Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

have the irish learned anything

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Still wondering: why are Irish people going on about "the Irish" and "they/them" as if they're a separate entity to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Thank you. My new word for today.

Plenty of evidence here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057249879
    that the Irish have truly learned little, with a low regard for the law of their land, and a poor sense of reality as they grasp for every half-baked or red herring excuse to justify their tough talk on how they will not pay their way and instead expect something for nothing. As with the property tax, it is like watching the tantrum of young child trying to resist being taught to do the right thing by its parents - but they will all end up paying in the end.

The fcukan Germans should have been nuked in 1945. That'd have solved most of it before it (re-)started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

jimgoose wrote: »
    The fcukan Germans should have been nuked in 1945. That'd have solved most of it before it (re-)started.

The war with Germany was over before the first atomic bomb was ready in July 1045.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The war with Germany was over before the first atomic bomb was ready in July 1045.

So what? Kindest thing for a mad dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Well, my contact in the retail sector has confided in me that sales of barely fresh demi-baguettes with "butter" and fresh yesterday sausages served with eggs and bacon that look like they come from a child's play food set from Toymaster, have increased two-fold in recent times.

We'll never learn, sadly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I can see that the Celtic Tiger is really revving up in my local area again.

Let's all get jobs in incredibly volatile industries and borrow 15 times our yearly wage and blame the gubbermint when it inevitably all goes tits up.

The Irish. We love having the craic and not thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

"We"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

KungPao wrote: »
    Well, my contact in the retail sector has confided in me that sales of barely fresh demi-baguettes with "butter" and fresh yesterday sausages served with eggs and bacon that look like they come from a child's play food set from Toymaster, have increased two-fold in recent times.

We'll never learn, sadly.

Maybe the 6 year lul in breakfast roll sales has saved a few hundred lives!

every cloud etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭EmilyHoward

Still wondering: why are Irish people going on about "the Irish" and "they/them" as if they're a separate entity to them?

There's over half a million foreign nationals in Ireland , (Source : http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/500000-foreign-nationals-are-now-calling-ireland-home-28817542.html )

As immigrants generally are from younger generations, chances are more of them use the internet so my guess is a good percentage of boards.ie users in Ireland are foreign nationals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement