Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Kick starts

• 27-09-2014 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

My shin still has wounds from the fúckers but I wish the TDM had one. In fact they should all have one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I heart kickstarts. Old school and a pita sometimes but it's part of the experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Kickstarts....what are they grandad????

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

When I done my dispatch riders course in the army we had Yamaha XS400 and XS500's which both kick and electric start, but for the duration of the course (two months) we weren't allowed to use the electric start ~ by the end of it I'd hips like a farmers daughter!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Nothing quite like the rage you could work up trying to kickstart a clapped-out Cheapasfuki 125 on the side of the road in the rain. Dancing on the feckin' thing... (and then that golden moment when your foot slipped and you guntered the inside of your shinbone against the footpeg!)

Now I give up far too easily. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Kickstarts....what are they grandad????

:P

See you wonda! Calculates age, Jaysus ye could be right :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I've had them on a couple of bikes, kawasaki Z400, a Suzuki GS550E and Kawasaki W650. Always found them invaluable, especially if you have an alarm fitted and you are prone to flat batteries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭positron

I used to ride many many kick start bikes in my teens / early twenties (mostly 100-150 cc scooters or bikes and 350cc Enfield Bullets etc). Then after a 10-12 year of not riding bikes, I bought a Fazer, got my license here etc. Two years later, I came out of some bike shop in town, got on my bike, turned the key, and reached down with the right hand to flight the kicker and had to right foot ready to kick it down.

I just had to pause for a moment to realise what had just happened. Despite riding the Fazer and it's electronic start ignition etc, a habit from 14+ years ago just made a very strong come back. I had underestimated the power of habit.

Advertisement