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Victor wrote: »
    You might rephrase you post so it doesn't come across as being bigoted

Stop women working and watch incomes (personal and national) drop at least 30%.

More misogynisitc than bigoted to be honest.
    Unacceptable, either way.

The thread has a temporary reprieve- on the understanding that people behave. There will be a zero tolerance approach to moderating from the 3 of us. If you misbehave, we will come down on you like a tonne of bricks- this is your one and only warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

How long to you intend to be stuck house sharing for?

4/5 years maybe.....well thats all going according to plan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement