Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Lanegan band Ireland tour 2015

Options
  • 27-09-2014 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

3 shows in January.On sale now!!

Jan 15 Seapoint Galway, Ireland
    Jan 16 Limelight Belfast, United Kingdom
    Jan 17 Academy Dublin, Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Saw him in the Roisín Dubh a few years back and he was fantastic. Definitely will try and head along. His voice sounds even better live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Always good to have a gig in January to beat those post Christmas blues - and always good to see Lanegan (hopefully he won't be too cranky :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Does he ever play "The River Rise" live?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Don't think so, and this is Mark Lanegan Band, so even less likely. He was in the Sugar Club last November and did mostly stuff from Imitations and Black Pudding, but a fair few ML band songs too. Halo of Ashes was completely unexpected for me too. I'd expect a good few from the recent EP and Blues Funeral, as he has the band with him.
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mark-lanegan/2013/the-sugar-club-dublin-ireland-2bc4ac3a.html

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

I have seen him many times & I have heard it played, in fact he played it at the Academy gig 25/8/10 http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mark-lanegan/2010/the-academy-dublin-ireland-7bd5860c.html .

Though as cruhoortwunk says, as the Jan 2015 gig is billed as "The Mark Lanegan Band" I would imagine he will be playing his new album, Blues Funeral & his heavier band material.

• Advertisement

Wheeker wrote: »
    I have seen him many times & I have heard it played, in fact he played it at the Academy gig 25/8/10 http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mark-lanegan/2010/the-academy-dublin-ireland-7bd5860c.html .

Though as cruhoortwunk says, as the Jan 2015 gig is billed as "The Mark Lanegan Band" I would imagine he will be playing his new album, Blues Funeral & his heavier band material.

That was a great set list that year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Dublin on January 17 is sold out, extra date on January 18 goes on sale Friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm away for all these dates...this is sad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

both Dublin gigs now sold out. It would be great if he plays a bigger venue like vicar Street next time he plays Dublin. Hope the Galway and Belfast gigs sell well too. Not long to wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anyone think he may be back around for Electric Picnic?

• Advertisement

He does play Europe a fair bit. He was here for Longitude in 13, not the best fit for a bright sunny June afternoon, but still enjoyed it

Peter File wrote: »
    both Dublin gigs now sold out. It would be great if he plays a bigger venue like vicar Street next time he plays Dublin. Hope the Galway and Belfast gigs sell well too. Not long to wait now!

There are still a very limited amount of tickets available for the Sunday!

Really looking forward to this now!
    I been getting more and more into his stuff over the last few months.

The new album sounds brilliant too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Hope everyone going has a great time - I can't make any of the gigs unfortunately :( Saw him a few years back in the Róisín Dubh and it was savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭muddle84

Fantastic Gig. Played a big mix of oldish and new stuff even some soulsavers. It was my first time seeing him and was well impressed. He even sat out down the back to sign copies of posters and get photos taken after the gig.
    The support act ( Sean and Zander) was really cool too.
    I didn't even know that venue existed in Galway!!!!

muddle84 wrote: »
    Fantastic Gig. Played a big mix of oldish and new stuff even some soulsavers. It was my first time seeing him and was well impressed. He even sat out down the back to sign copies of posters and get photos taken after the gig.
    The support act ( Sean and Zander) was really cool too.
    I didn't even know that venue existed in Galway!!!!

He always stays around and signs stuff recently all right. Got a poster signed in 2012 from the Academy gig. It's framed now looks very well. Although the missus isnt that keen on it being in the spare room:
    http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.ie/2012/02/exclusive-world-premiere-mark-lanegan.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

anyone think mark wahlberg in his new film looks like a "healthier" mark lanegan

Pretty disappointing gig last night it must be said.

The sound engineer was diabolical!
    Mark's vocals needed to be turned up on night!

Great band, great setlist, poor concert!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pretty disappointing gig last night it must be said.

The sound engineer was diabolical!
    Mark's vocals needed to be turned up on night!

Great band, great setlist, poor concert!

I blagged my way upstairs after two songs, sound was **** downstairs and there were dickheads talking everywhere.

Much better! Sound was great, no **** chatting and a great view. Great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MrJangles

Fantastic gigs overall, really enjoying the electronic sound on the new songs, pity about some people who just talk through the whole thing though, it's been mentioned before but I just don't get why people pay nearly €30 for a ticket when they have no interest in the gig.

Great surprises last night were Low & Dead On You (the latter very very rarely played, if ever, as far as I Know).

MrJangles wrote: »
    Fantastic gigs overall, really enjoying the electronic sound on the new songs, pity about some people who just talk through the whole thing though, it's been mentioned before but I just don't get why people pay nearly €30 for a ticket when they have no interest in the gig.

Great surprises last night were Low & Dead On You (the latter very very rarely played, if ever, as far as I Know).

Drunk twats always a problem fro weekend gigs. I was at the Saturday show, must have played Dead on You on Sunday?
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mark-lanegan/2015/the-academy-dublin-ireland-1bca95a0.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭MoeJay

Reports from Belfast also indicated the sound was not great, keyboard very high in the mix. I was there on Saturday and I thought that I saw a bit of tweaking throughout but also thought the keys were still very high up - maybe that's the sound they are going for...

Still I enjoyed it, great show, 2nd time seeing Sean and Zander and I would be a fan of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MrJangles

Drunk twats always a problem fro weekend gigs. I was at the Saturday show, must have played Dead on You on Sunday?

Yep, Dead On You played on Sunday. I'd say there was about 7 or so added/different songs played on Sunday including When Your Number Isn't Up, Dead On You, Low, Revival, Killing Season & I Am The Wolf, plus maybe one or two others I'm missing.

Played until 11pm on Sunday, I think Sat was cut short (10.30) as the club night in the Academy starts at 11 on Saturdays.

MrJangles wrote: »
    Yep, Dead On You played on Sunday. I'd say there was about 7 or so added/different songs played on Sunday including When Your Number Isn't Up, Dead On You, Low, Revival, Killing Season & I Am The Wolf, plus maybe one or two others I'm missing.

Played until 11pm on Sunday, I think Sat was cut short (10.30) as the club night in the Academy starts at 11 on Saturdays.

Ah balls I picked the wrong night, seemed to play a good few extra in Galway too

Ah balls I picked the wrong night, seemed to play a good few extra in Galway too

20 songs on Saturday, 20 in Galway, 19 in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Mark Lanegan started at 9.31pm last night, Sunday night, and ended at 11.08pm. I enjoyed the gig last night, I thought the sound was good!:)

I reckon the three bands just started earlier on Saturday, perhaps because there's a club in the Academy on Saturdays?

On Saturday, the first support was listed on The Academy's facebook page as Sean and Zander, starting at 7.45pm, then The Faye Dunaways 8.20pm and Mark Lanegan to start at 9pm.

The first support last night, The Faye Dunaways, started at 8pm and ended at 8.24pm and then Sean and Zander played from 8.40pm till 9.15pm.

On Sunday, the Mark Lanegan setlist was:

When Your Number Isn't Up
    Dead On You
    Low
    The Deepest Shade
    Sleep With Me
    One Way Street
    Gravediggers Song
    Harvest Home
    Quiver Syndrome
    Gray Goes Black
    Seventh Day
    Hit The City
    Ode To Sad Disco
    Floor Of The Ocean
    Torn Red Heart
    Riot In My House
    Harborview Hospital
    Black Rose Way
    Death Trip To Tulsa

Revival
    I Am The Wolf
    The Killing Season
    Methamphetamine Blues

The Nal wrote: »
    20 songs on Saturday, 20 in Galway, 19 in Belfast.
    The Galway one had 2 more songs in the encore a few days ago, beenm edited down since

The Nal wrote: »
    I blagged my way upstairs after two songs, sound was **** downstairs and there were dickheads talking everywhere.

Much better! Sound was great, no **** chatting and a great view. Great gig.

Ah, that sucks!
    I'm glad you got a good sound tho.

I felt like strangling the damn sound engineer all night. He just seemed very incapable of getting it right. Pity because the set list was pretty sweet. As a result of the ****ty sound I think the audience just got restless and started yapping, there were loads around me rabbiting on, I couldn't really blame them, the gig never stood a chance of taking off due to the dreadful mix!

I'll definitely catch Mark the next time he's around, the more stuff i listen to the more I like him, incredible musician! Hopefully its in a better venue next time! damn if I could turn back time I'd be at that Sugar Club show!

Did anybody hang around to talk to him after?
    I was so pissed I just bailed outta there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Ah, that sucks!
    I'm glad you got a good sound tho.

I felt like strangling the damn sound engineer all night. He just seemed very incapable of getting it right. Pity because the set list was pretty sweet. As a result of the ****ty sound I think the audience just got restless and started yapping, there were loads around me rabbiting on, I couldn't really blame them, the gig never stood a chance of taking off due to the dreadful mix!

I'll definitely catch Mark the next time he's around, the more stuff i listen to the more I like him, incredible musician! Hopefully its in a better venue next time! damn if I could turn back time I'd be at that Sugar Club show!

Did anybody hang around to talk to him after?
    I was so pissed I just bailed outta there!

Where is the venue were you standing

I find that the sound in the Academy is good further away from the stage, in front of the sound desk.

Where is the venue were you standing

I find that the sound in the Academy is good further away from the stage, in front of the sound desk.

I was down on the floor, pretty central.

It's a real pain when something likes this happens, I can't stand when a good gig is ruined by terrible sound!

• Advertisement

I was down on the floor, pretty central.

It's a real pain when something likes this happens, I can't stand when a good gig is ruined by terrible sound!

The sound down the back right was crap too. Moved upstairs and it was perfect.

Advertisement