Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bought an Ipad Mini but want to return it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Yeah. PC World website.

Fair enough. I for one would not be happy to buy an iPad that has previously been sold, opened, used and returned. Even if only used for 20 mins. But that's just me. Best of luck with it whatever happens but let that be a lesson to make sure to do your research before making an expensive purchase to make sure it suits your needs and avoid this kind of worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

To answer your question, they will know it was used as you had to register it to download the apps, Only if a customer found that their newly purchased product is faulty .ie "it crashes occasionally" would they be entitled to a replacement within the 14 days, (the store might try and argue and say they wanted to test it, but the customer should stand their ground, as they are entitled to a new one) and if they did did not use the replacement (as they lost faith in the product), then they can get a refund on that. I know this because I purchased an item with an "occasional fault" and thats what I did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭The Friendly Newcomer

Fair enough. I for one would not be happy to buy an iPad that has previously been sold, opened, used and returned. Even if only used for 20 mins. But that's just me. Best of luck with it whatever happens but let that be a lesson to make sure to do your research before making an expensive purchase to make sure it suits your needs and avoid this kind of worry.

??? It will have to be sent away to be refurbished (I don't mind paying a fee for that) because the wrapping has been damaged. What's the problem with me using it for 20 minutes? Do you not think the manufacturers use it to check it?

corkonion wrote: »
    To answer your question, they will know it was used as you had to register it to download the apps, Only if a customer found that their newly purchased product is faulty .ie "it crashes occasionally" would they be entitled to a replacement within the 14 days, (they might try and argue and say they wanted to test it, but the customer should stand their ground, as they are entitled to a new one) and if they did did not use the replacement (as they lost faith in the product), then they can get a refund on that.

I kind of knew that. I'm gonna tell them the truth. I don't mind paying a refurbishment fee for them to send it away to get reset etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

??? It will have to be sent away to be refurbished (I don't mind paying a fee for that) because the wrapping has been damaged. What's the difference in me using it for 20 minutes? Do you not think the manufacturers use it to check it?

Surely you recognise the difference between a manufacturer testing it and someone taking it home and using it in the privacy of their own home and not under controlled conditions? Who's to know what happened to it between it leaving the shop and you returning it.

• Advertisement

I kind of knew that. I'm gonna tell them the truth. I don't mind paying a refurbishment fee for them to send it away to get reset etc.

You won't be paying a refurb fee, they wont exchange it, only if the item is faulty will they offer a refund or a replacement, its all here

http://www.pcworld.ie/content/returns-policy/1461

Surely you recognise the difference between a manufacturer testing it and someone taking it home and using it in the privacy of their own home and not under controlled conditions? Who's to know what happened to it between it leaving the shop and you returning it.

All I done was google a few things. I know it is in brand new condition. It is definitely re sellable.

You won't be paying a refurb fee, they wont exchange it, only if the item is faulty will they offer a refund or a replacement, its all here

http://www.pcworld.ie/content/returns-policy/1461

The PC World call centre said to go into the shop and ask about it so you don't know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Just go in and ask. You'll get nothing here as no one knows what condition the box is in.

When did you buy it?

The PC World call centre said to go into the shop and ask about it so you don't know that.

whatever.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Just go in and ask. You'll get nothing here as no one knows what condition the box is in.

When did you buy it?

Yesterday evening :(

If theres nothing wrong with the box and it's perfect you might have a chance.

If its damaged in any way i'd say you'll be keeping it.

Is Adverts.ie any good for selling things as in does it take long?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

All I done was google a few things. I know it is in brand new condition. It is definitely re sellable.

It cannot be resold as brand new once the box is opened.

From PC worlds terms.....

Returns, Cancellations & Faulty Goods...

How do I return a product after delivery?

If for whatever reason you change your mind and would like to return your order after delivery, we’re happy to refund or exchange your purchase as long as it’s unopened and in its original packaging. This option is available for 21 days after delivery.

Following the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations, we will accept items back even if you have opened the goods to inspect them. You are entitled to a refund as long as you notify us of your intention to cancel within 14 calendar days from the day after delivery. The goods must in an ‘as new’ condition and returned in the original, undamaged packaging, along with any accessories and free gifts received with them. You may examine products as you would in a shop but you must not have used or installed them or input any data on them. Whilst the goods are in your possession you must take reasonable care of them. DVDs, CDs, memory cards and software must still be sealed. If you want to return a Software Product Activation Key card which is not faulty, the silver strip on the back of the card must be fully intact as new.
    In the case of a service contract, the cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day of the conclusion of the contract.

Is Adverts.ie any good for selling things as in does it take long?

Depends on price.

You'll be selling it a significant loss to sell it quickly though.
    You won't get anyone silly enough to buy an ipad at near cost price with a new one supposely out soon.

whiterebel wrote: »
    It cannot be resold as brand new once the box is opened.

It can be refurbished.

From PC worlds terms.....

Returns, Cancellations & Faulty Goods...

How do I return a product after delivery?

If for whatever reason you change your mind and would like to return your order after delivery, we’re happy to refund or exchange your purchase as long as it’s unopened and in its original packaging. This option is available for 21 days after delivery.

Following the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations, we will accept items back even if you have opened the goods to inspect them. You are entitled to a refund as long as you notify us of your intention to cancel within 14 calendar days from the day after delivery. The goods must in an ‘as new’ condition and returned in the original, undamaged packaging, along with any accessories and free gifts received with them. You may examine products as you would in a shop but you must not have used or installed them or input any data on them. Whilst the goods are in your possession you must take reasonable care of them. DVDs, CDs, memory cards and software must still be sealed. If you want to return a Software Product Activation Key card which is not faulty, the silver strip on the back of the card must be fully intact as new.
    In the case of a service contract, the cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day of the conclusion of the contract.

The call centre I rang today said to ask instore

You should just bring it in tomorrow and see what they say.

I don't see what posting here is helping you. If anything its only making you more agitated.

RossieMan wrote: »
    You should just bring it in tomorrow and see what they say.

I don't see what posting here is helping you. If anything its only making you more agitated.

True, Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Yes but not as new in PC World.
    I'd haul them over the coals if I found out I paid full money for something someone else had used.

And if you registered your Apple ID on the machine well the warranty has started on that device.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It can be refurbished.

By sending it back to Apple. Hard to see them doing that with the money they'd lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Thanks, will they be able to know I used it if I reset it? Can they re sell it as new if I did?

No it's no longer factory sealed

Does anyone have any idea how much I should put the ipad price at if I have to sell it? Where would be the best place to sell it quick?

It's an Ipad mini 16gb with Retina display worth €399
    A red iWant it cover worth €20
    And a one year McAfee anti virus worth €99.99

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

And a one year McAfee virus.......

FYP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Does anyone have any idea how much I should put the ipad price at if I have to sell it? Where would be the best place to sell it quick?

Thanks
    Forget about the case and the antivirus, no one's going to pay extra for those. Just put it all up for sale for 350 and see what interest you get. If you haven't sold it after a week or two then lower the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Forget about the case and the antivirus, no one's going to pay extra for those. Just put it all up for sale for 350 and see what interest you get. If you haven't sold it after a week or two then lower the price.

If he gets that he'll be lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Not helpful at this point, but if you bought this for the iPad, you wasted your money. It's for Macs, not iOS devices. The MacAfee app for the iPad is free, but it's debatable if it's really needed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Thanks

You appear to be confusing worth and cost.

Go through existing adverts for the iPad mini and see what they are priced at, price yours around the same.

McAfee for iPad? I'd guess the sales guy/gal is still chuckling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Just by logging in you could load data on to the device and it has been seen by the app store etc. I'm not sure of the details of this but I do know I'd be pretty pissed off if I bought a "new" iPad and found traces of another user on it. In fact, I'd be on here mouthing off about what a sloppy retailer has done.
    It needs to be refurbed IMHO.

Advertisement