Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 7 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Krul --> Forster

Happy enough with the rest of my team for now so seems like a no brainer shifting Krul who got me a grand total of 0 clean sheets since i brought him in with my WC:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm actually tempted to get rid of Sterling. He'll have the odd decent score but Liverpool are struggling and Silva looks more attractive.

City not firing on all cylinders either but they have quality which Liverpool don't and I'd expect them to hockey somebody soon!

Edit: On this.

Would Sterling to Silva seem like a wise move to address my lack of City cover, while considering getting Aguero after the International break?

Ditto. I was actually looking at bringing in Silva for Sterling this week, but then Rooney went and got himself sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm also starting to wonder about Sterling.

I think he'll always be one of Liverpool's biggest threats, but for him to have a really stellar season, he'll need those around him to be in form. Ozil is such a hot and cold player, but he played well last night and is relishing the number 10 role. I have enough in the bank to upgrade to him.

If Liverpool turn it around I'll always be able to get Sterling back in or re-evaluate Ozil when Walcott comes back!

Haven't seen much of Liverpool in general this season. But he seemed more dangerous when Sturridge was fit at the start of the season. Sturridge is nearly fit again (apparently), so I'm going to hold off transferring Sterling out until Sturridge returns and I see how they get on with a decent fit striker.

Edit: that said, I have Aguero, so not worried about City coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Haven't seen much of Liverpool in general this season. But he seemed more dangerous when Sturridge was fit at the start of the season. Sturridge is nearly fit again (apparently), so I'm going to hold off transferring Sterling out until Sturridge returns and I see how they get on with a decent fit striker.

Edit: that said, I have Aguero, so not worried about City coverage.

This is exactly it they have been dreadful in an attacking sense since the spurs game the last game sturridge played. They look in trouble it remains to be seen if sturridges return will change things I do think it will help sterling though. I dont have sterling and am stuck with mario for this week but will be selling him this for wellbeck gw 8 and will be going without pool coverage for a few weeks as they have real madrid twice in the few weeks after the international break which will take a lot out of them and some possible rotation.

This is exactly it they have been dreadful in an attacking sense since the spurs game the last game sturridge played. They look in trouble it remains to be seen if sturridges return will change things I do think it will help sterling though. I dont have sterling and am stuck with mario for this week but will be selling him this for wellbeck gw 8 and will be going without pool coverage for a few weeks as they have real madrid twice in the few weeks after the international break which will take a lot out of them and some possible rotation.

Yeah they have a lot of games in that period (they have a LC game also) - though they do have some tasty PL fixtures up until the Chelsea game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ok now seems as good a time as any to reveal my thoughts on my 2 gambles to replace Rooney and Ramsey for -4 with the wildcard coming into play next week.

Rooney -> RVP
    Ramsey -> Kevin Nolan :cool:

I'd captain RVP too. I'd need assurances that Nolan would start otherwise it may be Downing and want to see how Everton get on tonight in the Europa. It could be genius or it could backfire horribly but for 1 week damn I'm getting excited. Any other outside the box alternatives for a 1 week role of the dice ye could recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ok now seems as good a time as any to reveal my thoughts on my 2 gambles to replace Rooney and Ramsey for -4 with the wildcard coming into play next week.

Rooney -> RVP

I'd captain RVP too. I'd need assurances that Nolan would start otherwise it may be Downing and want to see how Everton get on tonight in the Europa. It could be genius or it could backfire horribly but for 1 week damn I'm getting excited. Any other outside the box alternatives for a 1 week role of the dice ye could recommend?

Bolasie

Rooney -> RVP

The RVP one could be brilliant. I'm sure there's been exceptions, but Everton and Spurs seem to have under performed after playing midweek Europa games. Everton already seem leaky, and they are away in Russia tonight, with only 2 days recovery in between. Will be interesting to see their team tonight, but if they play a full strength team tonight, they could struggle on Sunday.

Rooney -> RVP

I got rvp in on my wildcard made him captain for gw 3 and gw 4.
    GW3 2 pts
    GW4 1 pts
    Sold him ahead of gw 5 he scores in gw 5 and 6. As a 1 wk punt id go for him even though he is the main cause of my dreadful september. As alternatives to nolan dyer or routledge could be worth a shout or a bit of a risky one llalana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm currently on a wildcard and have Pelle and Ulloa in the team for price rises. I'm keen to get Aguero in but one of the two lads has to make way. Thinking Ulloa but he's in great form as is Pelle. Tough one, anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

jebforever wrote: »
    I'm currently on a wildcard and have Pelle and Ulloa in the team for price rises. I'm keen to get Aguero in but one of the two lads has to make way. Thinking Ulloa but he's in great form as is Pelle. Tough one, anyone any ideas?

