Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

light problem

Options
  • 27-09-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭

I've one of those three bulb lights in the living room, this one to be precise. One of them blew the other day, and the other two haven't worked since. Today I went down and got three replacement bulbs, turned off the trip switch and put one in to test it. It didn't work when I turned on the electricity again. Is there anything else I can check before calling in a spark to fix this main living room light?

PS: Would it be expensive to put six in-built spotlights into the living room and take out this light altogether?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

What type of bulb
    If its screw in then make sure they're screwed tightly
    Have you a dimmer on these lights,I have known the dimmer to blow when the bulb shorts out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

meercat wrote: »
    Have you a dimmer on these lights,I have known the dimmer to blow when the bulb shorts out.

Thanks. It is a screw in. Yes, there is a dimmer. How could I check/repair the dimmer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

gaiscioch wrote: »
    Thanks. It is a screw in. Yes, there is a dimmer. How could I check/repair the dimmer?
    Do you have a multimeter at hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭whizbang

Just replace the dimmer. Any electrical shop, even Woodies if you really must.

Ask the retailer if the dimmer will work with LED or Energy saving bulbs, as you will be replacing them sometime...

Advertisement