Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 6 Strange Wifi Issue

• 28-09-2014 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with their wifi (speeds mainly).

Picked up on iPhone 6 Plus on friday, love the phone so far. I am having one issue with the wifi download speeds that I've managed to isolate to this device.

I have a 100Mbps connection that I usually get between 70-80Mbps down with a ~6ms ping (checked on my macbook pro, iPad, iPhone 5S and 5C).
    Now, when running the Ookla speedtest (or any other speedtest app & in browser) on my new 6+, I get abnormally high ping of around 136ms. Then when the download test begins it shoots up to 20Mbps for a split second, then right back down to around 4Mbps. Where it slowly increases to around 9Mbps.. this is where it gets weird - the download stalls, for about 3-4 seconds and gradually grinds to a halt.

bXTYrdZ.jpg?1

Have a look at the graph just below the 'Download' rating. There's a big dead spot there where the wifi just cuts out completely.

And the same speedtest running on my mac:

wm4TOKg.jpg

This is with every speed test I've checked - it's like the wifi radio loses power for a few seconds and cycles itself off and on. I have reset the network settings already, disabled cellular data etc, to no avail.

I've done some looking into this since yesterday and made sure everything is OK on my router side. Low interference, good SNR and few devices connected at once. It seems to be the iPhone, or the iOS 8 software that's doing it.. however my partners 5C on iOS8 does not have this issue.

Comments

Advertisement