Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would I have a claim?

Options
  • 28-09-2014 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I had an accident a few years back on the 2008 while on a Fas training course I was in Canada at the time for 6 weeks work placement. On graduation night of the course two boys opened up a manhole cover and I was held over it as a joke and had dropped out of my coat they were holding me by and fell 25 foot down it fracturing both my knee caps and they are still not the same today even after surgery. I was told by friends that I might have a claim but I am not sure since it was in 2008 I probably shouldn't have left it. But just to know would I have a claim or not? Thanks in advance for your time :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Why don't you engage a solicitor in Canada? It's probable that the incident passed the statute of limitations over there, but I'd get hold of one and check...

Are you still in contact with the boys who did this?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

In general, if someone injures you through negligence or stupidity then yes you can sue them for damages.

However given the length of time that has passed and the fact that the incident took place in a foreign country with a different legal system nobody here is going to be able to give you advice on your specific situation, apart from "talk to a solicitor".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stephen_jp

Thanks for the reply's. I think I will get in contact with a solicitor just to see if anything can come from it.

Advertisement