Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stuart Turner ST55 short cycling - what to do?

• 27-09-2014 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I have a Stuart Turner ST55 upstairs pressuring 2 showers in the house. Couple of months ago the pump started to short cycle when moving the shower mixer towards the cold side. Checked and both showers upstairs do the same.
    It does not seem to be the sensor as it is the same for hot and cold and hot works fine.
    If you go for hot water all goes well in both showers but is too hot to take a shower so we turned the pump off.
    Removed the pump to check for debris or something blocking the magnetic rocket on the cold side but all looks fine (some videos seem to indicate that is what triggers the on and off).
    I would like to replace the faulty part but I'm not sure if which part to replace at this point. Also not sure if it could be something related to a pipe at some point but it would have to be a part both showers have in common.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Unpede

Tried swapping cold and hot outputs to rule out pipe blocking and found out the obstruction was after the pump. Turns out there's a unidirectional valve that offers more resistance than it should. Replacing the valve solved the issue. Pump is allright. :-)

Advertisement