Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

espresso stout

Options
  • 28-09-2014 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

i got 2 coopers original stouts made one with 1.5 lme / .200 brown sugar to 18L. want to make the other an espresso stout. have beans/ginder and espresso pre gound. whats he best way to go get a nice coffee stout. never dabbled my brews with coffee
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

Just make a few espressos and add them to the fermentor or bottling bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Cold steep the grains or beans for 24-48 hrs, and add the liquor to your bottling bucket

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

Steer clear of Lavazza Rossa, has a bit of a robust bitterness - just from my own experience I made a breakfast stout in March and it's only starting to mellow out.

On saying that one of the lads loved it, so whatever you're into.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

any idea on the amount .. is it full bean soak or grind and soak..i'd like it to have a noticable Vs detectable amount of coffee falvour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

• Advertisement
Advertisement