Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the most disturbing thing you have witnessed?

• 27-09-2014 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Serious replies please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Serious replies please

After you.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bored.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Scene of a car crash right after it happened. Some guy drove head on into a car with a woman, her mother and her kids. They died. He was thrown though the windscreen and landed smack dab right in the middle of the road. I think it was ruled as a suicide by himself and the selfish pr1ck decided to take others out with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I saw a traveller walking around in the middle of the day with skin tight shorts and a vest, two hands down his jocks with not a care in the world.

Very disturbing altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

Someone called to the door today during the All Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I saw someone ask a Dublin bus driver for their change once....

The horror

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Fianna Fail regain popularity...now thats disturbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Balbriggan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

With my own eyes, a small dog getting run over by a DART at Raheny station even though the emergency brakes were used. Everyone on the platform turned away except for me for some reason, hoping it would get away from the rail and into the middle in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Mariasofia wrote: »
    After you.....

I heard a Cork person try to speak English, happy:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Walking up Capwell road in Cork.I got to the junction at the top to find two guys stomping another guys head on the steps.I called out and they ran off.I ran over to him and I cant describe how mashed this guys face was.No nose,teeth.Everything smashed to pulp, nothing that resembled a face,grunting and blowing bubbles.A guy and a girl come out of a house a minute or two later and drag him in the door and told me to **** off.

I call the cops and tell them what I saw and never hear anything back.But his face...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Young drunk lad walking in the middle of the road after I kicked him out of the pub for causing trouble get ploughed down by a car that didn't even see him.

He bounced 15ft in the air and landed 34ft from where the skid marked started.

Thankfully he was a ok 3 weeks later but the Garda kept the road closed till the next day at 13.00 because they didn't know if he would survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

I heard a Cork person try to speak English, happy:p

/Sighs and shakes head.....
    Oh John.....first the shyte thread and now the shyte reply!! ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Saw a car upside down in ditch on the way home from a night club. Taxi driver pulled over as it had just happened. We got out to help...poor lad was gone to a better place...very sobering.

Slide tackled a lad in a friendly game, bust my knee, got up to see the other lads leg broken in 2 places and facing the wrong direction. Not a nice experience

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Saw a lad get kicked to death outside a nighclub years ago.

The guards tracked me down to give an account ascto what i saw. Told them as much as i recounted.

Think one guy got 3 or 4 years for manslaughter for it.

Horrible thinking back now....so thanks op for making me remember that sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time...like tears in rain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

A mate went through glass door and opened his wrist.....blood everywhere, thought he would die, thank God he did not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This fella started a thread on AH and didn't even offer his own opin....

I'm sorry.. I just.. I can't go on :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

A female cyclist dying on the road after being struck by a (hit and run) driver. I was cycling not far behind her. It's something that will never leave me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

A bird fell from the chimney into the stove whist the fire was lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dimcoin

I spent three years sailing around Asia. It was disturbing to see how delicate the situation of peace is in Asia atm. Its not something you saw at once, but im not sharing that on the internet lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭kiteman

Mid 1980's on an airshow skydive over Farrenfore co Kerry. I went up in a Cessna 150 2 seater and the cloud base was too low to do the jump, so local ATC gave us a hold pattern west of the airfield.
    I spotted an incoming aircraft on our level about 2 miles away, heading our way.
    I presumed the pilot saw him also. Seconds later, with less than 1/2 mile to making contact I shouted and pointed. The pilot took a radical left turn and the incoming aircraft missed us by a few feet.
    I learned a big lesson that day, in the air presume nothing, discuss everything.

kiteman wrote: »
    Mid 1980's on an airshow skydive over Farrenfore co Kerry. I went up in a Cessna 150 2 seater and the cloud base was too low to do the jump, so local ATC gave us a hold pattern west of the airfield.
    I spotted an incoming aircraft on our level about 2 miles away, heading our way.
    I presumed the pilot saw him also. Seconds later, with less than 1/2 mile to making contact I shouted and pointed. The pilot took a radical left turn and the incoming aircraft missed us by a few feet.
    I learned a big lesson that day, in the air presume nothing, discuss everything.

I saw the aircrash at Fairyhouse in the mid 1980s. A Yugoslav pilot was killed. I just remember a mood of shock and looks of shock on the faces of experienced airforce and army people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

When I was a kid I spent a good bit of time out in the truck with my dad.

We were in a sawmill in Leitrim one day and a young lad sawed his arm off, the amount of blood was unreal, panic and screaming, this was in the 70's beefier many folks had much first aid training and there were no mobile phones either.

At work a few years ago and a lad on the machine beside me caught his hand between two hydraulic rams, flattened his hand to 2 mm. He was caught for maybe 15 minutes, went from laughing to crying to screaming the place down, wen we got his hand out his rubber glove wasn't even punctured, just a blob of goo on the end of his arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

dimcoin wrote: »
    I spent three years sailing around Asia. It was disturbing to see how delicate the situation of peace is in Asia atm. Its not something you saw at once, but im not sharing that on the internet lol.

Ok Kim Jong-Un.

porsche959 wrote: »
    I saw the aircrash at Fairyhouse in the mid 1980s. A Yugoslav pilot was killed. I just remember a mood of shock and looks of shock on the faces of experienced airforce and army people.

I was a member of the Irish parachute club demo crew that day and we were standing in a group (all 22 of us) in the aircraft park, when the 3 wilga aircraft from Poland I believe, made their final 90 degree turn to land. The first and third succeeded but the middle aircraft just continued turning till it crashlanded about 20 yards from where we were standing. I can still see the exhaust box and a section of the undercarriage going over our heads.
    20 yards closer and he would have wiped out the 22 most experienced Irish skydivers at that time.
    Despite the crash and the death of the pilot, the show continued, and we were scheduled to fly out 30 minutes later, having completed our 2 jump demonstration.
    Believe it or not we were on a shorts skyvan, used for ferrying horse boxes, and it was returning to its base in shannon airport. We were exiting over our parachute club near Edenderry co. Offally enroute.
    It was an unusually quiet 25 minute flight back, with a lot of rattled skydivers who had just experienced first hand, how unforgiving aviation sports can be when things go wrong, and how close we were to being wiped out.
    22 of us exited the skyvan at over 15000 feet and parachuted quietly to our club runway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I walked in on my da having a ****

I was a member of the Irish parachute club demo crew that day and we were standing in a group (all 22 of us) in the aircraft park, when the 3 wilga aircraft from Poland I believe, made their final 90 degree turn to land. The first and third succeeded but the middle aircraft just continued turning till it crashlanded about 20 yards from where we were standing. I can still see the exhaust box and a section of the undercarriage going over our heads.
    20 yards closer and he would have wiped out the 22 most experienced Irish skydivers at that time.
    Despite the crash and the death of the pilot, the show continued, and we were scheduled to fly out 30 minutes later, having completed our 2 jump demonstration.
    Believe it or not we were on a shorts skyvan, used for ferrying horse boxes, and it was returning to its base in shannon airport. We were exiting over our parachute club near Edenderry co. Offally enroute.
    It was an unusually quiet 25 minute flight back, with a lot of rattled skydivers who had just experienced first hand, how unforgiving aviation sports can be when things go wrong, and how close we were to being wiped out.
    22 of us exited the skyvan at over 15000 feet and parachuted quietly to our club runway.

Thanks for your recollections. Yes, I do remember the parachuters near the crash site. Lucky escape for you guys! I also remember the show continuing. My father was disgusted at this I recall.

• Advertisement

porsche959 wrote: »
    Thanks for your recollections. Yes, I do remember the parachuters near the crash site. Lucky escape for you guys! I also remember the show continuing. My father was disgusted at this I recall.

I just researched the pilots name, he was Jan Baran .
    At the time we were told he was a Boeing 747 pilot with Polish airlines.

I've also located a photo of the 3 Wilga aircraft in formation shortly before the crash.
    As I have less than 50 posts I'm precluded from posting a photo.
    Anyone want to offer an email address I can forward the photo to, so it can be uploaded.

I just researched the pilots name, he was Jan Baran .
    At the time we were told he was a Boeing 747 pilot with Polish airlines.

I've also located a photo of the 3 Wilga aircraft in formation shortly before the crash.
    As I have less than 50 posts I'm precluded from posting a photo.
    Anyone want to offer an email address I can forward the photo to, so it can be uploaded.

Jans Barans and he 2 team mates had just won the european slow flying formation cup,in their 3 wilga aircraft the previous week.

This we were also told later that weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Saw a lad lick a urinal that I had just pissed in so he could win a bet. Karma Nightclub has never looked the same since.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 TheEnigma

An ulster man wearing a Kerry Jersey, playing full forward for them last week

• Registered Users Posts: 27 187187

Most people voting the present goverment in.

