Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Melbourne in October - Jobs Advice

Options
  • 28-09-2014 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm moving to Melbourne in October. I have all the practicalities organised, it'll just be a case of finding a decent job once I land on the ground. As i'm on a WHV, i'm looking for short term contract work in Admin/Data Entry/Retail/Call Center (not telesales). Apart from Gumtree and the usual job sites, does anyone have any tips or advice on finding work or pointing me in the right direction for good employers who usually take on WHV's, speaking from experience?

Many thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Type 417 into the search box on seek.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

Hi All,

I'm moving to Melbourne in October. I have all the practicalities organised, it'll just be a case of finding a decent job once I land on the ground. As i'm on a WHV, i'm looking for short term contract work in Admin/Data Entry/Retail/Call Center (not telesales). Apart from Gumtree and the usual job sites, does anyone have any tips or advice on finding work or pointing me in the right direction for good employers who usually take on WHV's, speaking from experience?

Many thanks :)

Hey what date u flying ? Myself and my girlfriend are arriving the 25th of October !

I myself would be looking for work along the same lines as yourself! Have you any accom sorted or where you'd like to live ?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭SkyBlueClouds

Hey what date u flying ? Myself and my girlfriend are arriving the 25th of October !

I myself would be looking for work along the same lines as yourself! Have you any accom sorted or where you'd like to live ?

21st October. Have a short term hostel booked and going to look for both accom and job when over.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

21st October. Have a short term hostel booked and going to look for both accom and job when over.

Yeah same think were going to book into pint on punt in st kilda for a week to try and get work and an apartment share sorted

If you need anyone for a double room let me know !

Advertisement