Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Lanegan band Ireland tour 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I was down on the floor, pretty central.

It's a real pain when something likes this happens, I can't stand when a good gig is ruined by terrible sound!

Maybe they improved the sound the second night, I thought it was ok.

I like the Academy because it's a wide enough floor area that we can stand quite centrally between the two sets of speakers located either side of the stage.

I find at gigs in any venue, if I stand too much to the left or right, of the stage, that the sound deteriorates and there's a less full sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Maybe they improved the sound the second night, I thought it was ok.

I like the Academy because it's a wide enough floor area that we can stand quite centrally between the two sets of speakers located either side of the stage.

I find at gigs in any venue, if I stand too much to the left or right, of the stage, that the sound deteriorates and there's a less full sound.

The Academy was absolutely jammed on Saturday night, moving wasn't really an option.

Hopefully they did, Mark seemed a little put out by the fact that the crowd for the most part were not getting into it.

Ah well, I'll catch him next time he is around!

So did nobody go talk to him?
    Very cool that he hung around to chat to people and sign things!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

The Academy was absolutely jammed on Saturday night, moving wasn't really an option.

Hopefully they did, Mark seemed a little put out by the fact that the crowd for the most part were not getting into it.

Ah well, I'll catch him next time he is around!

So did nobody go talk to him?
    Very cool that he hung around to chat to people and sign things!

He signed at the merchandise stand on Sunday night, not too long after the gig ended, which was pretty cool!. Zander Schloss was nearby to sign stuff also!:)

Mark Lanegan also signed after the gig in the Sugar Club in November 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I met him after the gig. My mam was meant to go to the gig, but she was sick. I said it to him, so he wrote a note for her
    'Sorry I missed you
    Get well soon
    Mark Lanegan'

A nice touch from him.

I met him after the gig. My mam was meant to go to the gig, but she was sick. I said it to him, so he wrote a note for her
    'Sorry I missed you
    Get well soon
    Mark Lanegan'

A nice touch from him.

Cool Story! Thanks for sharing!
    What an absolute dude!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Where is the venue were you standing

I find that the sound in the Academy is good further away from the stage, in front of the sound desk.

Rule #1 of gigs. Always stand next to the sound deck for the best sound.

gaius c wrote: »
    Rule #1 of gigs. Always stand next to the sound deck for the best sound.

A few people I know where positioned directly behind the sound engineer and also said the sound was pathetic!

From their position the guitarist to Mark's right was non existent in the mix!

A terribly poor night from the sound engineer! An ever increasing problem for live music these days I find!

Advertisement