Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on shed wiring

Options
  • 28-09-2014 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi. I have built shed that is connected to the side of the house.
    Main purpose of need for electricity is for light and odd time use of power washer.

I have put in the shed one light, motion sensor, switch and double socket. All just needs to be connected.
    To supply shed I am using spare sockets cable from kitchen. Its hooked on 16a breaker.No rcd on main consumer unit in house.
    Do i need extra breaker and rcd in shed?
    Do i need earth it down at the shed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

have a look at the excellent post thread aomw of your questions are answer there, there is a layout for a small board for the shed.

You'll be advised not to add a second earth rod for the shed, the accessories, if not far from the house and cabled with the correct size cable will be earthed using the earth cable that should be in place from the new supply you have form the house to the shed.

Advertisement