Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera for a 3 year old ..

• 27-09-2014 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My kid loves taking photos with my camera or my phone but I'd like to get him a kids camera - something like this v-tech :

15182568437_ef2ece3518_n.jpg

Anyone have any experience with these ?

decent quality and battery life ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭candytog

the_monkey wrote: »
    Hi,
    My kid loves taking photos with my camera or my phone but I'd like to get him a kids camera - something like this v-tech :

Anyone have any experience with these ?

decent quality and battery life ??

I bought one for my niece for Christmas. She loved if for about a week lol I actually think they are pretty cool because you can rotate the camera for selfies. Now the image quality is 2mp and grainy as heck but I don't think your 3 year old will mind! When you buy it, make sure to get one at the back of the shelf so it's not the one used to demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Another option is a kids tablet or even a old mobile phone without a SIM card. You can pick up oldish android phones with front and rear cameras for very little money and install kid apps that lock it to a small number of apps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I got my 3 & 5 year olds cast off compacts, whatever people had lying around after moving up. Typically they didn't last for very long though, invariably they'd get dropped while the lenses were extended or whatever and just stop working. Think sad little grinding noises.

So I started trawling EBay and got one of these: https://www.cameraquest.com/fujibigjob.htm and I gotta say it's just fantastic. Pretty good picture quality & can be dropped, immersed in water, have grubby fingers rubbed across the lens and whatever they can throw at it. Big chunky controls, runs for days on a couple of rechargeable AAs as well. I got mine pretty luckily for about €20, normally they're a little more expensive

Advertisement