Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Reference Letter

Options
  • 27-09-2014 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

I am looking to get a letter from BOI to say my account is in good standing and have no outstanding debts. Would it be possible to get a digital copy as I am out of the country for a couple of years. My account is still active and I use it daily.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi captainwang,

Thanks for your post.

We've been asked a very similar question recently you can view this here.

Although, Bank of Ireland does not issue Letters of Reference the company or person you require this for may request, through their own bank, what is known as a Character Enquiry. 

The request will need to include a signed written authority from you, which gives us permission to provide this information. A character enquiry request cannot be accepted via email or fax and we can only accept this in original copy. A Character Enquiry is carried out bank to bank so we will reply directly to the other bank and not to the company or person.

We hope this helps.
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

Hi captainwang,

Thanks for your post.

We've been asked a very similar question recently you can view this here.

Although, Bank of Ireland does not issue Letters of Reference the company or person you require this for may request, through their own bank, what is known as a Character Enquiry. 

The request will need to include a signed written authority from you, which gives us permission to provide this information. A character enquiry request cannot be accepted via email or fax and we can only accept this in original copy. A Character Enquiry is carried out bank to bank so we will reply directly to the other bank and not to the company or person.

We hope this helps.
    Tara
    Thanks for the info Tara, I'll look into starting the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 d2x2

Don't listen to Bank of Ireland customer support. They haven't got a clue! Spent two hours telling me that it is not a "service" the bank provides and that "it is bank policy" not to write letters. All four of them, not one able to get their facts right and give correct information. Not one of them able to query it, find the correct number in their directory. I'm still angry, can you tell? Wasted 24 hours, getting nowhere. Couldn't even get a call back from the branch. So here it is:

You need a  REFERENCE LETTER for your business?
    • Call the centralised business advisor service on 01 2500348 
    • Dial 3, other services.
    • Ask for a Reference Letter,
    • Done. It's on its way to your branch.
    [*]

Worst thing is I only found out about this because I casually mentioned my issue to the BoI adviser who was helping me with a debit card! Give this guy a raise, and the one who direct me to him a corner office with free snacks.

Bank of Ireland I am so angry with your incompetent customer service drones who read scripts and apologise profusely for everything before they even try to understand the query. Shocking.

Advertisement