Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vulture Fund reneging on previously IBRC sale agreed house

Options
  • 28-09-2014 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭

Hi, this is a bit of a weird one. The important details are as follows:

We looked for a house for about 2 years, eventually went sale agreed on a vacant house owned by IBRC in march.

In June, we're notified that the house has been sold as part of a grand lot to a vulture fund, but that the existing sale agreed is still in place.

Over the next few months we're reassured that the deal is still in place, until last week, when we are told by the estate agent that the fund is putting the house back on the market and is asking us for another 50 grand if we want to buy it now.

I realise that they're within their rights to do that, but is anyone else in the same boat? I'm incredibly angry about this as we've spent money and six months on this one house (in terms of valuation, and solicitors fees, and rent while we were waiting for progress). Given that a fund most likely isn't singling me out to be a jerk to, has anyone else had this experience recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Personally id say offer is as it stands for two weeks after that would walk away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Will the house get the extra 50k if its listed again. Will you pay that additional amount anyway if you were to go looking again for a property now?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Will the house get the extra 50k if its listed again. Will you pay that additional amount anyway if you were to go looking again for a property now?
    If the house is in Dublin, it probably will. The vulture fund is after a quick profit and unfortunetly it appears that you have been shafted:mad:

Advertisement