Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding invite comparable to a summons

• 28-09-2014 12:34am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭

Sitting here bored off my hole watching awkward 50 year old white women dancing awkwardly to the killers fcuk me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

I think a lot of it has to do with the attitude you have going. As in if you want to be there you will have fun and if you don't want to be there you will start treads on boards about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The bane of my life....

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

If you really didn't want to go, then you should have just made an excuse and RSVPed "No".

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Are u in the Headfort Kells?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭okioffice84

Wedding invitations are bills you have to pay around 3 months down the line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

People that don't want to go to weddings are most likely the ones the couple felt obligated to invite and were secretly hoping they wouldn't be able to come. In my experience couples end up being pressured to invite a whole bunch of people they really couldn't care less about.do everyone a favour and rsvp "no". Everyones happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

**** yourself. I've heard its a handy way of never being invited to weddings again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Sitting here bored off my hole watching awkward 50 year old white women dancing awkwardly to the killers fcuk me

Are the doors locked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The killers are fúcking you? Its the police you should be on to, not AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Are you making a request or are you missing a comma?

Would you be less bored if 50 year old black women were grindin their booty in yo face?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Foxmint

Next time . . . be an adult about it, and do the bride and groom, other guests and everyone else a favour, and don't go if you can't handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dimcoin

Go dance with them. You might have more fun than you expected.

Why are you still there at this time ? Do the decent thing for everyone and go home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

Foxmint wrote: »
    Why are you still there at this time ? Do the decent thing for everyone and go home.

You said it you glorious cnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Next time . . . be an adult about it, and do the bride and groom, other guests and everyone else a favour, and don't go if you can't handle it.

Jesus, bit of an arsey thing to say, Judgemental much? Many people are bored senseless at wedding receptions. The same old same old every time.

Jesus, bit of an arsey thing to say, Judgemental much? Many people are bored senseless at wedding receptions. The same old same old every time.

And the same old whiny crying and moaning as well. Don't go or man up. Simples.

And the same old whiny crying and moaning as well. Don't go or man up. Simples.

You sound bitter, are you getting married or are you just worried that people were bored senseless at your wedding.:confused: Either way weddings are boring and most people would rather not have to fork out to attend one. I've noticed a lot of people posting photos during wedding receptions, that's because they are bored rigid. Don't want people whining about weddings? Simples, go off get married quietly and don't have the 3 ring circus that most people don't want to go to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The fact is weddings cost people money they might not have, they might interfere with that person's work and they require a lot of planning in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

FFS
    A room full of drunk 50 year old women and you're complaining.

Man up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Are you the groom?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I wouldn't say summons OP

I'd say letter from the Revenue

Obilgatory present of cash, annual leave, possible overnight accommodation, spending money

Clock up a few of these a year and even if you have a good job you're talking a mortgage payment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Learn a lesson, and don't go to weddings if you're not going to enjoy yourself. Waste of your time and money, and a waste of theirs. No one can actually force you to go to a wedding.

You sound bitter, are you getting married or are you just worried that people were bored senseless at your wedding.:confused: Either way weddings are boring and most people would rather not have to fork out to attend one. I've noticed a lot of people posting photos during wedding receptions, that's because they are bored rigid. Don't want people whining about weddings? Simples, go off get married quietly and don't have the 3 ring circus that most people don't want to go to.

Neither, I'm just man enough not to bother my arse going to weddings I don't want to, and when I do, I make sure I have a good time. Simples.

Neither, I'm just man enough not to bother my arse going to weddings I don't want to, and when I do, I make sure I have a good time. Simples.

Good god, stop saying simples newbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I hate seeing some miserable bastard at a wedding sitting on his own looking out at the dance floor or staring at an empty glass.
    I always feel the need to chat to them to try to cheer them up...no doubt it has the opposite effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've had a great time at every single wedding I've been at.
    The drink helps.

Good god, stop saying simples newbie

1400 posts and that's the best you can do ? Man up there lad

1400 posts and that's the best you can do ? Man up there lad

Ok lad

Ok lad

Good boy

• Advertisement

Good boy

Get a room you two. Dont invite the OP to the wedding.

You're a man:eek: Your over use of the word 'simples' made me think you were a teenage girl:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Just once I'd like to see something different at a wedding, like, a three-legged race or a (staged) swordfight or maybe a swimming pool full of jelly.

Get a room you two. Dont invite the OP to the wedding.

There's a thanks for you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I hate seeing some miserable bastard at a wedding sitting on his own looking out at the dance floor or staring at an empty glass.
    I always feel the need to chat to them to try to cheer them up...no doubt it has the opposite effect.

There is a special place in hell for people like you. :mad:

There's a thanks for you ;)

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Sand wrote: »
    Learn a lesson, and don't go to weddings if you're not going to enjoy yourself. Waste of your time and money, and a waste of theirs. No one can actually force you to go to a wedding.

That's not true. You can have all sorts of familial pressure to go to ones of relatives. Which I do shortly :(

You're a man:eek: Your over use of the word 'simples' made me think you were a teenage girl:D

Well when you're whining like one, and untill you man up, that's how I'll talk to you. Simples girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Good Christ I hate weddings. Actually, I hate family weddings, everyone puts on airs and graces and it just makes for a ****ty evening. Weddings where you aren't directly related to people are the best because you can just sit back and watch the train wreck ensue.

At the last wedding I attended, that of my girlfriend's brother, I had to physically stop a friend of the bride from giving her child alcohol. Turned out they had been doing it all evening and they found it hilarious.
    Then the bride came storming into the men's room later in the evening, screaming that it was the last dance, and everyone needed to be on the dance floor, or her night would be ruined. She was just a ****ing bitch.
    I left shortly after.

I don't go to functions I don't want to, and if I'm socially obligated to go somewhere for the sake of family harmony or whatever, I try make the best of it. Going somewhere and sulking all day because you did, isn't going to improve the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭NGC999888

Easy to tell the women from the men in this thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Man, I love weddings. Just make sure ye drink enough and then people will end up starting boards about you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭SkyBlueClouds

Candie wrote: »
    I don't go to functions I don't want to, and if I'm socially obligated to go somewhere for the sake of family harmony or whatever, I try make the best of it. Going somewhere and sulking all day because you did, isn't going to improve the experience.

Yep. I'd rather suck on a lemon than endure all the pomp that entails a wedding of some distant relative or friend, can't stand the occasions. However, if you are obliged to attend best to make the most of it - gorge on as much free food and booze and possible - and slap on the happy face for a few hours.

Weddings are brilliant craic really enjoyed everyone I've been to, you must be a right auld bore op. A days drinking, big feed, more drinking out on the dance floor having the craic and then the residents bar till you drop. My idea of a great day. Had a wedding two weeks ago and another in 3 weeks and I'm already looking forward to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I love weddings :D. My cousin got married on Friday and it was a brilliant day. All the family gets together and you get the chance to catch up with people you haven't saw in a while, having the craic, a nice feed, drinks and a wee dance if you fancy it. Nothing to dislike there imo! :)

Well when you're whining like one, and untill you man up, that's how I'll talk to you. Simples girl.

Oh dear, you sound like you're off your meds today, perhaps you should go and have a little lay down, there's a good chap.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Oh my God the tension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

you must be a right auld bore op. A days drinking, big feed, more drinking out on the dance floor having the craic and then the residents bar till you drop. My idea of a great day.

So you think people are boring if they dont do what you do???
    You are not boring because you drink?
    You are amazing!

Oh dear, you sound like you're off your meds today, perhaps you should go and have a little lay down, there's a good chap.;)

Stop whining again there's a good girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Packrat

Any summons I've ever got only cost me about 250 euro. Last wedding cost me 800 plus.

Breakdown: Card money - 200, diesel - 100, Accom x 2 pax - 100, Two days work lost - 300, Food on journey plus drinks etc x 2 pax - 100

The bride is a longterm friend of mine from tye past, but with 400 at the wedding my other half never even got to meet her (they've never met) I didn't meet the groom. I don't drink, other half is 8 months pregnant so no dancing, We left "early" ie 1am.

Fcuking next invitation is going in the bin. Fcuk that for a game of soldiers.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Funerals come cheaper, and are much the same: family & friends get together, meal, drinks flowing, no dancing though generally.

It seems lots of you would prefer to go to a funeral :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement