Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Bartop Build

• 27-09-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

So this is my 4th Bartop,my last one being a hyperspin powered Mario Bros one and my last shell which keithgeo had giving a new home, I abandoned my last design in favour of this one which I will be keeping:-)The sides are made from 12 mm mdf and the CP is made of aluminum bent to shape, I'm waiting on the back pieces to be made and bent to shape,the speaker,fan and power button holes will be cut into the back pieces.
    This will be running Coinops
    The front bezel plexi and the marquee plexi will sit flush with the edge of the side panels,I also have a dual screen wall mounted jukebox in the build phase, so who knows which will be done first;-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

Looking good so far! Nice artwork do you print your own?

Is it hot rolled on or straight self adhesive?

I Build a few cabs myself and am getting a design test cut by CNC on Monday. dont want to say too much else on here in case it goes against the rules.

I have to say the dual screen jukebox sounds intriguing..care to PM me some pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Ah man got to say the artwork is top notch. Love the CP work as well. Well done.

I like the idea of aluminium for the CP, can I ask what swayed you doing that over MDF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Looking good so far! Nice artwork do you print your own?

Is it hot rolled on or straight self adhesive?

I Build a few cabs myself and am getting a design test cut by CNC on Monday. dont want to say too much else on here in case it goes against the rules.

I have to say the dual screen jukebox sounds intriguing..care to PM me some pics?

Yeah I can send you some pics I've only glued the black gloss plexi so it's not too advanced but more than happy to send them on, do you have your own cnc?? No its self adhesive artwork with a bit of washing up liquid to help position it

djsim101 wrote: »
    Ah man got to say the artwork is top notch. Love the CP work as well. Well done.

I like the idea of aluminium for the CP, can I ask what swayed you doing that over MDF?

All my other bartops had an wooden CP so decided to try a aluminium to save a little space as it's quite tight with this design,and also wanted to try have no screw holes to fill

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Yeah I can send you some pics I've only glued the black gloss plexi so it's not too advanced but more than happy to send them on, do you have your own cnc?? No its self adhesive artwork with a bit of washing up liquid to help position it

No but I have access to one :cool:

Im toying with the idea of a jukebox build so that and any other info would be great..

• Advertisement

Im toying with the idea of a jukebox build so that and any other info would be great..

No problem mate any questions you have just fire me a pm and ill do my best to answer them, after all I might need someone with access to a cnc machine someday :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I've a 14" touchscreen monitor if that would help your build

I've a 14" touchscreen monitor if that would help your build

pm me?

pm me?

Just a few pics of my wall mounted juke box which is a work in progress.
    In fitting a 17" open frame touchscreen for the main screen and an 8" screen(decased) above to display song that is currently playing or music video for that song whichever you choose, the cutouts around the top screen and at the bottom will have frosted plexi with led lights behind them to give it a jukebox "feel"
    I still have to cut out a router the plexi yo match the cutouts with a flush trim but.

I can't take credit for the design as it's one I came across online

Well my cut and bent aluminum parts came for my bartop so I've been to work putting it together!
    There is no hardware installed yet and the white buttons I have the won't be fitted to the final build as the don't fit in with the theme. Will be going with blue buttons and joystick fire sub zero side and yellow for scorpion( how obvious)
    I know some people won't line the bezel and marquee as one flush piece but ivthink it looks good with this design.
    You can't see as it's wrapped up but the bezel plexi is tinted so will only see the screen when it lights up:-)
    All speaker holes and air vents are cut into the aluminum.
    will update again as I get more done
    thanks for looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Looks good, where do you get the metal work done?

Looks good, where do you get the metal work done?

Got a relation to do a favour for me,didn't wanna do it at first but he was persuaded:-)

Just a few pics of my wall mounted juke box which is a work in progress.
    In fitting a 17" open frame touchscreen for the main screen and an 8" screen(decased) above to display song that is currently playing or music video for that song whichever you choose, the cutouts around the top screen and at the bottom will have frosted plexi with led lights behind them to give it a jukebox "feel"
    I still have to cut out a router the plexi yo match the cutouts with a flush trim but.

I can't take credit for the design as it's one I came across online

Sorry fixit I didnt realise you had replied. Thats looking nice so far, must try and track down that design..where did you get the touchscreen from?

Got it off eBay a while back can't even remember how much it cost but they are easy enough to luck up

I know some people won't line the bezel and marquee as one flush piece but ivthink it looks good with this design.

And I would agree. No harm to try something different. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result.

And I would agree. No harm to try something different. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished result.

Have ordered my buttons and an extra kade so hopefully get it wrapped up next week

Just a little update, the buttons arrived today:-) so got them installed but in my hast I forgot to order the coin button.
    The blue buttons are a little darker than they looked on the site,but they are not as dark as they look there is bad lighting in my photo.
    Think they look quite good,is coming together quickly,the 19" screen I have need to be altered a little to make it fit!!
    Will update again soon

Advertisement