Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel in/near Kilkenny next weekend

Options
  • 27-09-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

First off - this is not for a stag or hen weekend, so I'm looking for somewhere quiet & relatively inexpensive down around Kilkenny. The thing I'm going for is in the city centre, so I could get the train down and stay somewhere in walking distance. I'm also open to taking the car and staying a little outside the city.

Can anyone suggest a good non-stag, non-hen market hotel down around there?

Thanks,

z

[edit] I know the entire city isn't all about stags, but I know it has a bit of a reputation so I'm just flagging up that that's not my market for next weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

zagmund wrote: »
    First off - this is not for a stag or hen weekend, so I'm looking for somewhere quiet & relatively inexpensive down around Kilkenny. The thing I'm going for is in the city centre, so I could get the train down and stay somewhere in walking distance. I'm also open to taking the car and staying a little outside the city.

Can anyone suggest a good non-stag, non-hen market hotel down around there?

Thanks,

z

[edit] I know the entire city isn't all about stags, but I know it has a bit of a reputation so I'm just flagging up that that's not my market for next weekend.

Thread moved from our Travel forum over into the Kilkenny City & County forum where it would be better suited as it is localised.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

I would reccomend the pembroke hotel....it is 1 minute from high street, for a slow walker..quiet and fairly upmarket...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Thread moved from our Travel forum over into the Kilkenny City & County forum where it would be better suited as it is localised.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

But how many people from Kilkenny have stayed in hotels in Kilkenny?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

hi5 wrote: »
    But how many people from Kilkenny have stayed in hotels in Kilkenny?

I've worked in quite a few of them and I doubt I'm alone.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement