Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fired Oklahoma worker beheads female colleague

• 27-09-2014 7:53pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29387124
    A man in Oklahoma has beheaded one woman and wounded another after being fired from his job, police have said.
    Alton Nolen, 30, attacked the two women at Vaughan Foods distribution plant in Moore, Oklahoma on Thursday afternoon.
    The attack was stopped when the CEO of the plant, Mark Vaughan, who is also a police reserve deputy, shot and injured him.
    Talk about losing your head when getting fired!
    or in this case someone else’s :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Talk about losing your head when getting fired!
    or in this case someone else’s :(

Seriously dude uncalled for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Becoming very fashionable to lob someone's head off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Gatling wrote: »

Way out of order.

Now let's commence the outpouring of faux-sympathy and superficial RIP comments.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

RIP

It's more of an observation on the reaction of people when they lose their job that they feel that it's OK to murder a (former) colleague.

No one deserves to die like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

No one deserves to die like that.

Ah now, at least she got on the news.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Just as well the other employee decided to bring a gun to the knife-fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

What the hell is with all the beheadings of late? What an utterly barbaric thing to do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Wonder will Obama & his scumbag mates in Nato send in some airstrikes on top of Oklahoma.

This gets worse, he may have planned it!
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29408139
    An Oklahoma man accused of beheaded his co-worker with a knife on Thursday is to be charged with murder. But it's still unclear whether the alleged attack was carried out in a wild fury, as a response to being fired, or whether it was an act of jihad.
    On the highway outside the Vaughan Foods processing plant in the suburban town of Moore, on the edge of Oklahoma City, a small memorial of yellow flowers and American flags has appeared.
    It marks the violence that took place here last week, when police say Alton Nolen took his work knife and used it to behead one woman and seriously injure another.
    What first appeared to be a horrific example of an angry employee "going postal" took an unexpected turn when police said Nolen had been trying to convert his workmates to Islam in the weeks before the crime.

If true, it will be a case of terrorism of the worst kind, and a tactic that is almost impossible to stop without alienating the entire Muslim community.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

If true, it will be a case of terrorism of the worst kind, and a tactic that is almost impossible to stop without alienating the entire Muslim community.
    Obviously the man was mentally ill. Nothing else to discuss here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Sound. Wrap it up, the Bomber has spoken..,,,,...wut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Rabbo wrote: »
    What the hell is with all the beheadings of late? What an utterly barbaric thing to do
    It's their culture dontchaknow

Not a lot to discuss man had brake down kills others get shot .

Just highlights the lack of mental health care states side .

The imam at his mosk was concerned by his errdic behaviour for several weeks .
    Include falling asleep during worship and acting aggressive to members of his congregation.

Planned as jihad my ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Some nutter posted a call to arms. I really dont know why someone that hardcore Islamic even lives in the west.

Sound. Wrap it up, the Bomber has spoken..,,,,...wut?
    I don't know why this man did it. Though the double standards both here and the media are undeniable. I post a similar story about a Zionist Jew cutting off someone's head - A crime I believe STILL has yet to be reported in the English speaking mainstream press and literally within 2 minutes I am getting called an anti-semite by Nodin and the only permissable opinion to hold is that the Jewish killer was mental and not a single mention here of mental illness when it's a Muslim. The hypocrisy is pukeworthy.

biko wrote: »
    It's their culture dontchaknow
    I'm sorry, whose culture? Are you referring to Americans? black Americans? Muslim Americans? Black Muslim Americans?

And what are you basing this on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I don't know why this man did it. Though the double standards both here and the media are undeniable. I post a similar story about a Zionist Jew cutting off someone's head - A crime I believe STILL has yet to be reported in the English speaking mainstream press and literally within 2 minutes I am getting called an anti-semite by Nodin and the only permissable opinion to hold is that the Jewish killer was mental and not a single mention here of mental illness when it's a Muslim. The hypocrisy is pukeworthy.

Careful now lads we don't want any of that beheading craic in AH.

Careful now lads we don't want any of that beheading craic in AH.
    I'm not the brightest. Could you please dumb down what you are getting at here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

He may have planned it, but still been a few cards short of the full deck.

"If Nolen was acting alone, he could be what Oklahoma University Middle East scholar, Joshua Landis, describes as a "psychotic copycat".

"Here we are with our intelligence spread out to get returning jihadis and yet the psychotic copycats are the real danger," he says.

The violent images posted on social media by Islamic militants could easily destabilise people who have no connection to Middle East, Landis says. The IS videos showing the beheading of American citizens James Foley and Steven Sotloff had a huge impact in the US.

"People who clearly feel paranoid or have delusions of grandeur may want to participate in some greater drama," suggests Landis. "
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29408139

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Garth Brooks, he's also from Oklahoma, he should have taken the head of your man in Dublin City Council.

It's American media bs .

The same media outlets constantly going on about an isis invasion coming from the Mexican border .

I'm sorry, whose culture?
    Travellers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

It's American media bs .

The same media outlets constantly going on about an isis invasion coming from the Mexican border .

Hmm maybe it's time to learn them pesky Mexicans a thing or two about "freedom".

Travellers
    I think we both know that this Black, Muslim American wasn't a traveller so I hope I am wrong on this so I hope you can clear this up, it would be utterly spineless to make a racist/bigoted generalisaion on a hit-and-run and not own it

. I'm just not sure which canard you have gone for , that it is a) "Part of" the black American man's culture to attack and kill white women or "part of" the Muslim American man's culture to kill non-Muslims?

I only focused on him being a recent convert to Islam and that he had tried to convert workmates to Islam too. Seems he was pretty radical.

Actually I didn't even think about him being black and her white. Funny you should bring it up. I guess you're not colour blind..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

its monkey see, monkey do..

so long as be-headings are available to watch online, people will imitate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I'm confused. Who are we outraged against. Is the Muslims or the Jews. Or the blacks? Or CEOs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I'm confused. Who are we outraged against. Is the Muslims or the Jews. Or the blacks? Or CEOs?

the head chopper offers.........I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dimcoin

Despite what people are saying I don't think it was because of yhe mans race. He was just crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Obviously...

The whole face book Islamic fighters thing/alleged Islamic quotes/reported argument re stoning/copycat beheading etc. is just a coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

He was influenced by a, frankly, crazy cult. Clearly his mind, body and soul were miles away from being in perfect balance with one another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Not sure why everyone assuming he is mentally ill - people who are not mentally ill do horrible things everyday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Or you could, oh Im just throwing this out there, allow people the ability to defend themselves.

Just saying....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

To save time describing thing American media use "going postal".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Ah now, at least she got on the news.
    Garth Brooks, he's also from Oklahoma, he should have taken the head of your man in Dublin City Council.

Never ceases to amaze me that even on AH people can still make jokes about a woman having her head cut off.
    Pathetic.

I only focused on him being a recent convert to Islam and that he had tried to convert workmates to Islam too. Seems he was pretty radical..
    On the contrary. You focused on his CULTURE i.e. him and people like him. Only you weren't clear on which direction you focusing your negative steretypes and crass generalisation towards, which of society's punchbags you were laying into; blacks or Muslims (or both). Which is why I asked you to be more specific.

Which takes me back to the original question then: As far as I am aware the closest a black American Muslim has come to taking off someone's head in America was Muhammed Ali vs Terrel in the 60's. So I ask again what are you basing your claim that beheading is part of their culture?
    Actually I didn't even think about him being black and her white. Funny you should bring it up. I guess you're not colour blind..
    I'll be sure to tell my brown skinned wife. She'll be very disapointed.

Obviously...

The whole face book Islamic fighters thing/alleged Islamic quotes/reported argument re stoning/copycat beheading etc. is just a coincidence.

Were were you when the "mentally ill" Zionist Jew who followed all these same patterns cut off someone's head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Were were you when the "mentally ill" Zionist Jew who followed all these same patterns cut off someone's head?

Where was I? Right here!

Anyway...yup, read it the first time round, although reiterating your point certainly ensures no body might miss it. Your point was made, and noted, first time round. Feel free to post it again though, don't let me stop you.

the Italian man was clearly mentally ill. And supposedly on qualudes. The head chopping bit might have been part of a plan to dispose of the body by dismemberment, and separation into plastic bags for disposal. We'll never know, he got his deserts. There was no posting it on facebook, with cries that his particular "god is great" How disappointed would you be you if his Zionist tendencies had nothing to do with his motive, and he was just a common garden, hallucinating nut, whose unrequited love was the motive for this heinous act?

However, decapitation does not appear to be norm for modern Jews, nor am i aware there a pattern, whereas there does appear to be somewhat of a trend among some some modern day Muslims, in some parts of the world, for lopping off a head hear and there, both Muslim and infidel, whether as part of some bullshyt judicial process, or part of some jihad purification process. What ever. So yes, he gets away easily with being mentally ill ( is this the provenance of your quotes, is there a suggestion you disagree?), whereas our friend in Oklahoma, while more than likely mentally ill, although possibly not, is exposed to more scrutiny because of his alleged actions/quotes/facebook status etc. At least there'll be a chance to ask him.

Indeed, I'd argue that all religions are a level of mental illness, but that's another days work...

Advertisement