For the week that's in it, all three could do well. Pelle is on form but I think he has the worst fixture. Ulloa should surely score against a terrible Burnley team. Aguero will surely put one past against Villa.

Tough call. I've gone with Ulloa and Aguero, but will be getting Pelle in for Ulloa next week, I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Personally I would transfer out Ulloa. He’s very much on form but I don’t think it will last for the season.

Pelle has a better longevity. His goal scoring record over the last few seasons speaks for itself.

Lallana crossed my mind alright but can't afford him unless I went Falcao rather than RVP which I'd be reluctant to do but wouldn't rule it out.

I'd have 7.3 to spend on my mid if I go RVP.

Lallana crossed my mind alright but can't afford him unless I went Falcao rather than RVP which I'd be reluctant to do but wouldn't rule it out.

Not sure how much he is without checking, but Tadic? Looked close to scoring a few times last week. He's definitely on my watch list, but then I don't have Pelle.

Not sure how much he is without checking, but Tadic? Looked close to scoring a few times last week. He's definitely on my watch list, but then I don't have Pelle.

7.5 and I've got Pelle anyway. Mid term he'd be a decent pick though.

• Advertisement

7.5 and I've got Pelle anyway. Mid term he'd be a decent pick though.

Ah, never mind then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

want to do Jelavic to Pelle...NEXT WEEK.... and have the exact amount of cash.... is he likely to move between now and Saturday afternoon though ?

miller82 wrote: »
    want to do Jelavic to Pelle...NEXT WEEK.... and have the exact amount of cash.... is he likely to move between now and Saturday afternoon though ?

I think he's only risen once this week so yeah it's very likely that he'll rise again before Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

I think he's only risen once this week so yeah it's very likely that he'll rise again before Saturday.

BOOOOO.

Jelavic has a nice fixture this week, then two cr4p ones, Pella is the other way around. plus it would be a 4 point hit..... probably best to hold fire and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

You gambling with a view to Wildcard next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Ended up ditching Duff for Moore and praying for a Leicester clean sheet with a view to draft in a west ham defender the following GW

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

what do we think of dzeko lads..hes in a bit of form ...replacing rooney (the bollix)

You gambling with a view to Wildcard next week?

That's the plan anyway yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

cremeegg wrote: »
    what do we think of dzeko lads..hes in a bit of form ...replacing rooney (the bollix)

That's what I did anyway, have Costa and Pelle and 2m in the bank. Will monitor,what happens this weekend and may swap out for Welbeck if necessary as Arsenal have a very decent run of fixtures after Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

That's what I did anyway, have Costa and Pelle and 2m in the bank. Will monitor,what happens this weekend and may swap out for Welbeck if necessary as Arsenal have a very decent run of fixtures after Chelsea

He is in form but may get less game time now that Jovetic is back .. Currently have Aguero but debating whether to drop him for Dzeko and then upgrade Sigurdsson to Silva, with some cash spare to plug the gaps in my defence. Would be easier if Aguero would just get himself injured because it's very hard to justify dropping him!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Nichololas wrote: »
    He is in form but may get less game time now that Jovetic is back .. Currently have Aguero but debating whether to drop him for Dzeko and then upgrade Sigurdsson to Silva, with some cash spare to plug the gaps in my defence. Would be easier if Aguero would just get himself injured because it's very hard to justify dropping him!

I'm hoping he gets injured too as I don't have him and don't plan on getting him in any time soon. Although if he just keeps scoring points at his current rate that's fine, just the worry's always there that he goes mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I already have forster and Alderweireld of Saints so might downgrade alder to chambers/Wilson/ decent 4.5... Any thoughts?

This would then allow me to replace sterling with silva/ Walcott when he's back.. More thoughts?

Silva and Aguero too much city cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

Swapped Rooney for Balotelli. I'm nearly certain I will captain him. How nuts am I? Upgrade bojan for Welbeck next week. Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

conlof wrote: »
    Swapped Rooney for Balotelli. I'm nearly certain I will captain him. How nuts am I? Upgrade bojan for Welbeck next week. Opinions?

Nuts. Mainly cause you still have Bojan!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

Any sense in going Balotelli ----> Pelle? Or should I bank the free transfer? I'll be left with no liverpool coverage if I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

burrenguy wrote: »
    Any sense in going Balotelli ----> Pelle? Or should I bank the free transfer? I'll be left with no liverpool coverage if I do.

Liverpool are stinking at the moment so having no Liverpool coverage wouldn't concern me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Balotelli has been particularly bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Is there any reason to suspect that Dummett will not start for Newcastle this week. I have Wisdom and Marney unavailable and Dummett will be my only chance of points off the bench. I'm actually thinking of saving my transfer this week and making a likely treble next week but I hate the thoughts of nothing on my bench if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

Right lads thanks.

Edit: would i be better off with ulloa or pelle? Ulloa has better fixtures, but pelle plays in the better team..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

burrenguy wrote: »
    Right lads thanks.

Edit: would i be better off with ulloa or pelle? Ulloa has better fixtures, but pelle plays in the better team..

I'd go with Pelle long term. For this gameweek though Ulloa has a more favourable fixture in Burnley. Could score big potentially.
    I'm in a similar dilemma. Currently have both but need to jettison one of them for Aguero. I'll bank the transfer this week and make the decision after the international break.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'd go with Pelle long term. For this gameweek though Ulloa has a more favourable fixture in Burnley. Could score big potentially.
    I'm in a similar dilemma. Currently have both but need to jettison one of them for Aguero. I'll bank the transfer this week and make the decision after the international break.

I'm excited to have both Pelle and Ulloa for this gw but Pelle looks exceptional value over the next 6 games.

conlof wrote: »

If you listened to Second Captains today you definately wouldn't have transferred Balotelli in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wombatman wrote: »

that will change after this weekend for falcao........I'm confident of at least a goal for him......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm excited to have both Pelle and Ulloa for this gw but Pelle looks exceptional value over the next 6 games.

Agreed. Pelle also has a much stronger midfield behind him. Could see him doing big things over the remainder of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Agreed. Pelle also has a much stronger midfield behind him. Could see him doing big things over the remainder of the season.

I think you all pretty much convinced me to get Pellè in for Rooney. Originally wanted a City striker but can't afford Aguero and don't want to deplete my team elsewhere for that and don't like the uncertainty around Dzeko/Jovetic. So... Pellè it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Rooney needs to go and I really want Aguero but its not looking possible without downgrading Azpi to a 4.3m player which probably wouldn't be wise. In cheaper alternatives would Pelle or Dzeko be the way to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Looking for a bit of advise here,

Falcao or Ulloa??

Just for this week though.

I reckon I'll be holding onto Ulloa and Pellé this week and banking my transfer.

I think after the international break it's going to be very very hard to choose two from Pellé, Welbeck and Aguero to join Costa up front.

ceekay74 wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advise here,

Falcao or Ulloa??

Just for this week though.

Ulloa. He's in scintillating form and up against Burnley this gameweek. In saying that though, I feel Falcao is going to score sooner rather than later, the guy is just too good to keep drawing blanks.

• Advertisement

I reckon I'll be holding onto Ulloa and Pellé this week and banking my transfer.

I think after the international break it's going to be very very hard to choose two from Pellé, Welbeck and Aguero to join Costa up front.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Aguero is tempting me for a -4 this week for mario. Current front 3 mario costa pelle. However from next gw costa wellbeck pelle looks good for a fair few Gws. I think Ill just go without aguero this week and go mario to wellbeck as my FT next week.

My thoughts exactly.
    Aguero is tempting me for a -4 this week for mario. Current front 3 mario costa pelle. However from next gw costa wellbeck pelle looks good for a fair few Gws. I think Ill just go without aguero this week and go mario to wellbeck as my FT next week.

Pretty certain I'll go to that front three from next week too by doing Ulloa to Welbeck. Leicester have great fixtures for a while now to so it will be hard to part with him if he does well this week though.

Will give Sterling one more week and either him or Siggy out for Silva for City cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

I feel Falcao is going to score sooner rather than later, the guy is just too good to keep drawing blanks.

Yeah, me too. Just can't figure out if it'll be this week with Mata likely operating behind him!

Pretty certain I'll go to that front three from next week too by doing Ulloa to Welbeck. Leicester have great fixtures for a while now to so it will be hard to part with him if he does well this week though.

Will give Sterling one more week and either him or Siggy out for Silva for City cover.

I already have silva and Pellè so tied into that somewhat but have you given any thought to Aguero tadic as an alternative.

I already have silva and Pellè so tied into that somewhat but have you given any thought to Aguero tadic as an alternative.

Already have pelle too. His stats are fantastic so I think he's a keeper for this run of fixtures.

• Advertisement
Advertisement