Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dromore Lake Fishing

• 28-09-2014 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello everybody!

I'm looking for some information about fishing in Dromore Lake beshing Dromore castle. Is it free to fish there? Where would I get access to the lake? Can one go in by the castle?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,420 ✭✭✭✭phog

cillosull wrote: »
    Hello everybody!

I'm looking for some information about fishing in Dromore Lake beshing Dromore castle. Is it free to fish there? Where would I get access to the lake? Can one go in by the castle?

Thanks for the help!

There are two lakes, Dromore lake and Bleach Lough, the latter being the fishing lake.

Bleach lough anglers are your best source of info for fishing out there.

The castle is privately owned and access to Dromore Lake is restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cillosull

Excellant stuff! Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

As phog says, Dromore is privately owned but getting in from the "Kildimo side" is relatively easy... some huge pike in there! happy fishing

I was looking for somewhere to park, with easy access. Any ideas?

We used to get in from Kilmacat, the road with the entrance to Bleach Lough. This is from memory so might not be 100% accurate coming out of Bleach Lough, turn left, as you get the top of the next hill there's a lane to the left, old two storey house on right. You might be able to park along there and head in across the field.

I know a few new houses were built so that lane might have been incorporated into a driveway :-(

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply! I drove up around that area but there is no area to leave a car. Would it be worth going down to the castle. It looks like you can drive down from there. I would be ideal to get the land owners permission though :(

cillosull wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply! I drove up around that area but there is no area to leave a car. Would it be worth going down to the castle. It looks like you can drive down from there. I would be ideal to get the land owners permission though :(

I think the castle is on higher ground than the lake and while there might be a private path/steps to the lake the rest of the terrain is difficult to get through.

Best option is from the Kilmacat side, there used to be spots where you could pull into side of road.

phog wrote: »
    I think the castle is on higher ground than the lake and while there might be a private path/steps to the lake the rest of the terrain is difficult to get through.

Best option is from the Kilmacat side, there used to be spots where you could pull into side of road.

Excellent, thank you!

Advertisement