When will we ever learn?..
    ....Never.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Bandito909

Griever931 wrote: »

Chicken or turkey?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

I found a suicide note on a tree in a park in Dublin a few days before Christmas in 2012. It wasn't addressed to anyone in particular, and it was just signed with a first name. I didn't know what to do, I just read it silently to myself as did my girlfriend and we walked away. Always, always something I will remember.

Another one worth mentioning. I saw an obese father, with his equally obese son in burger King adding packets of sugar to their large soft drinks. The kid was no more than 12 years old. This is something that sticks in my mind, the poor kid probably hasn't got a clue what he is doing to himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Griever931 wrote: »

This bothered me more than any other post.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Being in A&E in Beaumont Hospital on a Friday night 5 years back after trying to do myself in when a group of goons came in from Barcode with two of them in a bad way faces had been kicked in, loads of blood, 40 minutes later the guys they had been fighting with turned up to restart the fight, I got admitted just as it was going on so never found out what happened but was some scary ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

I was doing a bit of maintenance work in Pats hospital many years ago and didn't realise the room I was working in was actually right beside the room they used for electric shock treatment, I heard a kind of a tortured mumble and looked through these glass doors to see a woman's head violently shake as she tried to scream, her mouth had something in it to stop the noise but I still heard it. Also was working in the same hospital a few weeks later and had to replace some filters in an air con unit, I walked in to find it was in the mortuary...body on slab, covered up thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Stand up sex in the middle of the day on O'Connell street featuring a mature lady and young gentleman in passionate embrace. *flushes toilet*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Doom wrote: »
    A mate went through class door and opened his wrist.....blood everywhere, thought he would die, thank God he did not.

Went through a class door myself once too. Ended up in a classroom....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

On a Dart, ready to step out the doors - and they open right in front of a person lying in an alcove, blue, eyes open with a pool of blood around his head.

Not sure what happened, but in retrospect, think he might have jumped from the pedestrian bridge crossing the platform.

Wonder who he was or if he was missed - you see "R.I.P. Crept" graffiti on the platform beside where this happened, but (after Googling a bit) that's definitely unrelated, for someone much younger than he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

My mum was run over by a guy when she was going to mass.

The sound of a life support machine. That awful machine breathing for someone their lungs filling with air, up and down, up and down, Good jeasus, it's horrible.. Fuk, I hope I never hear that again.
    My son, out of nowhere asked in all honestly, could I leave my mobile phone in the coffin so granny could call him, nearly lost it at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

The sound of a life support machine. That awful machine breathing for someone their lungs filling with air, up and down, up and down, Good jeasus, it's horrible.. Fuk, I hope I never hear that again.
    My son, out of nowhere asked in all honestly, could I leave my mobile phone in the coffin so granny could call him, nearly lost it at that.

So sorry to hear that Fallschirmjager.

I think my worst was a motorcyclist who got in an accident on Dame Street. I don't know what happened, but as I walked by, I could hear his moans, and I've never forgotten that sound.

What made it even more horrible was the crowd around staring and chatting excitedly like it was some kind of show. The guards and the ambulance were already there, but I actually saw a woman pushing her child forward so that she could get a better look. I don't understand some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

So sorry to hear that Fallschirmjager.

I think my worst was a motorcyclist who got in an accident on Dame Street. I don't know what happened, but as I walked by, I could hear his moans, and I've never forgotten that sound.

What made it even more horrible was the crowd around staring and chatting excitedly like it was some kind of show. The guards and the ambulance were already there, but I actually saw a woman pushing her child forward so that she could get a better look. I don't understand some people.

Oh my god, people are vultures. I don't understand how people can witness an accident or an emergency in the streets and not do anything except watch or take snapshots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

The look of disappointment on my friends face as he opened a promising ground safe to discover mere jam jars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Around the year 2000/01 this weird English fella appeared around the small town in county Limerick where i live. He would nurse a glass of coke for the night and myself and my brother spoke to him a few times. Just small talk..
    I remember him being very vague about what brought him to Ireland or where he was staying etc

Odd as two left shoes he was.

Months later he was all over the news.

Myself and my brother are 99% sure to this day it was Richard Reid the shoebomber..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Reid

He stayed around for 2 or 3 weeks then he disappeared.

A strange fish but never gave any hints about what he was involved in.

Christ, that was tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Serious replies please
    endacl wrote: »
    You first.
    I heard a Cork person try to speak English
    That wasn't very serious.

Are you looking for gore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

biko wrote: »
    That wasn't very serious.

Are you looking for gore?

Not necessarily. Just something along the lines of "what's your favourite colour. My favourite colour is blue", or something. I'd hope a thread opener would take a bit of interest in their own thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement