Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iStore, is anybody else's not working tonight?

• 27-09-2014 7:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi all. My iStore was working fine yesterday, no luck this evening, just a white homepage. Whats the story?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

What’s an iStore?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

iTunes Store I mean

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Oh, ha!

It’s okay here. Are you on PC or Mac? Have you tried restarting?

On a PC. Its a Toshiba Satellite A-something, W7. I'll restart it now.

Done. Still the same. The top part of the page has the "File, edit view controls" etc., under that is a black bar with left and right arrows on the left side, and "library" on the right. Under that is all white. It doesn't even say "iTunes Store" in the middle. Whenever I try and reload, or type a song in the search box, the bar at the top goes from left to right as if its going to work, but when it gets all the way across, nothing. Just a white page as described above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

I'm on a toshiba PC here - W7 too, and the itunes store is fine. Maybe it's a broadband thing - when the broadband is tetchy the first thing to be effected on my PC is itunes store, it goes blank. Did you do a speedtest?

Nope. How do you do that?

Just did one there now. Download speed 1.20Mbps, upload speed 983Kbps. Is that good or bad?

The page is www.speedtest.net (there are others, but this one is easy to work) - my broadband speed here can go from 12 or 13mbps (that's as good as it can get for me) to a rotten less than 1mbps - and then the itunes store seems to just refuse to work.

newmug wrote: »
    Just did one there now. Download speed 1.20Mbps, upload speed 983Kbps. Is that good or bad?

very slow - try that speedtest later and if it's better see if that corresponds to whether your itunes store is up and running. I really am no expert - I'm only going by what way it goes on my PC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement