Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this laptop worth it

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It would depend on how much video editing you are looking to do. Should be capable of the basic cut up and such. But anything more than that, you should look at what people are using in the forums for the software you intend to use.

The main thing with football manager has usually been down to ram as far as I recall. Should be fine on that, but im not sure as the description says "upto 8gb capacity" might just be a bad translation, or extra ram will cost more up to 8gb in total. Youd want to check that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

tbh its way overpriced. onboard graphics at this price is bull****.

tbh its way overpriced. onboard graphics at this price is bull****.

+1 on this. I think the laptop is overpriced. Check some other retailers for comparable specs with better graphics. Should be some good bargains in the sales post Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

To be fair, it does have an Intel Core-i7 "U"-type CPU. That's probably jacking up the price a bit.

It also has a 1080p screen and has a sleek look.

• Advertisement

I got it yesterday and I find if brilliant. Even for games football manager runs 5/5 stars instead of 1/2 star on my old one. It was worth the money imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Crazy price.

For that price on Amazon or similar you will get a proper gaming laptop.

This one is grand but only worth about €500, it's also a ULV i7 not a 'proper' i7, performance is on-par with €400 laptops.

Crazy price.
    This one is grand but only worth about €500, it's also a ULV i7 not a 'proper' i7, performance is on-par with €400 laptops.

The battery usage reductions in ULV CPUs is worth the price imo though. Each to their own!

OP, you can get the same laptop but with better graphics (50+ % better) for much less on Amazon! Maybe it's too late to return it, but I thought I'd let you know nevertheless.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Z50-70-15-6-inch-Notebook-White/dp/B00O8SE29U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419636687&sr=8-1&keywords=z5070+lenovo

Take note of the laptop's reviews though ;)

Cathalog wrote: »
    The battery usage reductions in ULV CPUs is worth the price imo though. Each to their own!

OP, you can get the same laptop but with better graphics (50+ % better) for much less on Amazon! Maybe it's too late to return it, but I thought I'd let you know nevertheless.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Z50-70-15-6-inch-Notebook-White/dp/B00O8SE29U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419636687&sr=8-1&keywords=z5070+lenovo

Take note of the laptop's reviews though ;)

Are you implying it's good or bad ?

£519 = €662!
    I spent €829 so I overspent by €167.
    Maybe I should have looked elsewhere but I'm happy with it and it is preforming very well. I'm happy with the specs and there is no faults I could give it. Graphics are great.

Are you implying it's good or bad ?

£519 = €662!
    I spent €829 so I overspent by €167.
    Maybe I should have looked elsewhere but I'm happy with it and it is preforming very well. I'm happy with the specs and there is no faults I could give it. Graphics are great.

Sorry, should have been clearer. I'm implying that ULV CPUs are worth the cost in general (that was just a reply to Terror's comment about ULV CPUs in general - not your laptop specifically).

With regards to your laptop, I'm saying that going with Amazon would have been €167 cheaper, and would have had identical specs except for the graphics, which would have been better. Win win!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

seems expesive

Advertisement