Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween costumes thread

Options
  • 27-09-2014 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Soon the threads for costumes will start so let's have it all in one thread.

What to get and where to get it.

I'll kick it off: looking for a lab coat and stethoscope (GP). Or yellow hazmat suit and gas mask (Walter White).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

If a 40" regular will suit you, I've a spare lab coat which doesn't fit from my first jaunt at uni. Pm&I'll fire it over to you.

Which of the costume shops around town have the best stock of cosmetic contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Check out Dealz, was there yesterday and they have lots of masks/costumes/accessories for Halloween, they also have a few selection boxes on displays aswell. Bought my first one last week!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

biko wrote: »
    Soon the threads for costumes will start so let's have it all in one thread.

What to get and where to get it.

I'll kick it off: looking for a lab coat and stethoscope (GP). Or yellow hazmat suit and gas mask (Walter White).

I heard of someone who wore the Walter White hazmat costume recently and some non Breaking Bad fans thought he was dressed up to reference the ebola crisis! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Walter White was done to death over the last two years IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I need feathers. The rooster ones, black/green iridescent. Lots of 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭whineflu

Just remember folks that during the dressing up season people are mentally awarding you points for the following:

1. Your costume being home-made.
    2. Scary/creepy/horror value i.e actual relevance to Halloween
    3. Topicality
    4. Not having to explain to people who or what you are supposed to be.

Note: that buying a sexy playboy nurse outfit or muscle clad Mr Incredible costume on-line may be a hidden inner desire of yours but it has nothing to do with Halloween and gets you null points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

whineflu wrote: »
    Just remember folks that during the dressing up season people are mentally awarding you points for the following:

1. Your costume being home-made.
    2. Scary/creepy/horror value i.e actual relevance to Halloween
    3. Topicality
    4. Not having to explain to people who or what you are supposed to be.

Note: that buying a sexy playboy nurse outfit or muscle clad Mr Incredible costume on-line may be a hidden inner desire of yours but it has nothing to do with Halloween and gets you null points.
    I get 2 and half of the 4. Going as Skulduggery Pleasant, know full well people will be either asking me what I am all night or just mistake me for a skeleton/Lady Gaga

• Registered Users Posts: 15,661 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just wondering does anyone know where I could get like a bright yellow/green/red/orangey colour blazer for a lad? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

anyone know of a cheap suit I can make a mess of?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

I would love to be Walter white this year but I'm a female:-(

• Advertisement

I would love to be Walter white this year but I'm a female:-(
    And? If you do what I did last year which involved a bald cap and a bit of make up for a mole be grand. Also, get a fake beard and just trim it down to the Goatee and you'd be sorted! Then it's just about finding some clothes, a hat and sun glasses similar to what Walt wore in the show!

anyone know of a cheap suit I can make a mess of?
    You could spend around 30 quid in penny's for a jacket and slacks then just whatever shirt you want with it! Cheap enough and it can be a one and done style thing with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

I'd check charity shops first for a cheap suit ...then off to penny's ;)

Hey does anyone know where to find a black cape that would fit a very tall lad? Tried my luck in both Mez's & the joke shop but the best I've found only hang halfway down my leg :/ I'd settle for the directions to a seamstress or whomever would have a roll of sturdy black fabric handy even&fire up the old Stanley sewing machine to finish the job myself! :D

Hey does anyone know where to find a black cape that would fit a very tall lad? Tried my luck in both Mez's & the joke shop but the best I've found only hang halfway down my leg :/ I'd settle for the directions to a seamstress or whomever would have a roll of sturdy black fabric handy even&fire up the old Stanley sewing machine to finish the job myself! :D
    Try here buddy, they did a great cape for me before when I was going as Superman. If you're looking for super cheap probably not the way to go but my cape was like 40 quid with them (including cost of cape) so it may be worth it!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Try here buddy, they did a great cape for me before when I was going as Superman. If you're looking for super cheap probably not the way to go but my cape was like 40 quid with them (including cost of cape) so it may be worth it!

Much obliged, will give them a looksie; a good quality cape will keep for other uses past this year :D

Advertisement